• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What ever happened to the Ford "cracking down on" ADMs?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I don't know what all these alphabet letter plans are (I think they're employee discounts, right?) but sure, that's a fair counter point.

I personally think MSRP is fair. The consumer gets a reasonable price and the dealer makes their small profit; everyone wins. I'm not interested in haggling and arguing for hours to save a couple $1,000. Just give me the keys and let me leave already.
Yes, sorry. Those are the names for Ford's discount plans.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Dealers had fantastic year 2022 and the MSRPs are now more fictional numbers then ever. The ADMs are here to stay......they are the new variable MSRPs. 2023 will be a better year for all the dealers that get DH allocations. Look at the 2022 M1 sale price last year of this dealer. As long as customers pay for limited supply the demand will be there! DH and GT500 are boutique cars for the wealthy crowd. For the dealers they are the icing on the cake!

S650 Mustang What ever happened to the Ford "cracking down on" ADMs? Ford_dealerMach_1_advert

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Coupe- Magnetic
What ever happened to the Ford "cracking down on" ADMs?

Not sure what you are talking about. There never was any "cracking down" on ADMs. I think there is some confusion between these two things:
  • Cracking down on dealers adding ADM.
  • Talking about cracking down on dealers adding ADM.
The two are very different. Ford never did the former. They only did the latter, to pretend like they cared.

Ford doesn't give two sh!ts that dealers mark up vehicle prices. They are satisfying their customers, which are, of course, the dealers. The end consumers are NOT Ford's customers and Ford could not care less about them.

I happen to have bought a Bronco in 2022 and I had 676 days to learn that lesson. Wonderful vehicle (if you got one without quality problems), but Ford outright lied to reservation holders. Many threads on the Bronco forum if you want to read the gory details.
What Farley actually said is they can and will take action (punishment by losing future allocations, etc) with dealers who change prices that had been already agreed upon and signed by customers on any factory order. Like a Bronco buyer agreeing in writing to MSRP on their special ordered vehicle, then the dealer deciding that the selling price at delivery time is now MSRP +$10k.

Transaction prices on non-special orders are entirely up to the dealer and Ford Motor Co doesn’t control that or care to get involved- hence the ‘Suggested’ in MSRP.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
hence the ‘Suggested’ in MSRP.
and yet the 'invoice" isn't exactly a suggestion between Ford and the dealer.

The ENTIRE auto sales process is a scam of hidden kickbacks and un-truths on pricing. Why would they play word games with 'invoice' by embedding hold-back into it? The invoice in every other industry is the bloody invoice. If you remit less and you get a demand letter, lawsuit, or confiscation of assets in lieu of payment.

Sunshine and honesty. Why are these 2 terms the garlic&cross to the vampire dealers?

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Coupe- Magnetic
and yet the 'invoice" isn't exactly a suggestion between Ford and the dealer.

The ENTIRE auto sales process is a scam of hidden kickbacks and un-truths on pricing. Why would they play word games with 'invoice' by embedding hold-back into it? The invoice in every other industry is the bloody invoice. If you remit less and you get a demand letter, lawsuit, or confiscation of assets in lieu of payment.

Sunshine and honesty. Why are these 2 terms the garlic&cross to the vampire dealers?
You mistook a factual post for an excuse to make stupid arguments for things I never said.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
Dealing with Ford, and Farley through the fiasco they called the Bronco, I found that Farley is all talk and no walk. Never depend, or believe anything he says.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
You mistook a factual post for an excuse to make stupid arguments for things I never said.
relax already. I was simply riff'ing on the "suggestion" aspect and wasn't arguing any of your other perfectly valid points. When someone replies to a post it's not always to argue some counter-factual.

Last edited:

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
As long as people keep buying at the marked up prices, the dealerships are going to continue to do it. It’s all about what the market will bear.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt/cs vert
Many people who cannot afford msrp (say nothing of adm) continue to pay both and take ridiculous finance terms of 10 years, high rate, adm, add ons, fees etc and live with the upside down consequences. Until they hit layoff time they will likely not learn anything. Ford and the banks will likely regret the terms they are giving on the (mostly) depreciating assets. House of cards for sure. Good time to be out of the car market as a buyer.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Many people who cannot afford msrp (say nothing of adm) continue to pay both and take ridiculous finance terms of 10 years, high rate, adm, add ons, fees etc and live with the upside down consequences. Until they hit layoff time they will likely not learn anything. Ford and the banks will likely regret the terms they are giving on the (mostly) depreciating assets. House of cards for sure. Good time to be out of the car market as a buyer.
To clarify the bolded, Ford already has their money from the dealer (who is their customer) once a car leaves the plant.

They do make *SOME* revenue off their financing arm (Ford Credit), but it's a relatively tiny portion of the company.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt/cs vert
To clarify the bolded, Ford already has their money from the dealer (who is their customer) once a car leaves the plant.

They do make *SOME* revenue off their financing arm (Ford Credit), but it's a relatively tiny portion of the company.
Sure and I was speaking about Ford credit financing (and really gmac as well) but should have said that specifically.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV

This is simply not true. Let's clear it up before people start believing it. I remember many years in the past where automakers earned more from financing than actually building and selling cars. For Ford, 2020 was such a year. Even in 2021, when Ford made more in the "Automotive" segment, there is no way you can call $4.7B a "relatively tiny portion of the company." It's not *that* hard to read an annual report.
https://s201.q4cdn.com/693218008/files/doc_financials/2021/ar/Ford-2021-Annual-Report.pdf

S650 Mustang What ever happened to the Ford "cracking down on" ADMs? 1678804081741
Sponsored