• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Also, it appears we will NOT be getting the SEQUENTIAL Tail lights, as our "Export" units have completely different wiring, connectors & part numbers (Thanks to Rocket for info).

Export Tail Lights
1684449921369.png
If the signal on pin 2 is CAN-bus data and the actual LED segments are controlled by a board within the tail lamp assy, then aftermarket sequential turn indicator could be expected.
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
MY24 Production had been pushed back again - now to an unspecified date mid June, apparently to allow a major overhaul of QUALITY CONTROL & PRODUCTION standards. (so probably a positive development).

I wouldn't hold my breath about Ford mirroring the LHD Centre Console to RHD, as although presumably a relatively simple process, they have been stubbornly unwilling to do it.

Also, it appears we will NOT be getting the SEQUENTIAL Tail lights, as our "Export" units have completely different wiring, connectors & part numbers (Thanks to Rocket for info).

Standard (US) Spec Tail Lights
1684450012986.png

Export Tail Lights
1684449921369.png

(15) S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features | Page 3 | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)
Why wouldn't they mirror the center console? As it stands right now, if you're sitting on the passenger side, the main screen is facing away from the driver. If they want this car to be convenient for their European customers they absolutely should do it.

Also, on the indicators, the wiring difference could be entirely down to the fact that the amber LEDs are on the bottom, separate from the red ones for the taillights. I'm no electrician so I can't argue for or against either rhyme or reason.

Me personally, I have less than zero reason to believe that any of what I mentioned is not going to happen, but who knows? Ford could switch it up last minute. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe we wait until someone else has seen an RHD prototype to confirm or deny what either of us said. Either way, I'm looking forward to what's in store for the rest of the world.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Why wouldn't they mirror the center console? As it stands right now, if you're sitting on the passenger side, the main screen is facing away from the driver. If they want this car to be convenient for their European customers they absolutely should do it.

Also, on the indicators, the wiring difference could be entirely down to the fact that the amber LEDs are on the bottom, separate from the red ones for the taillights. I'm no electrician so I can't argue for or against either rhyme or reason.

Me personally, I have less than zero reason to believe that any of what I mentioned is not going to happen, but who knows? Ford could switch it up last minute. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe we wait until someone else has seen an RHD prototype to confirm or deny what either of us said. Either way, I'm looking forward to what's in store for the rest of the world.
I can't understand why with the opportunity of so many annual (MY) model updates, Ford have not yet reversed the Centre Console yet for RHD, it would seem they have no interest in doing this - although I hope I am wrong! (apparently Australia is the biggest single RHD Market - bigger than Britain).

I am not convinced we are getting the US Spec Tail Lights - clearly there is a difference between the US and "Export" systems as is evident from the different Wiring & Connectors, and It seems very odd (pointless and stupid) they would go to the considerable design, tooling, extra inventory and costing of adding another Circuit and Connectors to the Tail Lights if they are using the same spec (US) lights, with the same functions.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I can't understand why with the opportunity of so many annual (MY) model updates, Ford have not yet reversed the Centre Console yet for RHD, it would seem they have no interest in doing this - although I hope I am wrong! (apparently Australia is the biggest single RHD Market - bigger than Britain).

I am not convinced we are getting the US Spec Tail Lights - clearly there is a difference between the US and "Export" systems as is evident from the different Wiring & Connectors, and It seems very odd (pointless and stupid) they would go to the considerable design, tooling, extra inventory and costing of adding another Circuit and Connectors to the Tail Lights if they are using the same spec (US) lights, with the same functions.
Ah, we're not on the same page about the indicators then. I'm hypothesizing that they will still be differentiable from the US spec ones, but the amber section will be sequential - similar to that of the Mach E. From what has been presented to us in the images, that's what I'm sort of expecting will happen.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, we're not on the same page about the indicators then. I'm hypothesizing that they will still be differentiable from the US spec ones, but the amber section will be sequential - similar to that of the Mach E. From what has been presented to us in the images, that's what I'm sort of expecting will happen.
The Us Tail Lights are both amber and sequential, and the Export units are different (including Part #) as previously stated - so if they had the same features as the US cars there would obviously be no requirement to differentiate wiring looms and Connectors and unit part numbers. This is why I suspect we will retain the same features as the current "Export" cars - which are not sequential. Time will tell.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The export spec Dark Horse that was shown here in the UK back in April, had sequential turn signals (the lower portion flash amber, in a sequential sequence).

:)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The export spec Dark Horse that was shown here in the UK back in April, had sequential turn signals (the lower portion flash amber, in a sequential sequence).

:)
Thanks, but it was also LHD, so obviously not for the local UK or AU markets, and was it confirmed it was full LHD "Export" spec - or just one of the Pre-Production US MY24 Cars - as I suspect?

It had to be a Pre-Production car, as Production has still not begun, and had been pushed back (again!) to late June, but now it is listed as an indefinite TBA, apparantly to address and dramatically improve Quality Control Standards and Processes.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Does anyone know if we'll get the Active exhaust shown in the pic as std or rolled into a performance package?

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if we'll get the Active exhaust shown in the pic as std or rolled into a performance package?
In Australia, we have had Active Exhaust as standard since 2018, so hopefully that will continue.

Also worth noting there is no Active Exhaust Option listed for Australia, which would suggest that it will be included as standard.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
In Australia, we have had Active Exhaust as standard since 2018, so hopefully that will continue.

Also worth noting there is no Active Exhaust Option listed for Australia, which would suggest that it will be included as standard.
Thanks, appreciate it.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ford F150
That's the first thought I had as well.

RHD-S650.jpg

Anyone here living around Richmond or Campbellfield?
Bound to see it traveling between HQ and engineering facilities.
Pursuit Interceptor Yellow 😎
Sponsored