• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
Sorry to see that! Ditto on Glad everyone is ok …
Sponsored

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Glad everyone is okay. That certainly sucks!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
That hurts. Rarely is an accident blameless so some states have stopped calling them accidents. Not pointing fingers because I don't know but the first person to the intersection normally has the right of way. If both reach the intersection at the same time, the one going straight has the right of way. Now if you live in a no fault state, it's nobodies fault and everybody's insurance rates go up.
I don't feel the right of way is worth fighting over and probably make the person behind me mad for being so slow.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Thanks guys, yeah everyone's okay on both sides. Just a bad situation all the way around, no one really at fault.
I'm sorry man, that sucks. It feels like this time of year is cursed for some many people 😭. Bad things always seem to happen around Christmas.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
Pre-collision alerted you? tried to at least help you?
i swear that crap is not working on the S650 as it was on the S550...
S650 Mustang Well this was a short run... GT Totaled 20231103_135059

My pre collision didn't earn me at all in my 550 but to be fair my accident happened ridiculously quick

Suv in front of me changed lanes so suddenly I thought it was going to flip over revealing a stopped car in the road. Had no where to go but to hit my brakes or take a blind swerve into oncoming traffic since there was a truck next to me and hope for the best..

Turns out you need more than 3 seconds to stop from 40 to 0

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
20231103_135059.jpg

My pre collision didn't earn me at all in my 550 but to be fair my accident happened ridiculously quick

Suv in front of me changed lanes so suddenly I thought it was going to flip over revealing a stopped car in the road. Had no where to go but to hit my brakes or take a blind swerve into oncoming traffic since there was a truck next to me and hope for the best..

Turns out you need more than 3 seconds to stop from 40 to 0
Wow, sorry to hear that! My 2020 mustang saved me a few times! But this 2024...I have not heard an alert yet...

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Nope absolutely nothing. I didn't even know what happened. I start making my left and then suddenly my air bags deployed. And I'm just sitting there trying process what happened.
Well, glad you are ok. I feel that the pre-collsion system is not working as expected in this 2024....

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Pre-collision alerted you? tried to at least help you?
i swear that crap is not working on the S650 as it was on the S550...
Unlikely to help as was probably not moving waiting to turn and then only creeping forward. Sounds like the other car hit him.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is so sad to see and I am really glad you’re ok. But I have to ask, you sustained a significant amount of damage from two cars at a stop sign. How does that happen?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Well, glad you are ok. I feel that the pre-collsion system is not working as expected in this 2024....
Why would it be any different? It’s either working or it’s not. If you feel there is an issue bring it to your dealer and have them check it out .

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
This is so sad to see and I am really glad you’re ok. But I have to ask, you sustained a significant amount of damage from two cars at a stop sign. How does that happen?
I was trying to work that out as well. The cars are supposed to be able to take a 5mph collision front and back with minimal or no damage. I would expect the airbags to inflate at a much higher speed. The collision was pretty even suggesting a 4 lane road allowing the car to get farther around the turn and pick up more speed. it wasn't a California stop because the op indicated he had to wait for the intersection to clear. Maybe because the other car was moving it tore the front protection which may be designed for a head on collision.
Sponsored