• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strike

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My mom worked for Ford as I was a kid growing up. Dealt with strikes during the holidays. Dealt with my mom crossing a picket line because she had a family to feed and having her windshield busted with a brick for doing it.

I have worked on union plants and dealt with them my entire adult life after getting out of the military including right up until today.
Cool stories bro! :thumbsup:

They have nothing to do with my post nor the ongoing strike...
Sponsored

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Cool stories bro! :thumbsup:

They have nothing to do with my post nor the ongoing strike...
You made the comment about Stockholm Syndrome....bruh

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The Dodge Forum guys are all up in arms over the strike as well. They say Ford cried about going broke but caved in to get a deal.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So in other words, the Strike is working exactly as intended... :thumbsup:
Not worried about it one way or the other as far as the strike itself. I have my 2023 Dodge Charger SPWB and my 2024 Mustang GT Premium is on a railcar.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So if there is a strike… Are we expecting a price increase on MSRP?
You can be sure the manufacturers will pass along the increase in cost to the consumers

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Regarding a pause on the battery plant, this is an article from NPR, two days ago.

Unions are one consideration. Another, it seems is the locals weren't all that into the new plant.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/26/1201...chigan-battery-plant-contract-talks-uaw-union

I've read more and more of EV and battery production by several auto makers further south. It's cheaper cost-wise. More central to the US population, especially when shipping heavy items. Ohio, Mississippi rivers close by. Unions are not as well established in these newer areas, which is at least one reason for the discussion involving these plants now.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...-battery-factories-and-an-auto-assembly-plant

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Regarding a pause on the battery plant, this is an article from NPR, two days ago.

Unions are one consideration. Another, it seems is the locals weren't all that into the new plant.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/26/1201...chigan-battery-plant-contract-talks-uaw-union

I've read more and more of EV and battery production by several auto makers further south. It's cheaper cost-wise. More central to the US population, especially when shipping heavy items. Ohio, Mississippi rivers close by. Unions are not as well established in these newer areas, which is at least one reason for the discussion involving these plants now.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...-battery-factories-and-an-auto-assembly-plant
I don't think the concern of "locals" has anything to do with the project being on hold

Companies and elected official collude to ram through unpopular developments all the time, and Ford already has all the required approvals in place to proceed

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You misspelled UAW there.
The manufacturers will pass long the increase to consumers for what they are giving to the UAW. The cost of manufacturing the car just went up when the strike ends.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144