• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spoiler for DH in Europe

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
From what I gathered the situation really is that all early produced models for the very first customers will come with the ugly lip. There are already EU DH standing in Antwerpen having the spoiler installed. So Ford produced both version already, but early buyers will have to see and wait what they will got.

Personally I would decline getting the lip version and demand the dealer and Ford to install the wing as it was shown on every single media release and even the configurator tool

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
From what I gathered the situation really is that all early produced models for the very first customers will come with the ugly lip. There are already EU DH standing in Antwerpen having the spoiler installed. So Ford produced both version already, but early buyers will have to see and wait what they will got.

Personally I would decline getting the lip version and demand the dealer and Ford to install the wing as it was shown on every single media release and even the configurator tool
I'd be similar if the car they deliver is not the car i ordered, the UK configurator clearly shows the bigger wing on the DH. Mine hasn't been built yet but it should be soon. Who knows what they'll make they don't seem to have a clue as to what they're doing

OP
OP

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
If my car arrives without a large spoiler then I will demand a reduction in the price of the car from the dealer. I don't understand why dealers can't make it clear whether the car has a big spoiler or not, when it has a VIN and is either floating on a ship or already in Europe.

@Ford Motor Company maybe you guys are able to check this for me?

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
If my car arrives without a large spoiler then I will demand a reduction in the price of the car from the dealer. I don't understand why dealers can't make it clear whether the car has a big spoiler or not, when it has a VIN and is either floating on a ship or already in Europe.

@Ford Motor Company maybe you guys are able to check this for me?
same here, or I will ask for them to add it (preferably not on my costs...). I hope, since most of us ordered different configurations (paint, with/without Recaros) that our models will not be the preallocated versions where some of the cars don't have the spoiler.

OP
OP

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
same here, or I will ask for them to add it (preferably not on my costs...). I hope, since most of us ordered different configurations (paint, with/without Recaros) that our models will not be the preallocated versions where some of the cars don't have the spoiler.
In my case it would be probably preallocated, because I had to change color from blue to white to receive car in May/June.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I don't think factory orders are open yet. They should be soon though. So all cars that have been built or have vins to be built are part of the pre-allocated batch

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Lol, I ordered one but I don't want it with the small spoiler... I'll call my dealer just to get more info (in case he knows anything...).

The thing is that the spoiler is completely different even to the small one seen in pictures:

S650 Mustang Spoiler for DH in Europe 1000310757

Is not the same as:

S650 Mustang Spoiler for DH in Europe 1000310758

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I have talked to my dealer and initially they were convinced it was going to arrive with the big spoiler, because that's the only information they had. The dealer was sending me the pics we all know with the big spoiler, and telling me that that's what I should expect because that's the information they are receiving as well. He also pointed at my signed offer which states "dark horse spoiler".

I annoyed him a bit by asking him to double check what's the part numbers for the small and big spoilers, so that I can research dimensions and in a worst case scenario, a replacement could be viable without drilling modifications.

He replied that he has contacted the "parts department", the one to contact when something breaks down and you need a replacement. Their response is:
- DH in Spain for now is confirmed to have only the small spoiler.
- They don't have any part number for the bigger spoiler. There's only one variant and it's the small one.

This means that even if you had the big one now and you get rear ended, you can't replace it with the big one because they just can't get it.

I'm torn on what to do now because I really need a car in about a months time (I don't have any), but my enthusiasm to get the DH is spoiled (pun) because of 2 reasons: 1) I feel cheated 2) Even if I swallow my pride, I just don't like the style.

My reason to get the DH is not because it's the best option or the absolute best specs. My reason is that I just don't have time or energy to find out what the ideal spec for me is. I know I'm overpaying for specs that can be easily obtained in the aftermarket, but I want the peace of mind that the thing will just work and I won't have missing buttons/functionality. I love driving cars but even replacing windshield wiper liquid is just a part of car-life that I just don't enjoy.

The thought of having to go now through hardware modifications, worry about proper rust protection, whether it's homologated for street use and paperwork for periodic technical inspections (ITV) etc... is just completely offputting and against the reasons why I was getting a DH.

I'll be following up this week to see if they can commit to some solution, but I don't really see a way out. Right now the most likely scenario is that I start discussing an order cancel. It will probably hurt me more than the dealer.

Looking forward to hear what's in other's minds and specially if there's anybody else in Spain as well.

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
And of course a million thanks to @Ace and @Zbychersky for bringing up this issue now and saving me from a big disappointment on pick up day. 🙏

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
I have talked to my dealer and initially they were convinced it was going to arrive with the big spoiler, because that's the only information they had. The dealer was sending me the pics we all know with the big spoiler, and telling me that that's what I should expect because that's the information they are receiving as well. He also pointed at my signed offer which states "dark horse spoiler".

I annoyed him a bit by asking him to double check what's the part numbers for the small and big spoilers, so that I can research dimensions and in a worst case scenario, a replacement could be viable without drilling modifications.

He replied that he has contacted the "parts department", the one to contact when something breaks down and you need a replacement. Their response is:
- DH in Spain for now is confirmed to have only the small spoiler.
- They don't have any part number for the bigger spoiler. There's only one variant and it's the small one.

This means that even if you had the big one now and you get rear ended, you can't replace it with the big one because they just can't get it.

I'm torn on what to do now because I really need a car in about a months time (I don't have any), but my enthusiasm to get the DH is spoiled (pun) because of 2 reasons: 1) I feel cheated 2) Even if I swallow my pride, I just don't like the style.

My reason to get the DH is not because it's the best option or the absolute best specs. My reason is that I just don't have time or energy to find out what the ideal spec for me is. I know I'm overpaying for specs that can be easily obtained in the aftermarket, but I want the peace of mind that the thing will just work and I won't have missing buttons/functionality. I love driving cars but even replacing windshield wiper liquid is just a part of car-life that I just don't enjoy.

The thought of having to go now through hardware modifications, worry about proper rust protection, whether it's homologated for street use and paperwork for periodic technical inspections (ITV) etc... is just completely offputting and against the reasons why I was getting a DH.

I'll be following up this week to see if they can commit to some solution, but I don't really see a way out. Right now the most likely scenario is that I start discussing an order cancel. It will probably hurt me more than the dealer.

Looking forward to hear what's in other's minds and specially if there's anybody else in Spain as well.
For me it is embarrassing that Ford cannot clearly define what their car will look like for Europe. I called my dealer yesterday and asked them to recheck whether there was a large or small spoiler. I asked the salesman to go to the parts department and check it there, I am now waiting for an email response.

As I wrote, if there is a small spoiler I will ask for a reduction in the price of the car. I like messing around with cars so it is not a problem for me to add such a spoiler. The only problem may be that, as you wrote, there is no part number for the large spoiler and therefore probably no price....

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
In USA exist the small spoiler for the DH?

Could be doing Ford replacing the spoilers in Antwerp or Colony for some reason?

Makes no sense that the first DH arrived to Europe had the big spoiler, like the Luxembourg car.

I would like this new ducktail spoiler if were bigger, like Shelby GT350:
S650 Mustang Spoiler for DH in Europe Captura de pantalla 2024-04-24 103141

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
S650 Mustang Spoiler for DH in Europe IMG_5187
Isn’t it the one in the base s650, just painted black? Sorry for the bad quality