• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Window Tint Opinions

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I've had 4 Mustangs in the past 12 years and I've had 5% all the way around and 50% across the whole windshield on every one. I also tint the head lights and side marker lights as well. I've probably gotten used to the darkness level but even now sometimes, mostly in the dead of winter, I have a slightly hard time seeing when there are no street lights illuminating the ground. That being said I've already done this to my black S650 because it just looks too damn good.
Hard to tell in picture (and standing next to them), but the truck is 70 windshield, 35 on the rest and the Mustang is 50/20.

Driving they seem the exact same, but that's just me.
20231001_133319.jpg
Tinting the windshield, especially with 50% or higher tint, how's your vision at night? Had a previous mustang with 35% on pax n dvr side and it was difficult to see out the windows at night, had to roll windows down at times.
Sponsored

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
Tinting the windshield, especially with 50% or higher tint, how's your vision at night? Had a previous mustang with 35% on pax n dvr side and it was difficult to see out the windows at night, had to roll windows down at times.
night driving is fine most of the time as long as there are some street lights illuminating the ground. Just to be safe I roll my windows down when I'm cruising through my neighborhood or any place with a high concentration of people, I don't think it entirely necessary but it's just something I do to give myself a little more spacial awareness. after driving with a tinted shield for a few weeks you'll barely notice it most of the time

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's not an issue. I also don't like that, but I haven't had any problems or noticed it being too dark at night. I know it's a pretty subjective thing.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Newer tints allow it to look dark from the outside but not as dark when looking out. I was concerned about this too until we sat in a car with the same tint we got. It’s not as if it had zero tint but it’s not very dark looking out.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Newer tints allow it to look dark from the outside but not as dark when looking out. I was concerned about this too until we sat in a car with the same tint we got. It’s not as if it had zero tint but it’s not very dark looking out.
New tint can be completely clear yet stop the UV and heat.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
New tint can be completely clear yet stop the UV and heat.
I'll be looking into that as my primary purpose for tint is UV and heat reduction.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I'll be looking into that as my primary purpose for tint is UV and heat reduction.
Some want that but still want folks to see a nice interior. Also, avoids issues with tint laws. Good luck!
Sponsored