• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steering Wheel Not Centered

Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Just received my 2024 Mustang Jan 10
Special order 6 spd premium, any one else have issues with steering wheel not being on center . Brought to Dealer once, came back exactly the same, in alignment but wheel off center!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yep, know what you mean, they need to adjust the tie rod ends, I guess I’ll see what happens!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
My wheel is straight, if it wasn't I would be taking it in, there are button and controls on the wheel and it being off is a safety issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Special order 6 spd premium, any one else have issues with steering wheel not being on center . Brought to Dealer once, came back exactly the same, in alignment but wheel off center!
Hi there, Pierre! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this steering wheel concern. Thanks!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Technically it is aligned straight, but you need to do that with the steering wheel centered. Otherwise the car will track straight and the wheel would be off-center.

Have them redo the alignment with the wheel centered and youll see both sides "equally off".

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wide tires and road angles (crown) will constantly give you the impression that it's crooked.

OP
OP

Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I understand road crown issues, definitely not that

OP
OP

Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Fixing the steering wheel is a two step process. The first is to check and correct the alignment. Once everything is square, you need to remove the cover on the steering wheel, take the nut off that hold it in place, use a steering wheel pull to pull it off the spline and place it back in the correct position.
Before all this modern stuff, they would pull the steering wheel loose on the spline, drive down the road getting everything straight, remove and replace the wheel in the correct position. It used to be pretty easy but the airbags have made it a bit more difficult to get at the nut.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Ford has been making Cars and Trucks with the Steering Wheel off centered forever..
What I mean by this is when you sit behind the Steering Wheel the Steering Wheel always is Left of Center. It isn’t that noticeable but if you look closely you will see what I mean.
Probably most Drivers have noticed it but no big deal unless you’re O.C.D.
Like I mentioned before.
Ford Steering Wheels always leans Left.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
An alignment starts by ensuring the steering wheel is centered, then you adjust the to spec. Specifically, you adjust the tie rods/toe in/out while ensuring the steering wheel is properly centered. Performing a wheel alignment while ignoring the steering wheel would be silly.

Neggytive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Premium vert 14K miles
and any collision avoidance system, and other systems require that the steering angle sensor has to be calibrated to match the front wheels.

The steering wheel should be straight and the sensor should be correct too, there is no more Mickey Mousing things to compensate for bad or warn parts.

We do dozens of alignments a week and we never pull steering wheels unless it is a newer restoration of an older car.... someone put the front end together knowing we were going to do the final adjustments and make sure the steering wheel is in the proper position.

OP
OP

Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
In my situation the dealership recalibrated the steering angle sensor and everything perfect after that?
Sponsored