• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
definitely. should have just extended the S550 for 4 more years.
That is essentially what Ford did…

…it looks like a Mustang and looks better than the 2015. Looking better than the 2018 is debatable but this is just a far cleaner design that actually looks like a car and not an appliance.

thePill was very, very, VERY adamant that the S650 would simply be an upgraded S550 and explained in detail why that was so.

The 8th Gen will look like the 1st Gen and that has been priority for most of the S550’s production and booted any idea of a CD6 platform. In fact, there was some CAD for a design similar to this captured by Car & Driver in 2012…

It will be insane if we actually get a 500hp GT… for less than $40,000?

…and people are mad? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just bring on the EV’s then. 👉🏻👌🏼
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I haven't read every post in the thread, so others have probably shared the same sentiment, but a bunch of hate is pretty normal for a new release. While I don't feel the need to rush out and buy one, I think it looks fine. I think that the gray GT (I assume) looks good from that angle. The biggest disappointment for me is that it looks more like a new S550 variant than a new model.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Well… if these are real - and it sure looks that way…

I really like what they did with the front and rear. About what we expected and it looks really nice. Much better than some renders.

the interior dash looks great, but the lower console section seems carryover?

the Fallon video made it seem like the rear quarter window came to a point. This looks like THE EXACT SAME QUARTER WINDOW from the s550?!? That is REALLY BAD. I am in disbelief they’d be so lazy about that while calling it all new. They literally needed to simply change the car files to make the window come to a point and it would look radically different and new. Cue the bewilderment.

the recaros could have been designed better. They look oldschool.

the headlights are awesome. Tails are awesome. Rear geometry - awesome. Less overhang - awesome.

overall feel is an s550 facelift - but an amazing one.

in conclusion: doesn’t look worthy of “all new,” but it DOES look like a “poster car.”
It looks larger in the blue gt

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
Love the front.

Side and rear look very Camaro-ish. Could possibly be a strategy to appeal to Camaro owners now that Chevy is giving it the axe.

That digital dash is going to be a sun-glare nightmare.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm looking forward to tonight resolving whatever gripes I have with the design language of the S650. That said it's definitely growing on me. The original S550 didn't wow me (shocker) but the facelift was what got me back in to cars in general. I'm still holding out hope for some internal surprises about this new 'Stang...anything to separate it from this current gen.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Nothing here I'll trade my '20 vert for. There are a few body design tweaks that are nice, but it's weak tea on that front. The middle looks fat.

In four years, I may feel different. I traded my '13 s197 for a 550 in 2018.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
The dash really reminds me of my Explorer ST. The vents are the same and it has the same faux carbon fiber‘ish looking plastic. Hopefully it’s not as cheap feeling as that was but it’s probably the same. The closeup of the dash near the start button looks super cheap with the fake weave plastic pattern. Not a fan of the “same as every car” looking upper dash with the ginormous screen and loosing the classic symmetrical look.

The exterior looks like they took all the Mach-E designs like headlights and taillights and smooshed them into a car. From a front bumper perspective, they did the opposite and tried to combined a Mach1, 350, and 500 into an oversized mashup. It looks kind of aftermarket and out of proportion from the original vehicles it’s imitating.

5/10 from me sorry…
Pre production

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
the diaper has been a nickname/point of discussion for over a decade lol.
look on the bright side, molded plastic without paint means fewer pieces for the paint shop to screw up and fewer pieces for QA to inspect and send back for a re-spray.

/wakes up from 'shroom-inspired halucination - like Ford bothers to QA the paint shop...

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why does this thing have the diaper from the 2010 Mustang?! WTF!

2010 mustang rear.jpg

The 2010 diaper was my first thought when I saw the rear of the S650.

I really disliked it on the '10..............but looking at it now its not really so bad :)

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I feel like enough of us on this forum have been around long enough to know that nobody (ourselves included) is ever capable of properly judging how we feel about a car's appearance right after it's officially revealed.

EVERYbody hates new models on day one, but 90% of the time, it grows on us... and I certainly see that happening here.

Right now, yeah, I'm finding myself preferring my Mach 1, but I think this actually looks pretty sharp from some angles, and I can totally see it wow-ing me the first time I see it in person.

VRYALT3R3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Why do you even have an account here then?
The ZL1 1LE shits on the new Mustang pretty hard. I own a 2015 Mustang GT I bought new and a 2020 Raptor I bought new.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
This minus the interior is still digestible with just these photos. I am really hoping the interior is completely fake though there is evidence it's real.
Sponsored