• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you ordering?

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
The differences with regards to wheels, spoiler, front splitter etc can mostly be explained by the fact that we dont get the "handling package". We wont have the option of the handling package for the Dark Horse either in Australia.
Ah, right, that makes sense it's something else altogether ... Not to be negative but if that's the case, I know of at least one cancelled DH order that will be available, for the same reason I didn't get a Mach 1. It doesn't look "finished" to me without it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Ah, right, that's what that all fell under ... Well if that's the case, I know of at least one cancelled DH order that will be available...
I still like it enough to keep my order , pricing pending of course.

Here is a video where you can see the differences between the base Dark Horse (which we will get) and the Dark Horse with the handling package. Note the wider wheels, although the wheels have the same design, bigger splitter and different wing. Its a $4500 USD option.

If you really want some of those things, I'm sure the aftermarket will sort most of it.

Reactions: JWM

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
Here is a video where you can see the differences between the base Dark Horse (which we will get) and the Dark Horse with the handling package. Note the wider wheels, although the wheels have the same design, bigger splitter and different wing. Its a $4500 USD option.
Ah, interesting, I see what you mean after watching that, it's not as big a difference to what we missed out on here on the Mach 1…

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
GT Premium, 401a, 10r80, Night Pack, Active exhaust..... Carbonized Grey.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
While waiting on pricing and allocations I've had a lot of time to think :)

I initially ordered a Manual GT in Grabber Blue but quickly realised I don't want that colour, so I've played around with the builder on the US site and landed on either Atlas Blue, Dark Matter Grey or Carbonized Grey - all with Black pack and Magneride (to get the red Brembo's).

Hopefully we get the wheels in the pic below with the Black pack and not the std multi spoke one's.

Have decided the Recaro's won't suit me as I'll occasionally have a 10 or 12yo in the back for short rides.

I kinda like the boot lip spoiler over the raised one. Prob a good thing cause I think the raised wing is colour matched which would look weird with the black pack.

Going to roll the dice with the Getrag unit and stick with manual. I've made it 45years without owning an auto and want to keep that going as long as I can. Will give up several 10ths on a 0-100kph run but I don't really care about that.

S650 Mustang What are you ordering? 1694131884584

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet

I initially ordered a Manual GT in Grabber Blue but quickly realised I don't want that colour, so I've played around with the builder on the US site and landed on either Atlas Blue, Dark Matter Grey or Carbonized Grey - all with Black pack and Magneride (to get the red Brembo's).

Hopefully we get the wheels in the pic below with the Black pack and not the std multi spoke one's.

Have decided the Recaro's won't suit me as I'll occasionally have a 10 or 12yo in the back for short rides.

I kinda like the boot lip spoiler over the raised one. Prob a good thing cause I think the raised wing is colour matched which would look weird with the black pack.

Going to roll the dice with the Getrag unit and stick with manual. I've made it 45years without owning an auto and want to keep that going as long as I can. Will give up several 10ths on a 0-100kph run but I don't really care about that.

1694131884584.png
Pretty similar to my GT order. I have a GT and a DH on order both pending pricing.

My GT order is Atlas blue with manual, black accent package, Magneride, no Recaros.

My DH is Blue Ember, manual, with Recaros.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I've got a Shadow Black GT - auto - magnaride on order.
I want to see exactly pricing and packages before i amend.

I had an ecoboost before so not opposed to that, as i loved the lack of weight over the front wheels, albeit nowhere near the shove the GT produces.
If i go ecoboost, which is very unlikely atm, i would go similar to the above. Maybe change to Vapor blue.
In the US the ecoboost is available with brembos and magnaride and that would have been pretty enticing as i love the handling of them and that would just put the cherry on the cake. But here it seems we get the pov pack and no options at all for the ecoboost lol.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I've got a DH manual in Grabber Blue with Recaros.
Subject to price and specifications. Ball is in Ford Au's court.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I missed out on a DH but if I could get my hands on one I would have stuck with Grabber Blue. The additional black around the lights and over the hood breaks up the blue a bit more. On a GT it's a bit too much for me.

If anyone is into stripes the colours above don't look too bad with the red stripe, it's black with a red pin stripe through it, goes well with the Brembo's. Not my thing personally but still looks ok. Here's one in Atlas blue

S650 Mustang What are you ordering? 1694154515978

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
...The additional black around the lights and over the hood breaks up the blue a bit more. On a GT it's a bit too much for me.
Agreed, and I think that applies to most colours.

This has aftermarket written all over it.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 SS torana and soon a DMG "23 GT Mustang

1694131884584.png
I think the DMG with bronze package is going to look epic .

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
If anyone is into stripes the colours above don't look too bad with the red stripe, it's black with a red pin stripe through it...

1694154515978.png
That's another thing we have no choice in, it seems.
Our Appearance Pack comes with black/grey stripes... to bad if you'd like black/red, which does look good in your example above.

S650 Mustang What are you ordering? Capture.PNG

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the appearance pack the only way to get the raised spoiler? Since Ford have done us a favour and made the bootlip panel removable, aftermarket spoilers and stripes might be the best route.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Rang a few dealers in Syd mid April about a DH allocation and they basically said "forget it". There's 1000 coming to the country spread over 18 months and all allocations are spoken for. Could be BS though.
Talking to a dealer last week he Australia only got an allocation of 700 or 750 DH's from the first round. He said they aren't numbered leaving the door open to future batches.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Talking to a dealer last week he Australia only got an allocation of 700 or 750 DH's from the first round. He said they aren't numbered leaving the door open to future batches.
First Round of Dealer Allocations (Aug-Sep)

Total GT Fastback 722
Total Dark Horse 600
Sponsored