• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Window Tint Opinions

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
So, I got my S650 GT Friday finally! With that being said I have already scheduled to take it and have all of the windows tinted. I am thinking of doing 5% for the rear windshield, rear small windows and both Drivers Side and Passenger side Windows. Then doing a 5% brow with the rest of the front windshield being 35%. Has anyone rocked the 5% on their front windows on the S550 or really any car for that matter, how was it? Pros vs Cons? I may bump it up to a 10% for everything, I'm just torn and looking for opinions. TIA!
Sponsored

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
So, I got my S650 GT Friday finally! With that being said I have already scheduled to take it and have all of the windows tinted. I am thinking of doing 5% for the rear windshield, rear small windows and both Drivers Side and Passenger side Windows. Then doing a 5% brow with the rest of the front windshield being 35%. Has anyone rocked the 5% on their front windows on the S550 or really any car for that matter, how was it? Pros vs Cons? I may bump it up to a 10% for everything, I'm just torn and looking for opinions. TIA!
I had 5% on the rear passenger windows of my wifeā€™s expedition. You canā€™t see put them at night. My installer recommended not going lower than 18% on the rear window just to help with the night to driving. You canā€™t see in it from the outside so itā€™s still good. I would suggest the same.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also make sure you have someone who will pass your vehicle if you have a state inspection needed for registration purposes.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Also make sure you have someone who will pass your vehicle if you have a state inspection needed for registration purposes.
I luckily don't have state inspections so no worries there. would doing 15% all around besides the front windshield be a better idea? I don't do an insane amount of night driving but do want to still be able to see if I am.

_JĀ¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
I luckily don't have state inspections so no worries there. would doing 15% all around besides the front windshield be a better idea? I don't do an insane amount of night driving but do want to still be able to see if I am.
5% is too dark at night, 15-20% should still be visible for night driving.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have ran 5% on all but the windshield for years, on all my vehicles.

Ceramic tint helps with the seeing out, if that is an issue for some.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
15% driver, passenger and rear. Darkest I dare go at night. 5% small windows. I'm considering front with high visibility, 70+%, but still not sure. All ceramic for sure.

2020_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Ceramic 5% tint all around and 35% up front is PERFECT! I can see out my car perfectly fine without any issues from the inside out. I think it all depends on the film used and ceramic has worked flawless

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Ceramic 5% tint all around and 35% up front is PERFECT! I can see out my car perfectly fine without any issues from the inside out. I think it all depends on the film used and ceramic has worked flawless
The type of film doesn't matter at all. The percentage is a measurement of light coming through. Doesn't make a difference how much you think you can see "perfectly fine," 5% is just dangerous on first row windows. Especially at night.

2020_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
The type of film doesn't matter at all. The percentage is a measurement of light coming through. Doesn't make a difference how much you think you can see "perfectly fine," 5% is just dangerous on first row windows. Especially at night.
5% I can see perfectly fine to my left and right . The windshield up front is 35% which for me the combo I stated earlier works really well

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
S650 Mustang Window Tint Opinions pEofKm

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you have a detailer in mind, go to their place and get a junk strip, a scrap strip of film you're interested in. Stick it somewhere on your glass and drive with it for a few days.

If they cannot accommodate the above, they should have a display with the different percentages and types, on a window facing the outside, so you can check them out.

If not already familiar, review state laws, to see how far out of spec you'd be. Consider your ideas versus what you already know about the local authorities and how willing they are to pull people over.

*Edit: Something else to consider is the type of tint used. Older generations, still on the market and cheaper, can block light. Newer generations not only block light, but UV rays as well. Further, modern tints will not interfere with cell phones, radio signals or polarized lenses (sun or prescription).

Last edited:

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Iā€™d recommend 20% all the way around. Your state has a 30% tint law so consider that as well, get angry at yourself if ticketed and not the laws. 20% is fairly close to 30% on top of the factory and you probably will be fine. 5% is a whole different look. The rear window should allow 5% with two mirrors but Iā€™m not sure. However after 2020 enforcement has taken a plunge on these equipment issues so you would probably be ok regardless.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your state will have tint laws and cops can pull you over to inspect them. So make sure you check those. Iā€™m doing 20% and Iā€™m good with that.
Sponsored