• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I qualify for X-plan through my employer, but I don't see much of a discount. Prices posted on dealer's websites are lower. What's the point? Now I see good discounts using truecar.com.
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Below X-plan

I qualify for X-plan through my employer, but I don't see much of a discount. Prices posted on dealer's websites are lower. What's the point? Now I see good discounts using truecar.com.
Called to find out if dealer accepted X-Plan and they said yes we do, but our Internet price is lower...and it truly was. There are good prices out there. I drove 200 miles to get great price without X-plan.:cool:

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
X-Plan prices are before any rebates. Prices posted on dealer's websites are post rebates. Most people get the standard $500 + personal $750 rebate so most people using X-plan pay $1250 less than the X-plan price.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
X-Plan prices are before any rebates. Prices posted on dealer's websites are post rebates. Most people get the standard $500 + personal $750 rebate so most people using X-plan pay $1250 less than the X-plan price.

Also, dealer fees are capped! This adds to more savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 113

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Unfortunately around here the dealers post MSRP prices and when you fill out the online form for a quote, they end up calling you and giving you the MSRP price anyway.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
So I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all of the xplan stuff, and i want to make sure one of the dealer's isnt trying to do me wrong.

looking at a GT premium, PP and Premium interior.
Using the ford xplan site i am getting:
34,294 for gt premium
2,495 for PP
395 for premium interior

when i went to the dealer and he printed out the VOC sheet it showed $38,002.

it looked like the difference in price was fuel and ADV Assesment, that ADV fee being $786. Im trying to read up on everything in this thread/site and on the ford site but im getting wrapped up in a lot and not seeing what i should be.

Is the pricing on fords site the be all end all? Arent these fees supposed to be included in the xplan pricing?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Is the pricing on fords site the be all end all? Arent these fees supposed to be included in the xplan pricing?
No. The X-plan only limits doc fee to $100, all other fees you still need to pay. However the X-plan price is before any rebates, so with little effort you should lower the price by $1250 -> $500 standard rebate and $750 personal offer.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
No. The X-plan only limits doc fee to $100, all other fees you still need to pay. However the X-plan price is before any rebates, so with little effort you should lower the price by $1250 -> $500 standard rebate and $750 personal offer.
Hmmm so that $800 adv fee is legit?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP

Ok thanks for the info and simpling it for me. Of all the fees i think that one stings the most and is the most infuriating. A fee for advertising :rage: but alas im sure im not the first or last one to take issue here.

Malkionx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Ecoboost Performance Pack
Any chance anyone has tried to use this in Canada?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
With X-plan you don't hassle for price - you get a fixed one. Configure your options using the X-plan pricing link. Subtract all the incentives from the price that you're eligible for (for example the standard $500 and the $750 personal offer) and that's the final price before taxes and other fees (some of them capped by the X-plan as well.)

Basically you're guaranteed a good deal - not best but good to very good.

Here's the direct link: https://www.fordpartner.com/index.asp?clientCode=MC405&currentCountry=USA

Last edited:

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
It will be close. Here's the formula:

Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee.

In addition X-plan limits doc fee to $100.
Sponsored