• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

Lightning17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can’t wait for this option. I always wanted to have this feature on a loud, petrol guzzling v8…..hahaha.
I have it on my Ranger and always have it turned off.
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I sat in my GT for the first time today, it was built 12/12, has the A10 and the button on the left is blank so no Start/Stop. 👍

OP
OP
Illini4

Illini4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT
I'm about to place an order. Doubt that I'll be as lucky. Hopefully Autostop Eliminator will be available for the 24 GT soon.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I sat in my GT for the first time today, it was built 12/12, has the A10 and the button on the left is blank so no Start/Stop. 👍
What was your blend date or in production date? I think when production starts would be more of the determining factor. The build date is when it is completed.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
We all know what it does, but do you know what went into the engineering side of auto Stop/Start?

For people who like to know how stuff works, this video is very interesting.
It runs ½ hour, so grab a drink, and chill.

The Car Care Nut said:
We take a look at what actually makes Start Stop technology work in modern cars.

Gasoline engines have come a long way since their initial design, and Start Stop technology is something that's becoming almost the norm in modern gasoline engines.

In this video we take a look at what they do, How they work, Do they harm your engine? And can you disable them permanently.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
What was your blend date or in production date? I think when production starts would be more of the determining factor. The build date is when it is completed.
I think the Blend date was 12/11.
S650 Mustang Start/Stop fxq25iG

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
We all know what it does, but do you know what went into the engineering side of auto Stop/Start?

For people who like to know how stuff works, this video is very interesting.
It runs ½ hour, so grab a drink, and chill.

Breathing is elementary although when examined in detail.

one button one key one action is all that is needed. Simply because of their regulations (be it the traffic jam that is controlled by they - hah) they dictate how i’m allowed to use my property?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Breathing is elementary although when examined in detail.

one button one key one action is all that is needed. Simply because of their regulations (be it the traffic jam that is controlled by they - hah) they dictate how i’m allowed to use my property?
So predictable!

Stop / start infringes civil rights shocker :crackup:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So predictable!

Stop / start infringes civil rights shocker :crackup:
Interesting that you assume that is the answer to the question, something to confess?

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
That is different from the start/stop that is being discussed. The start/stop is the "feature" that turns the engine off when you stop for a light and then restarts it when you give it gas. I hate that feature and am glad my 2024 missed it! We had it on my wife's BMW and luckily could turn it off on that and her replacement Lincoln didn't have the feature.

It's really annoying, especially if you are on the highway and sitting in slow moving traffic. Listen at the light and you will hear the cars where drivers have to suffer with that annoyance.
My Wife's Porsche Macan also has it and you can deactivate it and it remains off. It's a cool feature but I don't need it. Start up and Straight to Sport Mode!! :cwl::giggle::cwl::giggle:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I would assume the manual doesn't have this feature, which makes buying it the simple solution, heh.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would assume the manual doesn't have this feature, which makes buying it the simple solution, heh.
Not sure re S650 but manual cars can and do have stop/start systems as other Ford cars do.

It really is something and nothing, I have driven loads of cars with stop/start (Ford generally have a good system but not always the case for other makers) and it is completely seamless. The engine is off when your foot is on the brake (not moving) and the engine is started before you get your foot on the 'gas' pedal to drive away.

It doesn't 'take control', 'infringe human rights', and it is not 'politically motivated' :crazy:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't 'take control', 'infringe human rights', and it is not 'politically motivated' :crazy:
Instead of requiring us to acknowledge we are not the driver each time motion is detected a user selectable default setting should be an option. Oh wait not talking about ‘mobile’ phone talking about an ‘engine’ which by its very name is intended to do what?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of requiring us to acknowledge we are not the driver each time motion is detected a user selectable default setting should be an option. Oh wait not talking about ‘mobile’ phone talking about an ‘engine’ which by its very name is intended to do what?
And again. Getting boring now.

We all know why stop/start is fitted and the benefits. You keep banging your political injustice drum :clap:
Sponsored