• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So, S650 is a coupe again!

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I feel like there cannot be "fastback" without "notchback"

With only one hard roofline - I think coupe suffices. There no differentiation needed.
Sponsored

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Mustang GT, Ford Edge Sport
When S550 was launched, Ford brought back the Fastback name. I believe I'm right in saying this was the first time since '68 as Ford have used various names for the "hard top" Mustang through the generations

65-68 = Fastback
69-73 = Sportsroof
74-78 = Hatchback or Saloon
79-93 = Hatchback or Notch
94-04 = Coupe
05-14 = Coupe
15-23 = Fastback
24+ = Coupe

Having watched numerous YouTube reviews, I thought perhaps the presenters were just more used to calling coupes......well, coupes! However, even Ford's official comms call it a coupe again.

Does it really matter? No, of course not. But Fastback just sounds so darned cool!

https://mustang.fordpresskits.com/

"Building on the legendary style of previous generations, the new Mustang comes in coupe and convertible form with an edgier and more impactful design"
The terminology of coupe was to reference a two door car like the sedans are considered a four door car. The current Mustang is considered a fastback coupe, or a convertible coupe. Back in the day. Hotrod builder mainly built coupes because a sedan had to many doors.

terrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi, Valiant VG ute 1971
I don't mind that info..... im new to mustang- from Australia. so put an order for the 2024 ( deposit) to get in the queue..... Im buying it as collectible which will spend most of its time garaged ( maybe last of the V8's ?), but coupe vs fastback info is interesting to people like me that know very little about mustangs ( but learning from folk like you all on forums)....
Sponsored