• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The new dashboard is a big mistake IMO

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Well, the usefulness of the Unreal engine has come to extend well beyond the video game industry. It's being used more and more extensively in film and television production to generate real-time interactive imagery.

Integrating this kind of tech into their cars at an early stage is really getting ahead of the curve on this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Personally I don't really mind the graphic trickery. It will probably look outdated in a couple of years yeah, but so do the calculator displays in previous generations. And if Ford really cares they'll simply provide updates to the user interface.

What is not fixable however is the horrible and complete lack of integration of the screens into the rest of the dashboard. That will look utterly ridiculous and nothing like Mustang until the end of time.

Ford needs to scrap this entire physical design and put the S550 dashboard back in. It's the same car so it should be very easy to do. Just replace the Sync3 screen with one that's 2 inches bigger and the entire new S650 user interface can still be used.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ford F150
I completely disagree. I love the new interior!!
Same!

The guys ragging on the S650 will be the same ones singing its praises in a couple years. I hope they like the taste of crow 🤣

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PPL2 Velocity Blue
I'm torn on the screens. I like new tech and all that but some of the animations are a bit juvenile. They used the Unreal video game software so that's understandable, but I do wonder if it will age well?

I wish Ford had integrated the screens within the dash like Porsche has done with their new 992 911's. Porsche also approached their graphic design with more seriousness that will likely age better.
Exactly how I feel…

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You couldn't be more wrong. Nothing will ever make this generic SUV dash a Mustang dash, not in a million years.
Your hate for this car is flat out depressing. You can dislike something with out the vitriol. Yeah, I know its a Dutch thing. One of my best friends tends to do the same thing. :crackup: :cwl:

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Your hate for this car is flat out depressing.
I don't hate the car at all. I don't feel that much of the updates are an improvement, but I don't hate them. I do hate the dashboard though. The double brow symmetrical dashboard is a quintessential part of what makes a car a Mustang and they completely ruined that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't hate the car at all. I don't feel that much of the updates are an improvement, but I don't hate them. I do hate the dashboard though. The double brow symmetrical dashboard is a quintessential part of what makes a car a Mustang and they completely ruined that.
I too wish they had done a nicer job locating the panels but we have what we have. I'm not replacing my GT/CS for a long time so I guess there will be time for me to warm up to it. Or not! :like:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The new dashboard does look like a Mustang though..........the layout is very similar the the Fox and, to a lesser extend, the II.

Now, I'll admit, I'd never have used either of those as inspiration for a new Mustang as, for me, they are the least aesthetically pleasing of the 6 generations to choose from. And even the Mach E uses the dual cowl look, albeit hidden behind the mahoooosive central screen.

I'll reserve final judgement until I can sit in an S650 though.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
remember when the world went nuts over the 'notch' on cell phone screens? This one has a 1" border around the whole thing (what, couldn't find a display with almost zero surround? despite them being readily available?) which they didn't bother to try to conceal or manage.

L A Z Y is the only answer for this.
P A T H E T I C beyond words.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT/CS, 1968 Mustang Fastback
We own a 1st gen 68 fastback and a 6th gen GT/CS. I'm not a fan of the new 24MY. Don't like the new body lines and don't like the dash. I prefer old school analog look for the dash ...since....well.....I'm old :crackup: Just because I don't like it doesn't mean someone else can't. I'll never own one but that's just me and is only my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If someone thinks the MY24 is the best thing since sliced bread, then buy it. I'm not going to stop you. Get what you like and drive what you like. There's no right or wrong here folks!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
You couldn't be more wrong. Nothing will ever make this generic SUV dash a Mustang dash, not in a million years.
Yeah, uh...the fact that it's in a Mustang makes it a Mustang dash.

It doesn't suit your individual idea of "what a Mustang should be?"

Well...okay, then.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
the fact that it's in a Mustang makes it a Mustang dash.
so if I put cucumber and avocado into the 'fruit salad' does that magically transform cucumber and avocado into a fruit?
Sponsored