• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit.

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Vapor Blue 6 Spd
The RTR Spec 2, image is what sold me on the mustang. I was not intending to buy a new car but when we were at the dealership getting my wifes new van I made the mistake of test driving one of the '24 6 spd mustangs. It was a 6spd in vapor Blue, and I fell in love. I hated the stock non PP spoiler, so while talking numbers with the salesman, I was looking for aftermarket spoilers as the PP pack spoiler was $2500 ish. I ran across the RTR Blog showing off the SPEC 2 and its aero KIT. That sealed the deal for me and I wanted that look. Bought the mustang that day and started ordering parts that night. While I was researching I was not able to find a way to order the whole thing as RTR only listed the S550 Spec vehicles on the website and had not updated for the S650 Spec Car's under the vehicle tab.

Between CJ Pony Parts, American Muscle and RTR's site I was able to order everything for the RTR Spec 2 minus the badges, decal kit, plaque and certificate. It wasn't until the next week that I was able to get more info on the SPEC 2, where to get it installed etc. This being my first new car with a warranty it's weird that I have to use a dealer for everything. After talking with Lebannon Ford on the phone and an RTR sales guy over chat (No one ever answers or calls back when I call RTR directly) I inquired as to how I could make mine a full kit by purchasing the missing items, and having the Authorized RTR dealer or even the RTR shop install them to make it the "full thing". They informed me that the only way to get the missing items is to purchase it as a complete kit. If I was to do this I would need to ship back everything that I already bought and be subject to return shipping fees and restocking fees to the tune of (2-3k) and then repurchase the "full" kit from a dealer at the STD base cost of $12,500 (not including install cost).

I personally find this ridiculous, as if it's an auth RTR dealer or RTR themselves, they can verify that I am installing authentic RTR parts. You already sell most of the kit individually, so it's not like these come from the makers as pre packaged kits. For warranty or accident replacements there has to be spare parts avail even of the ones you don't list on the website for indv purchase.

I've included a spreadsheet below of everything I have purchased so far. I did a breakout of what parts of the RTR kit I bought and its cost minus the *RTR MSRP SPEC 2 list on their site.

So you can buy the complete spec 2 kit minus the Serialized Dash Plaque Engraved w/ Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s signature , RTR Badging (Grille, Fender, and Decklid) , RTR Speed Block Graphics Package and cert of authenticity for $8,709.56 (Notice I got the upgraded staggered rims as well as coilovers). For those missing items the difference in cost is $3,790.44 when compared to the STD Spec 2 Package. (This is all minus the install cost btw). Do those really cost that much?

Because after running the numbers, it seems the real issue of allowing someone to upgrade to the full kit is that it would cut into your full kit profit margin. Seems kind of against your ethos that your promoting on the website and You Tube.

I can understand protecting IP and not wanting someone slapping rtr badges on a base Mustang etc. But if its all verified and documented and installed by RTR authorized people I don't see the issue here.

Pics of mine
S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. 20240207_113410
S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. 20240205_190104
S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. 20240207_113359
Sponsored

Last edited:

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
let me save you some more money. The cheapest coil-overs worth a damn are from RideTech or Ohlins and are north of $3000. $1000-ish coilovers are chinese *garbage*. If you are prepared to pull them apart, replace the pistons, and revalve correctly then sure, they are cheap parts that come unhelpfully "assembled" in a box.

And official Ford TPMS are $25 each from tpms.com.

Not sure why the BoltOn wheel spacers. Were you thinking buying 4 of just the rear rims instead of a non-rotatable set? In either event, get yourself a set of extended front studs and SLIPON spacers if you want to run et50+ wheels up front.

Also, RU sure you want 20" rims?
Oh and lose the FP jounce bumpers. Get the Eibach.
front: BS770044
rear: BS770060

Last edited:
OP
OP
00Smurf

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
let me save you some more money. The cheapest coil-overs worth a damn are from RideTech or Ohlins and are north of $3000. $1000-ish coilovers are chinese *garbage*. If you are prepared to pull them apart, replace the pistons, and revalve correctly then sure, they are cheap parts that come unhelpfully "assembled" in a box.

And official Ford TPMS are $25 each from tpms.com.

Not sure why the BoltOn wheel spacers. Were you thinking buying 4 of just the rear rims instead of a non-rotatable set? In either event, get yourself a set of extended front studs and SLIPON spacers if you want to run et50+ wheels up front.

Also, RU sure you want 20" rims?
Oh and lose the FP jounce bumpers. Get the Eibach.
front: BS770044
rear: BS770060
Bolt on spacers are for my stock rims, in order to bring em out a bit. My stock wheels are the bronze package 19 x 9.5's square.

The RTR aero 5's have perfect offsets and fitments and even at stock height look very good on the car. Def sold on the 20's for the car, as I already have them installed and mounted.

All of the parts in that spread sheet i've already bought. But will def bookmark the $25 tpms sensors for the future. It's not worth returning what I have now and rebuying, they are already mounted in the rims.

Will check out the eibach jouncers for sure.

I went with the rtr coils as its part of the spec 2 kit, they have already been tested on the track and reviews were good. Also the RTR stuff keeps my factory warranty in check. I've never owned a car with a warranty, I've always bought and restored one. Prior to this the most expensive car I ever bought was a 2003e46 m3 with 195k dealer serviced miles for 8k ( I put 100k trouble free miles on it too lol.)

Typically I run Koni/eibach coilover combos made by ground control or the Bilstein pss9/pss10 .

OP
OP
00Smurf

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yo @RTR Vehicles, Do I qualify yet to obtain/buy the decals, badges and plaque?

S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. 20240303_155741

S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. FB_IMG_1709551728406

S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. FB_IMG_1709552080295

S650 Mustang Why Can't you upgrade your individually purchased RTR parts to a complete kit. FB_IMG_1709552128815

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
yo @RTR Vehicles, Do I qualify yet to obtain/buy the decals, badges and plaque?
that would void/cheapen the 'certificate of paying-way-too-much authenticity" so, no.
Hey, you were supposed to bask in the exclusivity, not try to do an end-run around the walled garden. Next you'll have people buying those evil Chinese knockoffs from Aliexpress (shipped out the back door of the authentic facility, instead of the front) and wanting the stickers to finish the look. Then how are they going to maintain the 300% profit margin?

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I would think you could at least get the graphics package if not the badges. They should be offered with all the other parts. My two cents.

OP
OP
00Smurf

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that would void/cheapen the 'certificate of paying-way-too-much authenticity" so, no.
Hey, you were supposed to bask in the exclusivity, not try to do an end-run around the walled garden. Next you'll have people buying those evil Chinese knockoffs from Aliexpress (shipped out the back door of the authentic facility, instead of the front) and wanting the stickers to finish the look. Then how are they going to maintain the 300% profit margin?
I was willing to pay the difference bettween what i paid so far and the full kit price. No way i was going to return what i bought to 3 places and pay return shipping and restocking fees of a couple grand just to buy a "full kit"

OP
OP
00Smurf

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think you could at least get the graphics package if not the badges. They should be offered with all the other parts. My two cents.
You would think.

OP
OP
00Smurf

00Smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RTR is an 'extraction' business. Or is the more PC term 'brand maximization'? I guess they think they are the iPhone of Mustang stick-ons.
DINAN with BMW does it right. Each part is assigned a point value. After you have so many points you can claim the badge and/stage certification.
Sponsored