• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you ordering?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
GT, 6-sp manual, MagneRide, and preferably with a colour-matched rear wing spoiler.
Undecided on colour, but my short list is between Oxford White and Rapid Red.

I may regret not going for Yellow Splash as soon as I see one in the flesh.

If we get Space Grey as an interior option, then Oxford White.

Because we'll already be over the expected 23-24 LCT threshold, anything else will be after market.

This is going to be a painfully looooong wait for my first pony.
Eagerly awaiting official news, because all the unsubstantiated rumors and pissing competitions on fordforums.com.au became incredibly tedious.
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I am waiting on official Pricing & Specs (Due Q2 - sometime in the next 3 months), however probably not going for a Dark Horse, just a humble GT Auto in Atlas Blue or White. This will be Mustang GT #3, and I am not in a hurry to get the first batch.

Last edited:

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
I got a call yesterday from the dealer, who said Ford Australia have asked them to go through their orders and ask:
  • Dark Horse or not
  • Manual / Auto
  • Colour
He was at pains to point out it’s still just an “expression of interest” and nothing is firm. Sounded like they’re trying to get some data to inform what they order from Ford US in the first batch?

This will be my first Ford so I don’t know the dealer or anything. Presume that puts me down the queue so who knows if I’ll get a car. I ordered Sept ‘22.

JohnnyRingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ranger XLT
Have two orders for DH at two different dealerships. Hopefully one of the comes through with the goods.

Option 1
- Dark Horse, Blue Ember, Manual, Appearance Pack, Handling Pack & Recaro's

Option 2
- GT, Manual, Rapid Red or Grabber Blue, Peformance Pack, Active Exhaust, Appearance Pack, Magnaride, Recaro's
Changed my order after seeing the Blue Ember DH in daylight. Just didn’t do anything for me. Changed to Grabber Blue with Recaro’s and dealer fitted Handling Pack rear spoiler. Dealer has said should have NSC number shortly as they pretty much guaranteed me one from their allotment of 6 DH’s (if they’re being honest). Currently looking at spring and whee/tyre options so can having it sitting how I like from day 1. Will also have dealer fit the springs so they can recalibrate the magneride ride height.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a change of atmosphere - yeah, I'd consider Ford Perfoamcen lowered springs for my DH - but not straight away, might give it a few months.

Plus - cars are personal things - couldn't care less what the next bloke/chick does with their ones, its their money, their choices.
Yes, that's what I will probably do, try and drive it first for a couple of months, including for clearance on my driveway (lol), and then go with Ford Performance Springs if i choose to go that way. And yes it is a personal choice, but always prudent to try before making changes - unless it is purely for appearance.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I‘m ordering GB GT Conv to match my (soon) GB GT FB

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Rang a few dealers in Syd mid April about a DH allocation and they basically said "forget it". There's 1000 coming to the country spread over 18 months and all allocations are spoken for. Could be BS though.

Ended up putting 1k down for a GT, 6sp manual in Grabber Blue (colour TBC). I'm waiting for an options list, this will be my first Muzzie but I've red and been told that we are likely to get the US GT Premium version as our Std GT, correct me if I'm wrong.

Depending on budget and the LCT hit I'll add in the Performance package, Nite Pony, Active Exhaust and Magneride.

Got till late this year to decide, don't reckon It'll arrive till around March 24.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rang a few dealers in Syd mid April about a DH allocation and they basically said "forget it". There's 1000 coming to the country spread over 18 months and all allocations are spoken for. Could be BS though.

Ended up putting 1k down for a GT, 6sp manual in Grabber Blue (colour TBC). I'm waiting for an options list, this will be my first Muzzie but I've red and been told that we are likely to get the US GT Premium version as our Std GT, correct me if I'm wrong.

Depending on budget and the LCT hit I'll add in the Performance package, Nite Pony, Active Exhaust and Magneride.

Got till late this year to decide, don't reckon It'll arrive till around March 24.
We have been getting the Mustang GT "Premium" with the Performance Pack (well most of them) as standard, so we can probably expect a continuation of those packages.

From 2018 the Active Exhaust as been Standard Fitment in Aust', and it is not listed as an option on the MY24, so hopefully that will continue.

Although Australian MY24 Mustang Specs and Pricing are yet to be released, the Options List was released to dealers some time ago:

S650 Mustang What are you ordering? 1684744640174

I am waiting for confirmation on Pricing and Specs before any commitment to buy, so it will be interesting to see if we finally get BLIS for example. BTW we should finally get Bonnet Struts!!

Reactions: JWM

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Hi Deano. Don't mean to deflate your expectations but our Mustangs standard are pretty much the PP2 version no choice there. There is no Performance Package option here. Active exhaust will come standard as it has done on our export model. Magneride will be an option as it has been. Nite Pony, don't know what that is. Very limited options here.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention the Dark Horse, which it would seem has well and truly "bolted" in terms of getting hold of one.

Although it has extra Oil Coolers, unless you intend tracking it, It is debateable if the 14 hp performance advantage (500hp vs 486hp) warrants the extra $ especially the extra LCT and Insurance, although it will probably be a collectors item.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have been getting the Mustang GT "Premium" with the Performance Pack (well most of them) as standard, so we can probably expect a continuation of those packages.

From 2018 the Active Exhaust as been Standard Fitment in Aust', and it is not listed as an option on the MY24, so hopefully that will continue.

Although Australian MY24 Mustang Specs and Pricing are yet to be released, the Options List was released to dealers some time ago:

1684744640174.png

I am waiting for confirmation on Pricing and Specs before any commitment to buy, so it will be interesting to see if we finally get BLIS for example. BTW we should finally get Bonnet Struts!!
Thanks, the dealer didn't show me any of this, all he said was they don't know what will come std and what will be an option.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Deano. Don't mean to deflate your expectations but our Mustangs standard are pretty much the PP2 version no choice there. There is no Performance Package option here. Active exhaust will come standard as it has done on our export model. Magneride will be an option as it has been. Nite Pony, don't know what that is. Very limited options here.
Thanks, good to know, shame about the performance package but good to know active exhaust is std (Stevie confirmed this on another thread as well). Nite Pony is the US version of the AUS Black appearance package.

Reactions: PKs

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
Great info. Interesting that although not described, it refers to a "Dark Horse Appearance Pack" in the fine print as though it's something different to the regular Appearance Pack ... I'm hoping that means we get everything we've seen on the US cars - unlike the Mach 1 which came here without the wheels, front splitter, spoiler, etc that were available there.

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Great info. Interesting that although not described, it refers to a "Dark Horse Appearance Pack" in the fine print as though it's something different to the regular Appearance Pack ... I'm hoping that means we get everything we've seen on the US cars - unlike the Mach 1 which came here without the wheels, front splitter, spoiler, etc that were available there.
The differences with regards to wheels, spoiler, front splitter etc can mostly be explained by the fact that we dont get the "handling package". We wont have the option of the handling package for the Dark Horse either in Australia.
Sponsored

Reactions: JWM