• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well.. not accepting delivery πŸ˜”

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Well after waiting nearly 5 months after placing my order it's very unfortunate but I'm not accepting delivery of Vapor blue Fully loaded GT. Unfortunately there were crazy panel gap misalignments on the front hood as well as a chip in the front fender. On the rear fenders you could literally push the panel in and watch it pop back out. The dealership tried to use a touch-up pen to fix it but was unwilling to do anything else. Of course the touch-up pin was able to remove the visual issue but there was no clear coat over the top of it so I'm sure I would have issues down the line. @Ford Motor Company I would have expected so much from your quality control. I have been a huge mustang fan, have owned 5 prior stages and this was going to be the 6th. πŸ˜”
S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery πŸ˜” 1000039429

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery πŸ˜” 1000039428

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery πŸ˜” 1000039430
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
That gap is insane! Even moving the hood over a little towards the passenger side isn't going to fix it. Looks worse than the first Tesla models, and they were horrid. I've seen enough "how we build it" car shows to know that upon final inspection in QC, a white gloved technician uses a plastic feeler gauge to check the gaps and if they don't meet spec, the car goes back to assembly. My standard is to look at high end cars like BMW where for the most part, the gaps are even and very small ! A rodent could squeeze through the one on the car you posted .IMO you did the correct thing.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
That gap is insane! Even moving the hood over a little towards the passenger side isn't going to fix it. Looks worse than the first Tesla models, and they were horrid. I've seen enough "how we build it" car shows to know that upon final inspection in QC, a white gloved technician uses a plastic feeler gauge to check the gaps and if they don't meet spec, the car goes back to assembly. My standard is to look at high end cars like BMW where for the most part, the gaps are even and very small ! A rodent could squeeze through the one on the car you posted .IMO you did the correct thing.
Thanks, it was extremely difficult to walk away

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Thanks, it was extremely difficult to walk away
I'll bet!
I too would have a tough time but being OCD the defects would drive me crazy so it's not worth it. Cars are appearing on dealer lots so why not head out and see what's around?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
That sucks! I would walk away too. That gap would drive me crazy! So are you ordering another?

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
That sucks! I would walk away too. That gap would drive me crazy! So are you ordering another?
That's pretty much the only thing they said I could do...I need to sleep on it lol.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I'll bet!
I too would have a tough time but being OCD the defects would drive me crazy so it's not worth it. Cars are appearing on dealer lots so why not head out and see what's around?
What are the odds I would find my exact build out there. Vapor blue, GT performance pack, 401 A , nite pony, magna ride, and active exhaust

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
What are the odds I would find my exact build out there. Vapor blue, GT performance pack, 401 A , nite pony, magna ride, and active exhaust
I just came across 1 on CarGurus that's pretty darn close to your build, if not an exact match. Perhaps the only compromise will be Recaro seats.

Gotta travel to OH for it though (assuming it's not a special order reserved for someone else).

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2024-Ford-Mustang-c32521#listing=365604124/NONE/DEFAULT

https://www.fairwayfordohio.com/new...field-OH-4e7d05ab0a0e0a91266c491edf39b4c9.htm

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Ridiculous-you were right to walk away. These cars are 45K+ now. Inexcusable. And these workers want how much for raises...pensions, 4 day work weeks?! GTFOH. My 14K Nissan Versa beater car has better QC than this...not even kidding. Compared to my wife's Kia Telluride...they are not even in the same universe. That Telluride is every bit as impressive as any high end luxury vehicle I have ever seen.
After the #$%^show QC on my 2016 GT, I went over my Mach 1 pretty meticulously...thankfully it is pretty damn good.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ridiculous-you were right to walk away. These cars are 45K+ now. Inexcusable. And these workers want how much for raises...pensions, 4 day work weeks?! GTFOH. My 14K Nissan Versa beater car has better QC than this...not even kidding. Compared to my wife's Kia Telluride...they are not even in the same universe. That Telluride is every bit as impressive as any high end luxury vehicle I have ever seen.
After the #$%^show QC on my 2016 GT, I went over my Mach 1 pretty meticulously...thankfully it is pretty damn good.
That's exactly how I feel. There is no way that passed any kind of quality check. Maybe I am too picky but damn if Ford wants to sell a 60k mustang GT they better step it up. I really hope that others reject their orders just the same as I did if there are quality control issues. Don't put up with this garbage

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That's exactly how I feel. There is no way that passed any kind of quality check. Maybe I am too picky but damn if Ford wants to sell a 60k mustang GT they better step it up. I really hope that others reject their orders just the same as I did if there are quality control issues. Don't put up with this garbage
my guy at this dealership called me tuesday about this one. customer backed out. car was 30 minutes away when he called. don't think it's sold yet, and didn't sound like they were trying to mark it up. MS isn't too bad a drive depending where you are in FL

Vapor Blue, 401a, 6M, Nite Pony, PP, AVE, Magneride, Grabber Blue Calipers

https://astroford.com/sale/ford-mus...024-ford-mustang-gt-premium-1fa6p8cf6r5405564

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
my guy at this dealership called me tuesday about this one. customer backed out. car was 30 minutes away when he called. don't think it's sold yet, and didn't sound like they were trying to mark it up. MS isn't too bad a drive depending where you are in FL

Vapor Blue, 401a, 6M, Nite Pony, PP, AVE, Magneride, Grabber Blue Calipers

https://astroford.com/sale/ford-mus...024-ford-mustang-gt-premium-1fa6p8cf6r5405564
That is basically my car except I had red calipers. Snapped a photo of it before I walked away....

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery πŸ˜” 1000039351

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That is basically my car except I had red calipers. Snapped a photo of it before I walked away....

1000039351.jpg
I just texted him to see if they sold it

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So the dealer refused to send it to their Bodyshop, and have them at least attempt to correct that hood gap?

You can buy touch up clear coat...to cover that chip repair.
Sponsored