• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Those little lights in the grille....

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was really waiting for someone to explain this lol

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Yeah, I saw that element, too. My thoughts on it went back and forth on what it was. I noticed it on day one on the reveal videos. I first thought it was what it is, a window that lets light from the headlights come through. But, then I thought maybe it was actually a bulb and light added into the grille. But, this video confirms it is a "window". It totally makes sense that is why Ford did it. The USA regulations are so minute and finicky. Some are logical, others not so much. I didn't think Ford would go through the cost and complexity to add a separate bulb.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
A pedestrian safety requirement? Maybe for the Ecoboost, but I don't think it'll be necessary on Coyote models what with how loud that engine is. 🤭

Jokes aside, I guess it's reasonable to assume then that this will be on all trim levels, not just the DH. Unless that's information I just happened to miss.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
It almost looks like an intentional hole to allow the light from the headlight to shine through so other drivers can see the Far headlight from some angles.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Running llghts that car has been started and is running.
I think you're missing the point of the thread. The first post has been updated with the explanation

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
the little ‘headlamp juice refill port’ reminds me of that bumper sticker: if you can read this you are too close.

headlamps already have a tendency to cast a light when on.

If it’s a reg it reminds me of that stupid seat-belt interlock.
Sponsored