• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will s650 seats sit lower?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There seems to be some change in the stock leather seats. Will these sit lower? They look like they might be an inch with less foam in the seat? Anyone sat in both?
Sponsored

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Very little apparent change to seats other than trim and the addition of Vent to the Recaro Seats. Appears to sit at the same ride height as S550.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
No one knows yet as Ford hasnā€™t let a lot of folks behind the wheel. But there is supposed to be more room for a driver with a helmet. So right now itā€™s a maybe.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
The Tec sheet comparing both S550 and S650 is the same at 37.6 for head room. So I think not. Would be a waste to re design all seat for no reason anyhow.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
The Tec sheet comparing both S550 and S650 is the same at 37.6 for head room. So I think not. Would be a waste to re design all seat for no reason anyhow.
Seats are often replaced for people that want lower center of gravity or just too tall to be comfortable. If ford wants the most track focused mustang ever those seats gotta go lower. Aftermarket seats work but you gotta fiddle with airbag sensors and then other factors. Would use be awesome if they did but thanks for the info. I wonder how they measure headroom? Floor to ceiling maybe? Idk but thanks for the info

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
You might be right that its without the seats. From Ecoboost to the 350 and 500 its all the same measurement. There is no way that the 350/500 Recaros don't go lower because they both feel significantly lower than leather or cloth seats do. Comparing the 2024 and 2020 technical sheets I have a thought they didn't even account for anything other than the standard lazyboy seats.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ford has already told us that there will be more headroom in the S650 for race helmet clearance so i'm not sure about those numbers. They either raised the roof, lowered the seats, or a combination of both.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Ford has already told us that there will be more headroom in the S650 for race helmet clearance so i'm not sure about those numbers. They either raised the roof, lowered the seats, or a combination of both.
They could of went fuck it and copy pasted the numbers. They are also people.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I hope they didn't raise the roof.
there is one article I read saying that as well. Donā€™t know if I really believe it. Would be cheaper to lower the seat than redesign the roof but who knows. Iā€™ve also compared legroom specs between s550 and s650 showing a loss of a few inches but I think the specs are off cause I donā€™t see that happening

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I remember reading something on reveal day that claimed that Ford raised the roofline, I just donā€™t see it

But considering that the seats are the same, itā€™s not like theyā€™d have a different H point for the driver and that sets the reference point when measuring headroom in a car, so it has to be the roofline

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
there is one article I read saying that as well. Donā€™t know if I really believe it. Would be cheaper to lower the seat than redesign the roof but who knows. Iā€™ve also compared legroom specs between s550 and s650 showing a loss of a few inches but I think the specs are off cause I donā€™t see that happening
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ford didn't change much regarding the overall shape of the car. Since the seats will be the same and quite a few interior parts will be the same as well I'm sure Ford didn't change much if not anything at all regarding the seating position. It would cost money and hardly anyone is arguing in your favour so... Ford didn't change the seating position nor did they change the roof ;)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ford didn't change much regarding the overall shape of the car. Since the seats will be the same and quite a few interior parts will be the same as well I'm sure Ford didn't change much if not anything at all regarding the seating position. It would cost money and hardly anyone is arguing in your favour so... Ford didn't change the seating position nor did they change the roof ;)
I found the original press release from Ford and it sounds like thereā€™s some fuckery with the wording here:

The roofline is optimized for driver entry and exit without removing their helmet on the track
Source: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/09/14/2024-ford-mustang-reveal.html

Nothing about interior headroom and I have zero clue what they could realistically do to back up those claims

Edit: after googling key words, it looks like a bunch of publications paraphrased this by saying Ford ā€œoptimized the roofline for drivers wearing a helmetā€ which could easily be misinterpreted as having added additional interior headroom

Mustang FX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
I found the original press release from Ford and it sounds like thereā€™s some fuckery with the wording here:
The roofline is optimized for driver entry and exit without removing their helmet on the track
What does "driver entry" even mean and how do you "optimize" it without changing the door or roofline... sounds like marketing hype to emphasis track use. We'll know for sure when we can compare s550 s650 side by side.