• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Winter storage question ( don't laugh)

GKman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Its almost time to pack the Mustang convertible away for the cold , snowy Minnesota winter. I could leave it covered in the the driveway or let it sit in the unheated garage.. If I keep my truck in the garage, I wouldn't have to clear snow off the truck and it worry about a dead battery. Probably the chance of mice and squirrels taking up residence is less outside in the cold, also. Of course I would broom snow off the ragtop.
Think it makes any real difference where its stored?
Sponsored

Combinepilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Limited
Its almost time to pack the Mustang convertible away for the cold , snowy Minnesota winter. I could leave it covered in the the driveway or let it sit in the unheated garage.. If I keep my truck in the garage, I wouldn't have to clear snow off the truck and it worry about a dead battery. Probably the chance of mice and squirrels taking up residence is less outside in the cold, also. Of course I would broom snow off the ragtop.
Think it makes any real difference where its stored?
Garage for me if I was in the same situation.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Mustang in truck out, I have been doing that since I got my first Mustang in 2018. Some things that make having the truck outside in the winter that make it easier are a hard tonneau cover and remote start, you still to brush off the windows but keeping the mustang protected is worth it IMHO.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm with everyone else. Mustang in the garage, truck out. Fortunately, I have a place to store mine. My wife's car goes in our garage and my daily driver sits outside. It is a bit of a pain having to clean my car off in the winter, but I'm retired and don't have to worry about going out every day. You might want to check on some cheap storage in your area. Good luck.

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
I Definitely drive them all winter so they don’t sit long enough for normal hibernation. Got block heaters and trickle chargers on so they are ready to fire up and hit the road as soon as they are cleared which luckily doesn’t take long with the rain vs snow we usually get now..

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
A company called Tomcat make rodent bait system that you should investigate. Rats moved into our yard and ate the wiring in one of or tenants trucks. As we have 30 acres, we are starting with 10 bait traps and may add to that. For us it's a double risk. We are located next to the Salt River and while it rarely has water in it, Rattle Snakes call it home. Mice or Rats would draw the snakes and as there are plenty of places to hide, it's not the type of company we want to keep.
We had an exterminator look at our property and because of the size, he indicated this would be a better solution than having him do it.
We have cats in the yard but the rats are a bit more than the cats want to deal with.
We got our stations and bait from Amazon however I saw a display in Home Depot today.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
A company called Tomcat make rodent bait system that you should investigate. Rats moved into our yard and ate the wiring in one of or tenants trucks. As we have 30 acres, we are starting with 10 bait traps and may add to that. For us it's a double risk. We are located next to the Salt River and while it rarely has water in it, Rattle Snakes call it home. Mice or Rats would draw the snakes and as there are plenty of places to hide, it's not the type of company we want to keep.
We had an exterminator look at our property and because of the size, he indicated this would be a better solution than having him do it.
We have cats in the yard but the rats are a bit more than the cats want to deal with.
We got our stations and bait from Amazon however I saw a display in Home Depot today.
My son once had a critter chew the wiring from the msd box at the box talk about frustration causing critters. I wanna say I once heard a story about a mouse that ended with an elephant

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Have to go with the others and say garage it. Just seems better if you're going to have it sitting all winter to do it in a nice protected garage. As for mice, we had them in the engine compartment of our Acura MDX. Chewed through the wiring. Had to get it towed. We had no idea what was going on until the dealership figured it out. Those little effers are drawn to the wiring for some reason. Heard the same story from others.
Sponsored