• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
20x11 with a 305 tire is the same height as my GT wheels.
Your 315/35/20 tires are 28.7ā€ tall. 305/30/20 are 27.2ā€. Stock 255/40/19 are 27ā€ tall. With those aggressive lowering springs thatā€™s why youā€™re rubbing.
again, thereā€™s tons of people running 20x11 on this forum and Mustang6G. I feel like adjusting your camber properly and running a 305 will be damn flush. Iā€™ve done far too many hours of research on Mustang6G and Iā€™m just trying to save you the time of doing the same
@Project6GR Wheels has multiple threads showing the fitment of their wheels which are the same offset as the HREā€™s unless Iā€™m mistaken but a quick search shows theyā€™re the same offset.
Iā€™m not rubbing.

Your tire heights are wrong. Iā€™m running 30ā€™s, not 35ā€™s. They are .2ā€ taller than stock.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
Sure thing!

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit 20240109_201858

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit 20240109_202727

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit 20240109_202802

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that looks perfect to me. Whatā€™s the setup?
Wheels are 10" wide ET35 (f), 11" wide ET50 (r);
tires 275/35 (f), 305/30 (r)

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wheels are 10" wide ET35 (f), 11" wide ET50 (r);
tires 275/35 (f), 305/30 (r)
ā€˜whatā€™s your rear camber? It looks great. I wonder if my wheels are the wrong offset. Youā€™re not running anywhere near as much camber as I am and it looks perfect to me. Maybe itā€™s my car?

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜whatā€™s your rear camber? It looks great. I wonder if my wheels are the wrong offset. Youā€™re not running anywhere near as much camber as I am and it looks perfect to me. Maybe itā€™s my car?
I've made no suspension modifications. The camber is at factory settings. Glad you like you it, I think it looks good. Honestly, there is just a touch of poke.

I don't believe it's possible for your offset to be wrong. Unless I'm mistaken, HRE only has one offset option (front and rear) for 20" wheels that fit this car.

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've made no suspension modifications. The camber is at factory settings. Glad you like you it, I think it looks good. Honestly, there is just a touch of poke.
ā€˜I donā€™t see any poke. I hate any poke. About as much as I hate too much negative camber. Lol

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
This is definitely a you problem and not an HRE problem.

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is definitely a you problem and not an HRE problem.
You are right.

Itā€™s definitely my problem. Iā€™m the dumb ass who gave $4,300 to one of the venders on this site thinking the wheels would fit flush without running so much negative rear camber. They should have warned me. But thatā€™s on me.

I learned my lesson and now I know to look for a 53ET rear wheel. I just hope others will read this and know what they are buying before spending $4,300. If they are fine with poke, go for it. If they are fine with the look and performance of -2.7 rear camber, go for it. But if they expect a flush fit without changing the factory camber, they shouldnā€™t buy these rear wheels.

As for me, itā€™s not a big deal in the long run. Iā€™ll just buy some other wheels when I figure out what will fit properly and sell these to the first person who gives me a couple of bucks and move on. Itā€™s not about the money to me. Itā€™s about the time Iā€™ve spent doing an alignment, emailing Vibe asking for help with a solution, and mounting tires. Iā€™ve spent 3 days doing the wheels/tires and two alignments.

There is no doubt many people will be fine running 50ET rear offset. Look how many people run 25mm spacers and like the poke. I absolutely, positively HATE any poke. It looks cheap to me. You donā€™t see any nice car come from the factory with ā€œpokeā€. As for running aggressive negative camber, itā€™s better than poke. But I still donā€™t like that slammed look. Iā€™d rather have a flush look. But thatā€™s just me. Again, people like different things. Thatā€™s why these cars are fun to mod.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Well I ordered hre ff10 when I get them in I plan on doing 315/35/20 rear and 265/35/20 fronts. Whenever that happens Iā€™ll update. Just got a bunch of snow so probably not anytime soon lol
Sponsored