• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Dash cam thread

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Yep I have that cable. I figured I would have to run it to the fuse box. Just wish there was a better way.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
It's right there in the manual.

USB-Port.JPG

It's a shame there isn't a small slide switch near the mirror USB port to select whether that port is always on or on during running/accessory only. Even better if you could change that behaviour in the centre stack GUI.
It's obviously intended for radar detectors only.
(Which unfortunately are illegal to have in my country :curse: )

Exactly the reason the Viofo HK3-C exists.
https://viofo.com/accessories/211-v...t-for-a139a139-pro-1ch2ch3ch-dash-camera.html

1_05.jpg

The selectable low battery volts cut-off prevents you from draining the primary car battery.

Call me old fashioned, but if you're going to do something, do it properly!
I'd be using one of these for a proper install.

Edit:
And it will place the A139 Pro into parking mode automatically.

1_04.jpg
"Properly" would be to fit a dash cam battery so that your car battery does not come into the equation. I run the Cellink Neo and it has been flawless in its operation for 5 years. There are many on the market and it does not matter if and when they run flat after many days, your car will still start regardless.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
"Properly" would be to fit a dash cam battery so that your car battery does not come into the equation. I run the Cellink Neo and it has been flawless in its operation for 5 years. There are many on the market and it does not matter if and when they run flat after many days, your car will still start regardless.
I had to Google what a Cellink Neo was!
I guess this treats it like a 4WD dual-battery situation, except the secondary battery is much smaller.
Nice find.

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
What would you suggest to tap in the interior fuse box to support a parking move?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have a Garmin dash cam that I bought at Best Buy.

Nothing fancy, but the nice part about it is you can attach/detach it with just a magnet. I already had the stock magnet/adhesive that came with the dash cam in one car. For the Mustang, I bought some more magnets from Joann Fabrics amd I ordered more adhesive tape on Amazon.

So now I can use the same camera for both cars, depending on which one I drive. To power it, I just plug it into the 12V outlet.

Last edited:

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Anyone have one installed with pics for the Mustang? Curious how big it is because the mirror base is huge jw if it's going to obstruct the view

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I'm going to stick mine on the flat plastic area behind the mirror. I want to stick it to the glass, but there isn't a good spot that's not going to bother my vision. Kinda sucks but I not happy with any other location.

Also curious too if anyone has pics of their installs.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So it is safe to keep a dashcam plugged into the USB outlet behind the rear view? I'm worried about battery drain

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know what the manual says, but people have been reporting that their dashcam is staying on even after turning the car off. Some people have reported getting low 12V battery alerts because of this.

See: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...rearview-mirror-usb-port.157824/#post-3230889
I think you missed the point.
As per previous posts, if you are concerned about flattening your car battery, then you might consider one of two options.
• Wiring it up via the optional hard wire kit (with low-volts cutout). Park recording will still work, obviously until you reach your low volts threshold.
• Powering it from a secondary battery that is charged via the car's electrical system (also mentioned previously).

If the mirror port is not reliably switching off with the vehicle (as per the manual), then that must be a fault?

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think you missed the point.
As per previous posts, if you are concerned about flattening your car battery, then you might consider one of two options.
• Wiring it up via the optional hard wire kit (with low-volts cutout). Park recording will still work, obviously until you reach your low volts threshold.
• Powering it from a secondary battery that is charged via the car's electrical system (also mentioned previously).

If the mirror port is not reliably switching off with the vehicle (as per the manual), then that must be a fault?
Well I'm picking up the Garmin Mini 2 tomorrow and will be using the usb port so we'll see how that works.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Well I'm picking up the Garmin Mini 2 tomorrow and will be using the usb port so we'll see how that works.
Just plug the cord into the Cigarette Lighter-looking port, similar to a phone charger.

I have no issues as far as battery drain with my Garmin.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Just to add an observation from few months of use of Viofo 139 Pro dual:
  • The parking mode with motion detection seems to have some delay. I would probably not rely on this one. On the other hand the "low bitrate mode" looks to be alright. Got maybe 3-5 hours of runtime with 12V cut off limit set.
  • Between QHD@60fps and UHD@30fps I prefer the latter for the far better clarity and detail.
  • The CPL filter helps a lot and it is not available for the rear cam which is really unfortunate. You will see a perfect reflection of your under window liner in the footage thanks to the shallow slope and a sheer length of the Mustang rear window.
  • The only real gripe I have with the camera though is a way one can control the parking mode operation. The only way to turn it on or off is via a Wifi app on a phone (because A139 does not have a display)
    You need first to connect the phone to camera, then turn off the recording, then go into setting, select the parking mode, go back, turn on the recording, disconnect wifi and potentially turn the wifi off completely, otherwise your phone may stay connected to the camera and not get the data over the cellular network.
Now, whether you need or want toggle the parking mode depends totally on your car habits. I am normally parking in a garage and do not need to record the parking lot and waste the SD card and battery on this, so I have the parking mode turned off for most of the time. Only when I park somewhere outside I turn it on and that is the moment for the exercise I described above which I hate.
Sponsored