• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So What Is Next After Submitting Order?

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Ok I have an order, what comes next? When do you put money down? Timeframe? Please help this Mustang Mama out in getting more info.. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
As long as you have an order number from your dealer and a confirmation email from ford that's about all you can do. We just wait till ford starts/schedules production.

Did your dealer take your info for the Customer Order Verification Program? Usually a drivers license and contact info. You should have completed a buyers order as well.

A deposit is really a condition between you and your particular dealer.

OP
OP
AZMustangMama

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
As long as you have an order number from your dealer and a confirmation email from ford that's about all you can do. We just wait till ford starts/schedules production.

Did your dealer take your info for the Customer Order Verification Program? Usually a drivers license and contact info. You should have completed a buyers order as well.

My dealer just took the info down, and then I got an email from Ford..

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
My dealer just took the info down, and then I got an email from Ford..
It sounds like you're good to go until Ford starts building our cars. You should get an email from Ford when your car is scheduled for production and is assigned a VIN. At that point you can track your progress here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

It may be several weeks before you hear anything.

OP
OP
AZMustangMama

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Once you have your Ford confirmation email that says congrats on your new car it’s just one long wait for the vehicle to be scheduled, produced, and shipped. This process can span anywhere from 1 month to several months. Once it arrives at your dealer, then you make an appointment with your salesman. Then you show up at the time of your appointment and purchase the car like you would any other car.

Ok I have an order, what comes next? When do you put money down? Timeframe? Please help this Mustang Mama out in getting more info.. Thanks in advance.

Bluvape24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt mustang

Where do I find my order number? Is it on the order summary?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Where do I find my order number? Is it on the order summary?
Mine was. It was listed as part of the order summary.

It's not always clear, so if you can't find it, just reach back out to your salesperson.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ok I have an order, what comes next?
Over time, Ford should be sending you e-mails. Your salesperson will occasionally send updates.

You could be in for a wait. That's OK. Until the car is scheduled for production, nothing is happening.

Once the car is scheduled to be made, you'll get a rough build date and a VIN.

As the car is nearing the line, you'll get access to a window sticker you can download.

After being built, you'll be notified the car will be staged to be shipped and ultimately received.

At any point, there can be pauses, delays and re-schedules. All normal.

Now is a good time to take care of any other things. Financing, insurance, cleaning supplies, aftermarket items. Whatever you can do beforehand.

It's also a good idea to shop around for tint, Paint Protection Film, ceramic coatings, etc. If you're interested in these things, you can take time and find a shop you're comfortable with. The dealer probably offers these services. Some dealers are good. Some not.

For anyone, before taking receipt...

Owners often ask that the front license plate mount NOT be installed (with drilling into the bumper facade). Depending on the model, it's not very appealing. Just chuck the plate mount in the trunk. It's a personal decision. I'm required to have a front plate; it sits on the floor inside the car. If you don't want the mount, tell them and confirm. When the car is being shipped might be a good time.

Unless agreed to beforehand, clarify with the dealer you will not be accepting any add-ons. No undercoating, nitrogen in the tires, special break lights, etc. Every once in a great while, a dealer likes to slip in a few surprises.

Ask the dealer to gather up any papers in the car and stow them in the trunk. At the factory, right after the car is built, they leave the build sheets in the car; these are often thrown out when the car arrives at the dealer. It's the one time in the car's life you can have factory docs. It's cool. Anyone holding their car long-term, especially collectors, they are nice to have.

For anyone taking receipt...

The salesperson will ask for proof of insurance. I lined everything up months before, then hit the activate button the week before the car arrived.

They'll probably ask that the Ford Pass App be installed on your phone. You don't have to do this. But the app does provide some useful insight.

Do a really good walk around and function check. Possibly drive it down the street and back. Do a really good walk around, again.

It's generally a good idea to ask the car NOT be cleaned. You have skin in the game. You own it. You know you'll clean it well. The dealer? Meh. They can often cause more scratches and issues. Let them do their checkouts at arrival. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AZMustangMama

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Over time, Ford should be sending you e-mails. Your salesperson will occasionally send updates.

You could be in for a wait. That's OK. Until the car is scheduled for production, nothing is happening.

Once the car is scheduled to be made, you'll get a rough build date and a VIN.

As the car is nearing the line, you'll get access to a window sticker you can download.

After being built, you'll be notified the car will be staged to be shipped and ultimately received.

At any point, there can be pauses, delays and re-schedules. All normal.

Now is a good time to take care of any other things. Financing, insurance, cleaning supplies, aftermarket items. Whatever you can do beforehand.

It's also a good idea to shop around for tint, Paint Protection Film, ceramic coatings, etc. If you're interested in these things, you can take time and find a shop you're comfortable with. The dealer probably offers these services. Some dealers are good. Some not.

For anyone, before taking receipt...

Owners often ask that the front license plate mount NOT be installed (with drilling into the bumper facade). Depending on the model, it's not very appealing. Just chuck the plate mount in the trunk. It's a personal decision. I'm required to have a front plate; it sits on the floor inside the car. If you don't want the mount, tell them and confirm. When the car is being shipped might be a good time.

Unless agreed to beforehand, clarify with the dealer you will not be accepting any add-ons. No undercoating, nitrogen in the tires, special break lights, etc. Every once in a great while, a dealer likes to slip in a few surprises.

Ask the dealer to gather up any papers in the car and stow them in the trunk. At the factory, right after the car is built, they leave the build sheets in the car; these are often thrown out when the car arrives at the dealer. It's the one time in the car's life you can have factory docs. It's cool. Anyone holding their car long-term, especially collectors, they are nice to have.

For anyone taking receipt...

The salesperson will ask for proof of insurance. I lined everything up months before, then hit the activate button the week before the car arrived.

They'll probably ask that the Ford Pass App be installed on your phone. You don't have to do this. But the app does provide some useful insight.

Do a really good walk around and function check. Possibly drive it down the street and back. Do a really good walk around, again.

It's generally a good idea to ask the car NOT be cleaned. You have skin in the game. You own it. You know you'll clean it well. The dealer? Meh. They can often cause more scratches and issues. Let them do their checkouts at arrival. Otherwise, leave it alone.
Thank you- this was excellent and very helpful!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
One topic I forgot about which will come up at closing: extended warranties.

At the time of closing, something the supporting dealer will offer is an extended warranty, additional coverage which supports the car, after the original factory warranty expires.

Some like extended warranties for peace of mind. It's a new car, new generation. You might like having an extended warranty, you might feel OK to go without. No wrong decision here.

If you're still considering this option, you do not have to purchase an extended warranty at closing. You can purchase an extended warranty any time within the original, factory warranty (3yr, 36,000 miles / 57,900 km).

Extended warranties are an opportunity for the selling dealer to pad their margin. They might offer a fair price. They may not. You have plenty of time to shop around and can buy one from several Ford sources. If I remember correctly, Granger Ford was previously, might still, offering extended warranties at near cost.

Last edited:

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Waiting. That is what’s next. Hoping it’s just a few months of waiting and not the wait that was experienced with the broncos.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Hey op, you unknowingly did the very next thing - start a thread that will span 40 pages before the first car hits a dealer lot. 😀

No offense to the high quality posters above.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
I'm going to politely disagree with "financing". Sole reason being that rates are so volatile, and I'm expecting them to actually go lower before I'm ready to finance any balance I may have (wife and I may just pay cash if rates are too high). I'd shop around for financing just to see which places may generally offer decent rates, but I wouldn't commit to anything until pretty darn close to delivery.
Sponsored