• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sold my 2016 GTPP. Amazing Car Market.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Well today i sold my 2016 GTPP for an amazing $40,000.00. Only had 16,300miles.
Was the right moment to sell it with this crazy market.
Looking forward on buying the new GT hoping they offer it awd.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Thinking of doing the same with my 1LE - only 6000 miles on her so far, bought new in 2013 (she's an older girl). I've seen them go for about $25,000 to $30,000 for much higher mileage.

If you don't mind sharing, was it through a private buyer, dealer, or service like Carvana?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Great price for 2016. That's what I paid for my 2019 Premium GT PP1 with 14k last summer. The insanity can't keep up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Thinking of doing the same with my 1LE - only 6000 miles on her so far, bought new in 2013 (she's an older girl). I've seen them go for about $25,000 to $30,000 for much higher mileage.

If you don't mind sharing, was it through a private buyer, dealer, or service like Carvana?
Private buyer.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It really is an insane market right now, we're going to buy a Maverick hybrid, because the value that vehicle offers is insane. But I've seen used ones going for like 50k plus. Our '09 Kia Rio beater is a shitbox, like a textbook shitbox, and we could probably sell it for 4-5 grand in this market when it's normally worth like 2 grand.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It really is an insane market right now, we're going to buy a Maverick hybrid, because the value that vehicle offers is insane. But I've seen used ones going for like 50k plus. Our '09 Kia Rio beater is a shitbox, like a textbook shitbox, and we could probably sell it for 4-5 grand in this market when it's normally worth like 2 grand.
Can't for the life of me understand why the Maverick Hybrid is only 2WD. I'd be all over it in 4WD guise. Nevertheless, solid choice - that powertrain is proving to be bulletproof. No DI, so no carbon buildup, etc.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Can't for the life of me understand why the Maverick Hybrid is only 2WD. I'd be all over it in 4WD guise. Nevertheless, solid choice - that powertrain is proving to be bulletproof. No DI, so no carbon buildup, etc.
Yeah, my guess is we'll see an awd hybrid option at some point in the future. Where we live, the winters are kinda average (Utah) so AWD isn't really necessary to get by. But I can see why the lack of AWD would be a deal breaker if you lived in an area with rougher winters. Regarding durablity, yeah, that 2.5 hybrid has apparently been on the market for over a decade and supposedly has an excellent reputation for longevity. Looking a multiple forums, I can't find any owners who've had issues with it, at least thus far.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Yeah, my guess is we'll see an awd hybrid option at some point in the future. Where we live, the winters are kinda average (Utah) so AWD isn't really necessary to get by. But I can see why the lack of AWD would be a deal breaker if you lived in an area with rougher winters. Regarding durablity, yeah, that 2.5 hybrid has apparently been on the market for over a decade and supposedly has an excellent reputation for longevity. Looking a multiple forums, I can't find any owners who've had issues with it, at least thus far.

Ford sells the mustang worldwide and for drag racing on a non prep surface they dont do nothing with all that power. Only the USA have tracks with prep surfaces and some other countries but most of them dont. Ford needs to up the game.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ford sells the mustang worldwide and for drag racing on a non prep surface they dont do nothing with all that power. Only the USA have tracks with prep surfaces and some other countries but most of them dont. Ford needs to up the game.
Um, what does your comment have to do with a Maverick lol? It's not like I'm going to be lining up at the drag strip in my hybrid pickup lol.

designatedrhythm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST

Same, I backed out of my order because I couldn't get AWD on the hybrid.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
That's good to hear, I'll be selling my 2018 GT with 15800 on it soon. I have never sold a car before and I'm a bit nervous about ti.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
That's good to hear, I'll be selling my 2018 GT with 15800 on it soon. I have never sold a car before and I'm a bit nervous about ti.
This post was from the peak of used car bubble fwiw.

with money markets paying 5% plus, dealers are still the ones paying top Dollar.
Detail it well and take it to a few dealers.
They’ll offer the most you’re gonna get.

private market has been below dealerships for years now.
Sponsored