• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The S650 as a race car

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Unofficial Australian Supercar Mustang rendering; probably not based on any inside information, but who knows.

I wouldn’t be unhappy if it looked like this though, better looking than most renderings I have seen so far, although I prefer the mean look of the recessed headlights of the S550.

Only the top of the nose panel would be firmly based on the real production car.

Story here: https://autoaction.com.au/2022/05/04/mustangs-new-race-face

S650 Mustang The S650 as a race car 2023-Mustang-Supercar-AA-Car-Cover-Blue57911
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hmmm, odd that is doesn't seem to look anything like the leaked front ends we've seen so far. Those headlamps and lower fascia look very much Mach-E inspired.

I'd have thought it would have to reflect the styling of S650 more closely.

That being said, I don't dislike what appears in that image. The "Mach E" styling works much better with proper pony car proportions.

Thanks for posting :)

(edited to add...........I'd assumed the image above was official, but perhaps it's just an unofficial rendering?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Hmmm, odd that is doesn't seem to look anything like the leaked front ends we've seen so far. Those headlamps and lower fascia look very much Mach-E inspired.

That being said, I don't dislike what appears in that image. The "Mach E" styling works much better with proper pony car proportions.

(edited to add...........I'd assumed the image above was official, but perhaps it's just an unofficial rendering?)
Yes, it’s an unofficial rendering of the race car.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

TT, multiple versions of the CAD were available for over a decade. I believe we will see A LOT of fascia variations, including grill surround angles and bumper thickness.

A LOT of “unofficial” CAD has been circulated to media, some dealerships, Motorsport and aftermarket parts manufacturers.

thePill is excited!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

…starting to look A LOT like the Roush advertisement from 2019. 🤣

You should know by now TT, thePill is hyper-vigilant. It just sucks he has to wait a decade for everyone else to catch up. 😉

Just ask the guys over yonder about 7th Gen Camaro or a 6th Gen z28. ☹ A fact is the end result but the truth is a pursuit. 😉

Let us hope this isn’t the last race…

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Unofficial Australian Supercar Mustang rendering; probably not based on any inside information, but who knows.

I wouldn’t be unhappy if it looked like this though, better looking than most renderings I have seen so far, although I prefer the mean look of the recessed headlights of the S550.

Only the top of the nose panel would be firmly based on the real production car.

2023-Mustang-Supercar-AA-Car-Cover-Blue57911.jpg
But why do you say that the top of the nose panel in this render would be based on the real one?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

2023-Mustang-Supercar-AA-Car-Cover-Blue57911.jpg
If it looked like this instead of the black nose leaked I'd giving it serious thought.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
But why do you say that the top of the nose panel in this render would be based on the real one?
Unlike the current Supercar Mustang and the NASCAR Mustang, the new generation bodywork of Supercars have to be virtually identical to the road going car, except below the the bumper bar (mid point). The bodywork below there needs to be bespoke for racing purposes, so is unlikely to closely resemble the real thing.

The image maybe based on what the artist has seen on websites such as this, or from what the local Ford team that is homologating the car knows, or has seen, from Ford/Ford Performance, or may be just artistic licence.

There is a significant Ford Performance media call on Friday regarding Supercar racing for next year, but I can’t imagine it would involve any tease photos of the car.
Sponsored