• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you ordering?

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hello fellow Aussies.

I figured I'll start a thread to get the conversation going.

Tell us what you ordered, or are thinking about ordering.

I have two orders with my local dealer, both pending pricing.

First choice:
Dark Horse, 6 speed manual, Ember Blue which includes the appearance pack.

Second choice:
GT, 10speed auto, Magnaride, black pack, Atlas blue.
Sponsored

GTCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XBGT Hardtop, XB Hardtop, 2018 Mustang GT
Dark Horse Blue Ember with 10 speed automatic.

No second choice. DH or nothing.

JohnnyRingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ranger XLT
Have two orders for DH at two different dealerships. Hopefully one of the comes through with the goods.

Option 1
- Dark Horse, Blue Ember, Manual, Appearance Pack, Handling Pack & Recaro's

Option 2
- GT, Manual, Rapid Red or Grabber Blue, Peformance Pack, Active Exhaust, Appearance Pack, Magnaride, Recaro's

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Have two orders for DH at two different dealerships. Hopefully one of the comes through with the goods.

Option 1
- Dark Horse, Blue Ember, Manual, Appearance Pack, Handling Pack & Recaro's

Option 2
- GT, Manual, Rapid Red or Grabber Blue, Peformance Pack, Active Exhaust, Appearance Pack, Magnaride, Recaro's
I don't think we ever had the choice of the handling pack. US only. Let's see what we get this time around when the specs and pricing is released.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
I have my deposit in since Nov 21 (long story) so I have the 1st allocation at my dealer, havent actually discussed/ordered whether it will be a Blue Ember DH or a Atlas Blue GT it will depend on price once it is announced.

JohnnyRingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ranger XLT
I don't think we ever had the choice of the handling pack. US only. Let's see what we get this time around when the specs and pricing is released.
Hi. I am not aware of anything confirming what is or isn’t going to be available in Australia. If there is something it would be great if you could direct me to it. As the DH is being advertised as a track capable car, makes no sense to not have the Handling Pack available to me. I live right next door to Lakeside Raceway so my main reason for the DH purchase is a road registered track day car.

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hi. I am not aware of anything confirming what is or isn’t going to be available in Australia. If there is something it would be great if you could direct me to it. As the DH is being advertised as a track capable car, makes no sense to not have the Handling Pack available to me. I live right next door to Lakeside Raceway so my main reason for the DH purchase is a road registered track day car.
For the S550 Mach1, the handling pack was available in the US, but not in Australia. We didn't get it. The car is still awesome even without it and if you really want it, you can get to the same point with aftermarket accessories. It's wider wheels, bigger sway bar etc.

I don't know for sure that we won't get it this time, but it sure wasn't mentioned on the current correspondence that was sent to dealers
S650 Mustang What are you ordering? Screenshot_2023-03-29-15-12-40-57_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
As far as we know so far the appearance pack is the only option for the DH in Oz is that correct?

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
As far as we know so far the appearance pack is the only option for the DH in Oz is that correct?
My understanding is that the appearance pack and Recaro seats are the two options. Obviously transmission choice as well.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
I ordered an Ember Blue Dark Horse w/ appearance pack and Recaros.

Had my deposit down since August but am 10th in the queue at my dealer so not confident I will get one.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
10th, which dealer out of interest...

The dealers should be getting some idea of allocations in May/June is my best guess.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
10th, which dealer out of interest...

The dealers should be getting some idea of allocations in May/June is my best guess.
Newcastle.

Noting folks have been getting allocation confirmation emails from Ford Australia I was hoping to find out sooner than that but I suspect my dealer is waiting for price confirmation before passing on allocation details.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
What?
Ford Australia confirmation email...hmm. Got zilch, put an order in September.
Yeah I'm not aware of any Ford Australia confirmation emails either...considering you cant order 1 in Oz yet.

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Yeah I'm not aware of any Ford Australia confirmation emails either...considering you cant order 1 in Oz yet.
Dealers were asked to submit their orders to Ford Australia in January. Some of those who were in early have received confirmation of allocation but don't have a build date yet.

Those that have received confirmation seem to be pretty close to their dealers so I suspect some dealers have confirmation of allocation but haven't passed it on to customers as they don't have pricing.
Sponsored