• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

RedFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - DIB
Sandy Springs Ford.
That is who told me 2 hours ago that it wasnt available. Can you pm me the person you are dealing with?
Sponsored

RedFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - DIB
Here is the reply I just got from Sandy Springs Ford, interfering as it is their dealership who isn't doing it because they think hey are hot stuff apparently. Will contact Thom and use him instead.

"It is us. The dealers offering X plan (if that is true) may not have the allocation we have and it could take six month or better for them to get their cars. Being the largest Mustang Dealer in the southeast we will get a lot quick.

It’s up to you, do you want to get one of the first built with a low serial number or do you want to wait six months after the come out to get one? Heck, depending on the dealer you may have to wait to 2016."

Sorry for typing...iphone

moartorque

Threads
Reaction score
Here is the reply I just got from Sandy Springs Ford, interfering as it is their dealership who isn't doing it because they think hey are hot stuff apparently. Will contact Thom and use him instead.

"It is us. The dealers offering X plan (if that is true) may not have the allocation we have and it could take six month or better for them to get their cars. Being the largest Mustang Dealer in the southeast we will get a lot quick.

It’s up to you, do you want to get one of the first built with a low serial number or do you want to wait six months after the come out to get one? Heck, depending on the dealer you may have to wait to 2016."

This is the second vehicle I have bought from him. I called him earlier sent him my order and he still has not sent me pricing but confirmed that X-plan was available for a GT Premium. I don't think its available for the 50th.

:headbonk:

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
So good to have a family member working as a salesmen at a local dealership. Not only did I get my order in, but because I didn't go crazy with my options, they used on of their fleet orders for me instead of pushing my order until after they ordered the standard ones for the dealership. They were already going to order a TY one and he just changed the options for me. I'll have this thing the day the dealership gets their first shipment. And they honored X-plan on it with $500 refundable downpayment.

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score

This whole experience certainly reinforces my belief that car dealerships are, for the most part, complete a-holes. I certainly know a few great ones, but the majority seem bent on screwing people over.

TheLeftSchuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Raptor - '18 Dodge Demon - '67 Camaro RS/SS
My question around the pre-order with X-plan pricing is what to expect when it comes time to negotiate the extended warranty. It seems like the dealership will have all the power since my car will be sitting there and they know I'm pot committed at that point. Any advice?

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
My question around the pre-order with X-plan pricing is what to expect when it comes time to negotiate the extended warranty. It seems like the dealership will have all the power since my car will be sitting there and they know I'm pot committed at that point. Any advice?
You aren't committed. You can walk away at any point prior to taking possession of the car. I have zero plans on buying the extended warranty.

TheLeftSchuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Raptor - '18 Dodge Demon - '67 Camaro RS/SS
You aren't committed. You can walk away at any point prior to taking possession of the car. I have zero plans on buying the extended warranty.
Thanks. I mean more emotionally committed than financially. After waiting 5 months I would have a hard time walking away over the extended warranty. My fear is they will know that and take me to the cleaners.

Suppose I could walk away from the warranty...

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Ford sells their extended warranties at set prices based on the car and the coverage. If the dealer was like the one I bought my fusion from, they'll try and sell you an aftermarket warranty with a huge markup. I didn't know better and got the one they offered, but a few months later realized Ford sells theirs much cheaper than the stealership raped me for. Luckily they had a return policy written in the contract (since it hadn't kicked in yet, I was still under factory warranty). I did some research and found in a Fusion forum a dealer in northern Indiana that would sell you Ford extended warranties for less than Ford sells them via their website, and was going to buy from them but my dealer caved and gave me a deal to keep my warranty through them. I'll see if I can dig up the name of that dealer in northern Indiana for ya and you can at least price shop around :-)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Thanks. I mean more emotionally committed than financially. After waiting 5 months I would have a hard time walking away over the extended warranty. My fear is they will know that and take me to the cleaners.

Suppose I could walk away from the warranty...
Despite what the dealer might tell you, extended warranty won't cost any more if you buy it later (and separate) from Ford, as long as their rates don't go up and you get it before the 3 year 36k warranty is up.

EDIT: I just read on another forum that the price can go up by about $100 after the 12 month mark, so you may want to research further and don't take what I say as set in stone :-)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Oh and don't let them try to force you into any of their aftermarket crap. Every dealer I've been to always has something. I used to work at a dealer as a lot attendant in high school and they would randomly put pin stripes, tint windows, etc on cars in their lots and charge stupid prices for it (this is how they make money on new cars!) the one I bought my Fusion from kept trying to get me to do a Ziebart protection on it, etc. if you like window tint like me, don't have the dealer do it...they charge too much and will only do the darkest legal which in most states is pretty much nothing. I always get my cars tinted at other reputable shops and I've never been bugged by cops for dark tint (in the 14 years I've been driving!) :-)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Here are some sites I found for Ford ESPs:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPage

http://www.floodfordesp.com/

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/

The point is, there's an MSRP for all Ford warranties, and just like the cars, the dealers make money on them (and some even charge more than MSRP to suckers out there, I think!) maybe not, which is why my dealer was selling 3rd party ESPs since they can get away with charging more. Anyway, you can shop around (many places sell for less than MSRP), negotiate with your dealer, or buy direct from Ford...up to you!

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Try zeigler ford in Michigan.
That's where I got esps for my Raptor and wife's Expedition

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
OK I keep seeing peoples X-plan invoices printed out and Destination of $800+ is in there...when Ford said destination was included in the base price. Any clue whats going on there?
Sponsored