• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I want to let S650 owners about buying HRE wheels. I purchased a set of FF10’s from Vibe Motorsports. They offer a 20x10 ET35 and 20x11 ET50 setup for the new Mustang’s.

The offset for the front is fine with the factory alignment specs. The rear however are a problem for me. With the factory alignment, the wheels/tires stuck out beyond the fenders. With an alignment the wheels can be flush with the fender so they don’t rub, but the negative camber is pretty agreesive. I’m running -2.7 degrees.

I want to say that I realize many owners are fine with “poke”, but I’m not one of them. I also realize that there may be owners who don’t mind the leaned-in negative camber look. Again, I’m not one of those people. I like my wheels/tires to sit flush or a little tucked in and normal looking camber. If you’re an owner who is fit with the wheels sticking out or running a lot of negative camber, you’ll be happy with the way the HRE’s look. They are very well made. But if you’re like me and want a flush, factory look, you should do some deep thinking before pulling the trigger.

My car is a GT with the performance pack. The HRE 11” 50ET rear wheels stick out an extra 21mm from the stock PP 9.5” wide 52.5ET wheel. This seemed like it would be fine since many owners are running 20mm or even 25mm spacers, so I placed my order not really worrying about the fit. But on my car, the extra width stuck out of the fender by about an .65 inches with the stock alignment.

I’m running 315’s in the back. Vibe is telling me to run 305’s. That would be just .2” less on each side, so I don’t think that would matter.

By the way, Ford uses 11” wide wheels on the Dark Horse pp and the offset is 52.5ET. I believe that HRE should be making wheels in 52.5 to 53ET to make these wheel fit better. But HRE’s a big company and they don’t agree. They are using the S550 setup, but I think the S650 is just a tiny different.

Anyway, if you’re buying wheels, do your research. You might be happy with the poke or the tilted in alignment specs. I’m not a happy customer. But HRE and Vibe won’t do anything.

Here’s some pics for reference. The first picture is of my S650 with a straight edge to see the -2.7 camber. The car in the right is a corvette C7 with factory camber.

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit IMG_0145

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit IMG_0144
Sponsored

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Here’s the side by side with my car and my corvette.

S650 Mustang Warning about HRE wheels and how they fit IMG_5842

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
what degree does bad tire wear happen at. I ran -2° of camber on my s550 and didn’t have any issues

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I believe that Project 6GR runs the same offset and they are fine.
A couple questions first so everyone is on the same page.
What's up with the camber, I'm assuming you're lowered? What lowering springs are you running. You obviously need some camber plates.
What size tires are you running, 315/35 or 315/30?
Where are they rubbing? Pics?

I'll wait for the answers but honestly looks like there's no poke and you just need to adjust camber....

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Also, you're talking about .2" not making a difference but are saying you think the offset should be 2.5MM different.
.2" is a 5MM difference so Vibe is correct in what they are telling you.
305 is generally what people run on 11" wide

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I believe that Project 6GR runs the same offset and they are fine.
A couple questions first so everyone is on the same page.
What's up with the camber, I'm assuming you're lowered? What lowering springs are you running. You obviously need some camber plates.
What size tires are you running, 315/35 or 315/30?
Where are they rubbing? Pics?

I'll wait for the answers but honestly looks like there's no poke and you just need to adjust camber....
I’m running Steeda springs for the magnitude. It’s lowered about 0.8 inches. The front has camber plates, and the alignment in front is within factor specs. It’s -1.1 and in front, no rubbing.

The rear can be adjusted anywhere from positive 1 to negative 4.5. It should be set at about -1.2 to look right FOR ME. I had to go to -2.7 rear camber and I just hate the tilted in look.

There is no poke in the pictures I posted because I did the alignment. I’ve seen plenty of cars on this site with poke and I hate that look. But if you like that look, that’s all that matters. It’s just not for me.

I just wanted to warn those buying wheels to do your own research and use my experience with the HRE’s as a reference. It’s a big investment to end up with a look you hate.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Also, you're talking about .2" not making a difference but are saying you think the offset should be 2.5MM different.
.2" is a 5MM difference so Vibe is correct in what they are telling you.
305 is generally what people run on 11" wide
305/30-20 would be 0.5” shorter. The 315/30-20 is closer to stock height.

My tires are pretty flush with the wheels so less tire wouldn’t help. The wheels themselves stick out. It’s not the tires.

I’m not here to support what everyone else thinks or likes. I’m just posting what I know to be a fact about my car, my setup and the wheels I bought. People can make their own decisions. It won’t affect me.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Going with a 20x11 is aggressive, I am not surprised you needed that much camber to tuck them in. It really makes no sense to go 11" and shrink the tire size down. Needlessly introducing more rotational weight, to fit a wider wheel when you can run the same tire on a 10.5".

Thanks for the heads up on the fitment, I think i'll stick to 10.5" for the rears.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Going with a 20x11 is aggressive, I am not surprised you needed that much camber to tuck them in. It really makes no sense to go 11" and shrink the tire size down. Needlessly introducing more rotational weight, to fit a wider wheel when you can run the same tire on a 10.5".

Thanks for the heads up on the fitment, I think i'll stick to 10.5" for the rears.

20x11 is not really that aggressive and is kind of the norm for many manufactures that sell wheels for the Mustang. I have ran 20x11's and didn't need that aggressive of rear camber.
There are manufactures showcasing 20x11's here without that much rear camber too!
I'm pretty sure Velgen's run a 52 offset.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
20x11 is not really that aggressive and is kind of the norm for many manufactures that sell wheels for the Mustang. I have ran 20x11's and didn't need that aggressive of rear camber.
There are manufactures showcasing 20x11's here without that much rear camber too!
That might be the case, but what are the benefits of an 11" wheel when you are going 315 max on the tire. You can put that tire on a 10.5" wheel no problem.

Project6GR Wheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I want to let S650 owners about buying HRE wheels. I purchased a set of FF10’s from Vibe Motorsports. They offer a 20x10 ET35 and 20x11 ET50 setup for the new Mustang’s.

The offset for the front is fine with the factory alignment specs. The rear however are a problem for me. With the factory alignment, the wheels/tires stuck out beyond the fenders. With an alignment the wheels can be flush with the fender so they don’t rub, but the negative camber is pretty agreesive. I’m running -2.7 degrees.

I want to say that I realize many owners are fine with “poke”, but I’m not one of them. I also realize that there may be owners who don’t mind the leaned-in negative camber look. Again, I’m not one of those people. I like my wheels/tires to sit flush or a little tucked in and normal looking camber. If you’re an owner who is fit with the wheels sticking out or running a lot of negative camber, you’ll be happy with the way the HRE’s look. They are very well made. But if you’re like me and want a flush, factory look, you should do some deep thinking before pulling the trigger.

My car is a GT with the performance pack. The HRE 11” 50ET rear wheels stick out an extra 21mm from the stock PP 9.5” wide 52.5ET wheel. This seemed like it would be fine since many owners are running 20mm or even 25mm spacers, so I placed my order not really worrying about the fit. But on my car, the extra width stuck out of the fender by about an .65 inches with the stock alignment.

I’m running 315’s in the back. Vibe is telling me to run 305’s. That would be just .2” less on each side, so I don’t think that would matter.

By the way, Ford uses 11” wide wheels on the Dark Horse pp and the offset is 52.5ET. I believe that HRE should be making wheels in 52.5 to 53ET to make these wheel fit better. But HRE’s a big company and they don’t agree. They are using the S550 setup, but I think the S650 is just a tiny different.

Anyway, if you’re buying wheels, do your research. You might be happy with the poke or the tilted in alignment specs. I’m not a happy customer. But HRE and Vibe won’t do anything.

Here’s some pics for reference. The first picture is of my S650 with a straight edge to see the -2.7 camber. The car in the right is a corvette C7 with factory camber.

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg
We are sorry to hear the trouble you are going through ! Feel free to let us know if any fitment questions we will take care of you 😎

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Benefit is not all wheels come in a 10.5". Just about most sponsors and people here run 20x11's in the rear with 315's as a 11" rim is recommended a lot more then a 10.5 from what I have seen. I actually have never seen anyone recommend a 10.5" wheel until now.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I run 20 x 11 wheels with 50 offset and 305/30 - 20 tires... when I first installed them I had one side flush and the other side was poking out a bit. I had an alignment done and the one side that was flush was at 1.7° camber and the other (poking out a bit) was at 1.1°. Had the guy set the other side to match the 1.7° as the specs say 1.5° in the rear, with a wide margin from there. So at 1.7° my 305/30s are flush.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
20x11 with a 305 tire is the same height as my GT wheels.
Your 315/35/20 tires are 28.7” tall. 305/30/20 are 27.2”. Stock 255/40/19 are 27” tall. With those aggressive lowering springs that’s why you’re rubbing.
again, there’s tons of people running 20x11 on this forum and Mustang6G. I feel like adjusting your camber properly and running a 305 will be damn flush. I’ve done far too many hours of research on Mustang6G and I’m just trying to save you the time of doing the same
@Project6GR Wheels has multiple threads showing the fitment of their wheels which are the same offset as the HRE’s unless I’m mistaken but a quick search shows they’re the same offset.
Sponsored