• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Haven't you fellas ever seen the S550 Aussie spec? Why be so surprised about the handbrake.

What I am surprised about is the start button - remains on the left side of the centre console...weird.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
If true (cause that is still a prototype) it would be dissapointing and certainly isnt ideal, but I wont cancel because of it. This isnt anything we didnt have in the S550.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I’m not keen on the absence of a handbrake, despite being on wrong side. I became accustomed to the handle config on the S550

I expect the start button is a pr

I love my 2017 GT and I’m actually rethinking a MY24 for a mid model refresh just like happened with the S550

I’ll wait and see the final spec and make a decision then

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
That is awful. Did Ford roll the dice to vote where to put the electric brake for the Aussies?

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
That is awful. Did Ford roll the dice to vote where to put the electric brake for the Aussies?
From 2015 until at least now, Ford have not bothered to reverse the Centre Console for the (world) RHD Market. It will be interesting to see if they finally get their act together for the MY24 Mustang - but not holding my breath!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
From 2015 until at least now, Ford have not bothered to reverse the Centre Console for the (world) RHD Market. It will be interesting to see if they finally get their act together for the MY24 Mustang - but not holding my breath!
I was disappointed when I saw the centre console in my 2016 but I got used to it.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be interesting to see if our vehicles are actually equiped with the strut tower brace and drift brake handle.

What else can Ford strip out of the US Premium variant to keep their costs down when supplying a foreign market that has a crap exchange rate?

It would not surprise me one iota if we get this:

S650 Standard Handbrake.JPG

Hope for the best.
Expect the worst.

:lipssealed:
Yes, I would be surprised if we get the Strut Tower Brace, Torsen Diff or Drift Brake (as we did not get any of those or Line Lock previously), although at over $1,100 for a set of rear tyres, I would not be keen to use it anyway !

What I would like is a continuation of the Michelin PS4s Tyres, but as the host US car has reverted to the crap (even dangerous) Pirelli P Zero tyres, sadly that is highly unlikely. It means I am up for over $2K for decent tyres from day one.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Yeah, especially as they already did the dash (Required, I know). It is just a plastic mold change. Though they may also require a new mounting for the hand brake. Ford is saying that they went for a global market with the S650, looks like they half-a$$ed it for RHD.
With a 6-Sp manual on pre-order (and allocated!), the more I think about this, the more it annoys me.

When you consider the drift brake is just a fancy looking switch with a spring loaded actuator handle, there are no mechanical linkages or handbrake cable paths to the rear end to worry about.

Whereas a simple wiring loom for the new drift brake switch can be run almost anywhere... meaning it would have been relatively easy to position the drift brake on the correct side for RHD vehicles.

:curse::angry:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes, I would be surprised if we get the Strut Tower Brace, Torsen Diff or Drift Brake (as we did not get any of those or Line Lock previously), although at over $1,100 for a set of rear tyres, I would not be keen to use it anyway !

What I would like is a continuation of the Michelin PS4s Tyres, but as the host US car has reverted to the crap (even dangerous) Pirelli P Zero tyres, sadly that is highly unlikely. It means I am up for over $2K for decent tyres from day one.
The Michelins were kept on the UK S550 right up to the end, despite the US Performance Pack reverting to Pirellis for the last two model years, so I hope we still get the Michelins!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Michelins were kept on the UK S550 right up to the end, despite the US Performance Pack reverting to Pirellis for the last two model years, so I hope we still get the Michelins!
Lets hope so TT, definitely not looking forward to a repeat experience of the pathetic Pirellis!! It really would be a big step (or slip and slide) backwards.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
With a 6-Sp manual on pre-order (and allocated!), the more I think about this, the more it annoys me.

When you consider the drift brake is just a fancy looking switch with a spring loaded actuator handle, there are no mechanical linkages or handbrake cable paths to the rear end to worry about.

Whereas a simple wiring loom for the new drift brake switch can be run almost anywhere... meaning it would have been relatively easy to position the drift brake on the correct side for RHD vehicles.

:curse::angry:
When did you find out about your allocation? I rang my dealer 2 weeks ago and he couldn't tell me squat. I only put my order and deposit down in April 23 so maybe that has something to do with it.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
When did you find out about your allocation?
End of July.

Given the first batch were already oversubscribed prior to 2022 years end, you probably have one in the second batch. Apparently dealers will receive their second allocation in Oct/Nov.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
End of July.

Given the first batch were already oversubscribed prior to 2022 years end, you probably have one in the second batch. Apparently dealers will receive their second allocation in Oct/Nov.
The Second round of Allocations was scheduled for November, but don't be surprised if it is December or January, as Pricing, Features and Spec' ADR Homologation have been pushed back over a month, which will probably cause a Domino-Effect of delays.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to mention that from the 2018 model, there was a difference in Tyres between the standard US GT and the Performance Pkg, where the Std GT had the Pirellis and the Perf Pkg had the Michelins, and I read somewhere that Ford US have opted to return the Pirellis for the Perf Pkg.

As our Australian "Export" cars have the Perf' Pkg, I hope the latter is incorrect!
Sponsored