• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Long wait

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
After reading several of these "Long Wait" stories, it looks like I may be in for a Long Wait as well. Dealer told me about 3 months.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
You have captured exactly the reason people want to move to southern California in your top picture. Palm trees and weather mild enough that you can leave the top down on the convertible much of the year, mountains that are sometime snow covered but make beautiful scenery all year around. You might find a view similar to that in the Phoenix area but the temperature swings will keep you wanting that top up more.
Anaheim 1976-2011.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
My original order for a GT was placed 3/30. Car still isn't built. Thank goodness I cancelled it (dealer left the order in so I can still track it). I ordered from another dealer and have my custom ordered car already. Of course YMMV.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My original order for a GT was placed 3/30. Car still isn't built. Thank goodness I cancelled it (dealer left the order in so I can still track it). I ordered from another dealer and have my custom ordered car already. Of course YMMV.
Most interesting! What was different between dealers? Priority Code? Something else?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Most interesting! What was different between dealers? Priority Code? Something else?
Priority code doesn't mean anything. You need to confirm with your dealer that they had an allocation when they placed your order, otherwise it will be a long wait.
Me, first order 4/27 Priority 10, still unscheduled, turns out they had no allocation. Found a dealer with allocation, order 6/27 priority 19, built 12/7

This order process is not for the impatient for sure, why not check out dealerships, I see a lot of dealer stock out there with very similar specs as yours. Autotrader or Cars.com, might even get a better deal right now.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Allocation. Going from a dealer that had none to one that had 8 made all the difference.

OP
OP

Tom Maioli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5. GMC Canyon diesel
I I’ve in So-Cal. Took the Ecoboost convertable for a gas mileage run. Set the cruise at 65mph and drove 40+ frwy miles. Check out the mpg.

S650 Mustang Long wait IMG_1847

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I I’ve in So-Cal. Took the Ecoboost convertable for a gas mileage run. Set the cruise at 65mph and drove 40+ frwy miles. Check out the mpg.
That engine is still a little tight. Try it again after about 1,000 miles and you will probably do a little better. I know the milage on my first tank was pretty crummy but it's getting better and I still am under 900 miles on the car.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Allocation. Going from a dealer that had none to one that had 8 made all the difference.
I have emailed the dealer regarding the allocation question.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received a reply from the dealer. Plenty allocations for the GT.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was without a car, and needed to buy one in a reasonable timeframe. I wanted a base model black Mustang GT, standard transmission, 38" tires, spoiler. After being told it takes 3-4 months to build one, I kept calling local dealerships with the quote from the first dealership, then the 2nd dealership to beat the price of the first one, etc, until one dealership said they had the same exact car as I wanted, only in Dark Matter Gray, low-profile spoiler, off-white interior. I said, ok, screw it, then put a down payment and just bought it. Ultimately I think I made the right decision, as the gray color will not result in my car being as hot as an oven during the summer months. So I guess if you really really want something specific, you can order and wait. Otherwise I recommend calling dealerships in the 50-60 mile radius. Often cars can just turn up when somebody doesn't want to buy the car anymore or something like that. I would have been without a car for 4 months, and I didn't want to buy something else instead, like a Toyota Corolla. :)

PS, there's a Costco discount that some dealerships can offer you, who knew?

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I was without a car, and needed to buy one in a reasonable timeframe. I wanted a base model black Mustang GT, standard transmission, 38" tires, spoiler. After being told it takes 3-4 months to build one, I kept calling local dealerships with the quote from the first dealership, then the 2nd dealership to beat the price of the first one, etc, until one dealership said they had the same exact car as I wanted, only in Dark Matter Gray, low-profile spoiler, off-white interior. I said, ok, screw it, then put a down payment and just bought it. Ultimately I think I made the right decision, as the gray color will not result in my car being as hot as an oven during the summer months. So I guess if you really really want something specific, you can order and wait. Otherwise I recommend calling dealerships in the 50-60 mile radius. Often cars can just turn up when somebody doesn't want to buy the car anymore or something like that. I would have been without a car for 4 months, and I didn't want to buy something else instead, like a Toyota Corolla. :)

PS, there's a Costco discount that some dealerships can offer you, who knew?
38" tires? That's a lot of tire on a mustang
Sponsored