• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steering wheel vibration after steeda lowering springs

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Recently I got my steeda progressive sport lowering springs for my 2024 Mustang GT. As soon as I got them installed I’ve been having an issue I’m trying to chase. When I apply the brakes at 60-65mph I get a vibration/pulsation in the steering wheel. Only at those speeds. Even if I apply the brakes at 75 mph and I’m on the brakes till about 50mph the steering wheel won’t start to vibrate until 60-65mph and then go away at 50 which is odd to me. When i got my alignment after the springs were installed my passenger side caster was 8.0° and my driver side was 7.1° people told me to correct that and that could be the issue well I bought caster camber plates and corrected that now my caster is at 7.5° passenger side and 7.4° driver side and the issue still persists. My wheels are balanced I don’t think it would be my wheels. What could it be? Rotors?? If my rotors were warped wouldn’t it vibrate the steering wheel at any speeds and not only 60-65mph that’s what’s throwing me off. Other than that car drives straight as an arrow and doesn’t drift off and feels great. Any help is appreciated thanks
I also plan on tracking the car a few times this summer and this issue would be super irritating when cornering and braking

S650 Mustang Steering wheel vibration after steeda lowering springs IMG_3271
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i asked a guy i know that does a lot of aftermarket/accessories stuff, he says it could be brakes or wheel/tire balance, but other than that he's not really sure. might be worth getting it to a shop to get the issue diagnosed and fixed properly instead of making guesses in the dark

Mustangbuc85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang(ordered) 02 mustang, 14 f250
Recently I got my steeda progressive sport lowering springs for my 2024 Mustang GT. As soon as I got them installed I’ve been having an issue I’m trying to chase. When I apply the brakes at 60-65mph I get a vibration/pulsation in the steering wheel. Only at those speeds. Even if I apply the brakes at 75 mph and I’m on the brakes till about 50mph the steering wheel won’t start to vibrate until 60-65mph and then go away at 50 which is odd to me. When i got my alignment after the springs were installed my passenger side caster was 8.0° and my driver side was 7.1° people told me to correct that and that could be the issue well I bought caster camber plates and corrected that now my caster is at 7.5° passenger side and 7.4° driver side and the issue still persists. My wheels are balanced I don’t think it would be my wheels. What could it be? Rotors?? If my rotors were warped wouldn’t it vibrate the steering wheel at any speeds and not only 60-65mph that’s what’s throwing me off. Other than that car drives straight as an arrow and doesn’t drift off and feels great. Any help is appreciated thanks
I also plan on tracking the car a few times this summer and this issue would be super irritating when cornering and braking

IMG_3271.jpeg
sounds like a brake pulsation. Nothing in those numbers would cause a vibration. Higher caster could cause a shake but not under braking.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Let me engage our lead tech & see if he has any guidance he can provide.

Thank you,

TJ

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
What else was done at the same time as the springs (ie new wheels/tires)?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Nothing else was done at the time of springs. A few weeks later I got caster camber plates installed.
Gothca, and did the vibration occur before the CC plates were installed?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Strange... Have you checked all of the strut hardware to confirm everything is tight?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Very strange, next best course of action would be have wheel/tires checked (which you already suggested)

bgold87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP