• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wait for S650 2023MY?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Hm, I really like the Mach 1, but demanding about 20k€ more than a regular GT
It was 12k€ here in CZ (compared to Magneride equipped GT with heated seats, nav, B&O). With better looks and full warranty on everything (and ECU tuning will get back the lost HPs and won't void warranty). It really was a no brainer for me, what's a few more monthly paychecks in the end?

My fears with S650 were two - it'll look worse to me (and big grille is first dead giveaway) and it might not even be sold in Europe given how close Euro 7 norm is getting. Glad I did get 2021 when Velocity Blue is no more an option for 2022. Colour is important to me too :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sounds like you’re already having buyer’s remorse lol. If you’re set on getting something now, I’d pick something cheap. Current values are naturally going to drop quite a bit.

OP
OP

MoosetangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sounds like you’re already having buyer’s remorse lol. If you’re set on getting something now, I’d pick something cheap. Current values are naturally going to drop quite a bit.
Haha yeah but it seems like production is likely to start at March 2023 at the earliest which is very unfortunate since I really cannot wait that long w/o a car. Going to make a decision within the month and stick with it no regrets!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have yet to get bored with the current Mustangs interior. Every time I get into my 2020 Mustang HPP Ecoboost , I think about how perfect the Ford engineers made the interior. I can not imagine a nicer interior. I am looking to buy a 2022 Mustang before 2023. If the 2023 Mustang is better in many ways than the 2022 , I can always buy a 2023. No reason to wait for a 2023 Mustang.

tilster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hi, my first post. Glad to meet you all. I have been a Mustang fan most of my life, starting with my father’s ’68 coupe.

Not sure my answer will help, but I finally bought a ‘21 GT Premium. It was made in June, but I took delivery a couple of days before Christmas. The car surprisingly had no test drives, not even by me.

My reasons for purchasing a 2021:
1. The ‘23 MY will likely share a platform with another vehicle. So, the S550 will be the last dedicated Mustang platform. Remember, Ford is doing away with cars, even though they plan to keep the Mustang going, it is rumoured to share an SUV platform. The Explorer is my guess since it has the Mustang Ecoboost motor available to it now.
2. The ‘22 MY V8s are confirmed to lose 10 HP and 10 lb. ft. of torque for emission restrictions. Even though you can probably rectify this, I am not sure hurting the warranty is worth it. I thought about a custom order but was worried about delivery too.
3. If Ford sells common cars with too much HP, they will lose sales due to insurance. I doubt highly the ‘23 MY will have a large bump In power. But, I can see Ford getting torque up while keeping horsepower lower to sort of fool the insurance. You do this with turbos, but we will have to see.
4. Based on 1. above, I believe the ‘22 MY will fetch much higher dollars at an auction than a ‘23 in the future simply because it will always be a true muscle car, and the last year of Ford ”cars.”

You don’t have to take my word for it, who really knows after all? But, I have been around Mustangs for decades, and the ‘21 was right for me. Cheers.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Welcome......and congrats on the new car.

Just for reference, S650 will not be using the SUV (CD6) architecture, but will be a heavily updated version of the current car. This change in approach occurred a few years back but, unfortunately, many news outlets are still reporting old news.

No guarantees, but I'd be surprised if the Coyote in S650 is less powerful.

tilster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Paul, I hope you are right but from what I have seen, the S650 will share some of the CD6 parts at the very least, we just don’t know how far this goes. We also know from spy photos that they tested dual rear calipers which is used in AWD systems. As well, the 10 speed auto was designed to also work with hybrid motors.

I also don’t know about elsewhere, but gas prices here in Canada are going through the roof. Some of it has to do with Canada’s commitment to climate change so we now pay a huge carbon tax. I know… don’t get me started… lol :) Based on this, I also cannot foresee the mentioned 6.8 litre happening here, or anything with more HP and gas consumption. ( Off topic; if the Ecoboost HPP were a cheaper option, I think I would have given in and used it as a daily… It does not sound bad to me and is a beautiful piece of engineering. )

Difficult to tell now, true, but in my mind, the AWD and related increases the chances of the S550 V8 worth keeping as a collectible, due to its true RWD muscle car characteristics.

Last edited:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium w/PP, 401A, A10, Magna Ride, AWE Touring Exhaust, Edelbrock Stage 2 Supercharger.
Vodoo is gone forever. The next Performance Stang will be a Coyote Based Boss 302…version.
Sponsored