• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Star Button

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Why would you need to turn it on? I turned that on and just left it on in my truck. Doesn't it work the same in the Mustang?
I don’t always want it on. Otherwise I have to fight the brake when I start going. And that’s needlessly wearing out my brakes/clutch. But when I want to stop and not hold the brake in traffic—it’s great.

Basically it’s an automatically engaged parking brake.
But…. When I had a physical handbrake on my old car, I used to engage it when in traffic to rest my foot. The advantage of this relatively new feature is that the tail lights light up as if you’ve stopped—unlike the parking brake that now just engages. And if you’re closeting, you’ll stop abruptly.
Sponsored

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
On the toggle switches. What is the * (star) button supposed to do? All it tells me is "the exhaust is on" Well that's great to know.
If you setup your favourites in the screen the star button recalls them and implements what you selected.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I don’t always want it on. Otherwise I have to fight the brake when I start going. And that’s needlessly wearing out my brakes/clutch. But when I want to stop and not hold the brake in traffic—it’s great.
Huh?

How is auto hold any different than you keeping your foot on the brake pedal until you're ready to leave? That's all it does. As soon as you start to release the clutch, the auto hold releases the brakes - just like your foot releases the brakes manually as you move it to the gas pedal.

Also, you have Auto Hold (if equipped) and Hill Start Assist. Either can be individually enabled/disabled, both are found under Driver Assistance, and both remember your last setting after ignition cycle. They are separate features meant for different situations. The latter is designed specifically for starting off on an incline (e.g., hill).

You might not even need to use AH at all if you simply haven't enabled HSA. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Huh?

How is auto hold any different than you keeping your foot on the brake pedal until you're ready to leave? That's all it does. As soon as you start to release the clutch, the auto hold releases the brakes - just like your foot releases the brakes manually as you move it to the gas pedal.
Well no. You need to sort-of fight it, until it disengages. At least that’s how it’s on stick shift.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well no. You need to sort-of fight it, until it disengages. At least that’s how it’s on stick shift.
I can understand you not liking it because you "feel" like you're fighting it, but there's not any wear happening by using Auto Hold. The rotors are stationary until you start moving, you can't start moving until the brakes release, and there's no wear unless and until the rotors start moving.

Is your HSA enabled?

Hey, doesn't matter to me. I just don't see how wear takes places when you're not moving ... :)

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can understand you not liking it because you "feel" like you're fighting it, but there's not any wear happening by using Auto Hold. The rotors are stationary until you start moving, you can't start moving until the brakes release, and there's no wear unless and until the rotors start moving.

Is your HSA enabled?

Hey, doesn't matter to me. I just don't see how wear takes places when you're not moving ... :)
There is no way to disable HSA. not on my car. I searched through settings.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I've got mine set to change the screen to quiet mode (all dark, clock, IIRC).
Oddly the calm screen seems to cause anxiety for me, this big blank spot just sitting there begging to be turned on.

Is your HSA enabled?

it’s the breaking free from the brake that causes the consternation. Manually applied i can let it glide any kinda of incline and it has a tendency to hold until broken loose.

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
i press the star button again and it toggles the track exhaust back off to the default quiet setting instantly, super convenient.
I just tried this on my "star" with sport exhaust, but everytime I hit "star" it just says sport exhaust on, it doesn't toggle on/off. How did you get it to toggle?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I just tried this on my "star" with sport exhaust, but everytime I hit "star" it just says sport exhaust on, it doesn't toggle on/off. How did you get it to toggle?
Are you in sport mode or your custom profile that has sport exhaust assigned to it? If so that's why it won't change. If your in the cars standard mode, the exhaust should be in normal, hitting the star that has the sport exhaust assigned should turn the exhaust from Normal to sport, while in the standard drive profile, hitting the star again would toggle it back to normal exhaust.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
The star button is a power booster for the window washer motor.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no way to disable HSA. not on my car. I searched through settings.
You must have an auto trans. It can only be turned on/off in manuals. For some reason, I thought you had a manual and that's why you used ASS on inclines.

S650 Mustang The Star Button 1716404785413-qs

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The star button is a power booster for the window washer motor.
I have mine set to flip my DH badges over so they are GT badges, kinda like the license plate flipper things work.

Mark & Jenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 Dually 2017 F150 5.0 2024 Dark Horse
Quiet exhaust toggle. Us too. Then the passenger can hit it if the driver is busy when the smokies appear.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You must have an auto trans. It can only be turned on/off in manuals. For some reason, I thought you had a manual and that's why you used ASS on inclines.

1716404785413-qs.png
I have a manual. And no there is no way to disable it. I read the manual, and no such option was found anywhere. I actually like it….
Sponsored