• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UK/AUS RHD Manual Trans

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Hi all,

My apologies if this topic has been posted already but I can't find or know what to put in the search column for this question. For those who have or had the MT, is the cup holder in the way during shifting ? Is the wrist hitting the edges or your drink bottles etc ? Contemplating if I should get a MT or AT on my order and when I see the position of those cup holders not reversed for RHD configuration got me little disinterested.
Sponsored

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
It's been discussed in another thread on here, can't remember which one.

For some its a deal breaker for others its not.

Guess it depends on whether you want to spend circa $2k on an auto to make the problem go away.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I was wondering the same thing, but the topic didn't get much response at all.
It's either not a problem or most people here are getting an auto and couldn't care less about our ergonomics dilemma!

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/centre-console-cup-holders-have-moved-inwards.157487/

Stangmode made the comment that the cup holders had shifted to the right a bit, which optimises things for LHD vehicles, but makes it slightly worse for us.

I want the engagement of a manual one last time, as the next manually operated vehicle will be a wheel chair.
Oh wait... they're electric now as well with a dang fangled joystick.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi all,

My apologies if this topic has been posted already but I can't find or know what to put in the search column for this question. For those who have or had the MT, is the cup holder in the way during shifting ? Is the wrist hitting the edges or your drink bottles etc ? Contemplating if I should get a MT or AT on my order and when I see the position of those cup holders not reversed for RHD configuration got me little disinterested.

I have never eaten or drunk in my car. The "cup holders" make an ideal place to put other stuff like keys, phone, shopping list etc but never some can or bottle that has the potential to spill nasty fluids around. The holders have plenty of depth so that none of its contents get in the way when driving.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I have never eaten or drunk in my car. The "cup holders" make an ideal place to put other stuff like keys, phone, shopping list etc but never some can or bottle that has the potential to spill nasty fluids around. The holders have plenty of depth so that none of its contents get in the way when driving.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'll never have any food or drinks in mine. I don't even like having other smaller things lying around in the car, scratching, rattling etc. At most, my garage door remote lives in there.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
It's been discussed in another thread on here, can't remember which one.

For some its a deal breaker for others its not.

Guess it depends on whether you want to spend circa $2k on an auto to make the problem go away.
I wish the 10R80 was only $2K over the Manual. In Australia the sad fact for those of us who enjoy the F1 style Paddle shifters with lightening fast shifts, blistering seamless acceleration and the right gear ratio for every situation, it is double that, at an extra $4,095 drive Away.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad, I was taking a guess, as my sig indicates I never really looked at the auto. Looking forward to some 3rd gear lockout with the Getrag unit :D

OP
OP
Eremyjay

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Nor do I how ever I don't like having to place any item even a bottle on my side doors as its cheap plastic it easy to graze! For the time being I place bottles in a bag but the question was also for if the wrist or arm will be in contact around the edging of the cup holders as where it's placed.

OP
OP
Eremyjay

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
My bad, I was taking a guess, as my sig indicates I never really looked at the auto. Looking forward to some 3rd gear lockout with the Getrag unit :D

That's the problem is everyone who has experienced with lock out on gears will have the energy to put in negative review about it online. Those who haven't had issues need not to and why would they I mean it be nice if they did but they enjoying their ride not to haha. so I am hearing a lot of verbal answers by coffee meets non have had issues yet I won't ever know the big numbers of positives because again nobody posts positives online. So I am getting mixed reviews.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're probably right. My current car is a Honda Accord with a Civic Type R box in it that was lauded as a great unit. Guess what - it has a sticky 3rd gear as well but only at high rpm.
Sponsored