• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It will never be an option and you know why. Whether you or anybody feels it is a 'need' is irrelevant. If you are that bothered put your thoughts to the regulatory authorities, but be prepared to be disappointed! Type Approval is a complex area with strict regulations, especially on emissions.
Interestingly enough the ā€˜optionā€™ exists and can be considered a default as long as the setting is made. Just a tad inconvenient having to reselect the radio station I left it on each time.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Interestingly enough the ā€˜optionā€™ exists and can be considered a default as long as the setting is made. Just a tad inconvenient having to reselect the radio station I left it on each time.
No - the 'option' you are requesting is not and will not ever be available (stop start off by default each restart)

Type Approval requires all vehicles to start in their approved tested configuration, which is with stop start enabled.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No - the 'option' you are requesting is not and will not ever be available (stop start off by default each restart)

Type Approval requires all vehicles to start in their approved tested configuration, which is with stop start enabled.
S650 Mustang Start/Stop IMG_0931

sport mode is reported to default with the feature disabled.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you cannot default to sport mode on start up. Just press a different button!
Which was meant by the reselect the radio station I left it on remark.

seems we have the ability but the ā€˜convenienceā€™ factor has some sort of regulatory requirement.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
So I know the EB has stop/start but can it easily be turned off on the EB?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Not sure re S650 but manual cars can and do have stop/start systems as other Ford cars do.

It really is something and nothing, I have driven loads of cars with stop/start (Ford generally have a good system but not always the case for other makers) and it is completely seamless. The engine is off when your foot is on the brake (not moving) and the engine is started before you get your foot on the 'gas' pedal to drive away.

It doesn't 'take control', 'infringe human rights', and it is not 'politically motivated' :crazy:
Good to know it works that well. I'm not nearly as opposed to the feature as many of the rednecks on forums like this, and similarly I acknowledge the fact that climate change is a real problem, but I've heard enough about slight lag in the start-up of some vehicles with start/stop that I thought it could be annoying in a performance car. Especially on a manual where sometimes it's already enough work to get going quickly.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
IMG_0931.jpeg

sport mode is reported to default with the feature disabled.
I'm starting to think the main reason I want start/stop in my car is simply to avoid that blank button ... driving my OCD crazy!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to think the main reason I want start/stop in my car is simply to avoid that blank button ... driving my OCD crazy!
My ocd goes nuts when I start something and it assumes to interpret my action as a cause for pause.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Good to know it works that well. I'm not nearly as opposed to the feature as many of the rednecks on forums like this, and similarly I acknowledge the fact that climate change is a real problem, but I've heard enough about slight lag in the start-up of some vehicles with start/stop that I thought it could be annoying in a performance car. Especially on a manual where sometimes it's already enough work to get going quickly.
If I felt compelled to label someone a redneck because a particular automotive feature made him crazy Iā€™m not sure I wouldnā€™t in fairness have to classify myself similarly, especially if my definition of redneck seemed predicated on narrow minded thinking-as does yours.

FWIW the A.S.S. on my wifeā€™s lowly Outback makes me drool with craziness, and itā€˜s even defeatable on a per start basis. Perhaps itā€™s an age related thing to some extent. Well, that and redneckery I supposeā€¦

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
My ocd goes nuts when I start something and it assumes to interpret my action as a cause for pause.
My wife's Acura MDX has the start/stop and so far at least it hasn't bothered me. But I just don't think it belongs on a high performance sports/muscle car, especially on a manual transmission. But I am at least happy it can be turned off and they conveniently put the button right next to the ignition. Just consider it a two button ignition every time. I don't ever plan on using it.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Rednecks? Because we don't want our performance engines to shut off at lights? Wtf. If you're so worried about all that, maybe you shouldn't buy a V8 and instead get a Prius