• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So what's everyone doing on interior color?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I was nearly 100% on going with all-black interior from the start. All my cars have had black interiors over the years. They tend to stay cleaner looking.

But I keep watching these reviews and I have to say I'm really coming around to some of the other seat color options, especially the "space grey" and the red. I also like the color matched seat belts.

What is the general consensus on interior color choice here? Has anyone changed their choice away from black based on photos or videos they've seen? That grey may be tough to keep clean but the red is dark enough that it shouldn't be bad. Now I'm not sure...
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i got a dark horse so i only had the option between black+blue or black+more blue. if i were to get a GT, though, i would go for space grey because hopefully that heats up less than black, plus it switches it up from the common all black interior

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
i got a dark horse so i only had the option between black+blue or black+more blue. if i were to get a GT, though, i would go for space grey because hopefully that heats up less than black, plus it switches it up from the common all black interior
Kind of my thinking too. I'm getting a convertible and having lighter color seats might keep them a little cooler when it's sitting topless. Food for thought.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The lack of interior color options was a significant downside to the Dark Horse for me. I really don't like the blue and the lack of leather. I think offering at least a basic black would have been a better choice. Save the blue for the appearance pack or something like that.

I don't have any plans to track my car so cosmetics were more important to me, but I would have liked the Tremec.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I thought the gray was way too light for me if it was darker I would have probably gone for that but went all black cause I didn’t think red interior would mech well with vapor blue if would have went for dark matter gray which I was thinking about I would have gotten the red interior. I really rich though that the dark horse blue interior was available on the GT I would have payed whatever they asked lol

FroYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would like to get red one but this one is only option for dark color exterior which I don't like, with grabber blue black I guess is only option

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I was nearly 100% on going with all-black interior from the start. All my cars have had black interiors over the years. They tend to stay cleaner looking.

But I keep watching these reviews and I have to say I'm really coming around to some of the other seat color options, especially the "space grey" and the red. I also like the color matched seat belts.

What is the general consensus on interior color choice here? Has anyone changed their choice away from black based on photos or videos they've seen? That grey may be tough to keep clean but the red is dark enough that it shouldn't be bad. Now I'm not sure...
I have the gray in my 96 mustang (only color available on the GT) and 170,000 miles, 27 year latter it still looks pretty good without ever having been detailed cleaned. I have been somewhat careful not to put anything dirty on it but Los Angles smog and normal dust really haven't left a mark.
I would suggest if you carry dirty stuff from time to time you carry something you can put over the seat. I carry a few old bath towels just in case I should unexpectedly need something to protect the seats.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Kind of my thinking too. I'm getting a convertible and having lighter color seats might keep them a little cooler when it's sitting topless. Food for thought.
I ordered a convertible. I live in the south, and I went red. Never had a doubt that I wanted those red and black trimmed seats!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Same here for the Dark Horse with the Black/Indigo Blue accents.

If not that, I would have gone with Carmine Red interior.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
From a simple perspective, black is boring, white gets too dirty, red looks badass and is unique.
Red was an easy choice for me

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
With the choice of Space Gray which looked awfully white to me, I went with black. Not doing white seats again.

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Carmine red. Had to go with something other than black to make the 401a package worth it lol the two tone red seat belts are a nice bonus
Sponsored