• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shipping during strike!?!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Do any of you know if Ford will keep shipping throughout the strike? I have seen on a Facebook post that some transport companies will not be shipping the "Big 3" vehicles to support the strike. Has anyone heard this?
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Do any of you know if Ford will keep shipping throughout the strike? I have seen on a Facebook post that some transport companies will not be shipping the "Big 3" vehicles to support the strike. Has anyone heard this?
So I specifically asked my dealer this question when picking up my car.

Their response was as long as your car has left the plant, you should be good. So the short answer to your question is "yes."

As far as whether certain 3rd party logistic companies opt to decline shipments from Ford in solidarity with the UAW, that's entirely up to them and is not Ford's decision.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car was marked as shipped this morning?
Mine was marked as shipped on 9/6, but has not actually left Dearborn yet. It is stuck at "Ramp 59". Shipped from Flat Rock to Dearborn. I bet if you check it is not actually on the road. My dealer sends me screenshots of the GPS location a couple times a week.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
When the strike first began, the Teamsters advised they would not cross any picket lines. There are currently no lines I'm aware of at either Flat Rock or Dearborn; this gives me promise cars continue to ship.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-contract-negotiations-teamsters/70836748007/

"We are 100% supportive of UAW workers and Shawn Fain's positions," said Kevin Moore, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 299, home of James R. Hoffa in Detroit, which represents 5,000 members and most freight car haulers. "Our Teamsters will not cross strike lines."

"The scope of support for the UAW also includes the United Steelworkers, AFL-CIO, Service Employees International (SEIU), Starbucks Workers United, American Federation of Teachers (AFT), American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and CWA (Communications Workers of America)."

UAW was quoted this morning saying that, if progress is not made on these issues by Friday this week, the amount of stoppages and picket lines will increase in several other locations, for longer periods.

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/19/uaw...ress-contract-with-automakers-by-noon-friday/

“We’re not going to keep waiting around forever while they drag this out ... and we’re not messing around,” Fain said in announcing the noon Eastern time Friday deadline for escalating the strike unless there is “serious progress” in the talks.

Ford, General Motors and Stellantis said they want to settle the strike, and they held back from directly criticizing the escalation threat.

So far the strike is limited to about 13,000 workers at a Ford assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan, a GM factory in Wentzville, Missouri, and a Stellantis plant in Toledo, Ohio.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
When the strike first began, the Teamsters advised they would not cross any picket lines. There are currently no lines I'm aware of at either Flat Rock or Dearborn; this gives me promise cars continue to ship.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-contract-negotiations-teamsters/70836748007/

"We are 100% supportive of UAW workers and Shawn Fain's positions," said Kevin Moore, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 299, home of James R. Hoffa in Detroit, which represents 5,000 members and most freight car haulers. "Our Teamsters will not cross strike lines."

"The scope of support for the UAW also includes the United Steelworkers, AFL-CIO, Service Employees International (SEIU), Starbucks Workers United, American Federation of Teachers (AFT), American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and CWA (Communications Workers of America)."

UAW was quoted this morning saying that, if progress is not made on these issues by Friday this week, the amount of stoppages and picket lines will increase in several other locations, for longer periods.

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/19/uaw...ress-contract-with-automakers-by-noon-friday/
Not all 3PL drivers are Teamsters though (and not all cars are delivered by truck), FWIW.

So yeah, it's a complicated situation.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

“We’re not going to keep waiting around forever while they drag this out ... and we’re not messing around,” Fain said in announcing the noon Eastern time Friday deadline for escalating the strike unless there is “serious progress” in the talks.

Ford, General Motors and Stellantis said they want to settle the strike, and they held back from directly criticizing the escalation threat.

So far the strike is limited to about 13,000 workers at a Ford assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan, a GM factory in Wentzville, Missouri, and a Stellantis plant in Toledo, Ohio.
Thanks for the info. Its hard to find any of this very quick. I figured someone was up to speed on our forum.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
mine was buily 9/6 updated 9/16 but still not shipped! im guessing as its a limited strike as of now this will still move that will end if theres a ll out walk out though!!

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Everything I've seen, read, and heard matches with other's comments. As long as there is no strike line, cars will continue to ship. Mine was trucked from the CSX rail yard (where it sat for 10 days awaiting transport) Monday, and I picked it up yesterday. The driver told my dealer they have not heard of any intention of just stopping transporting cars.

That all being said, this MAY escalate a more if the UAW feels there is no progress, but they can't just full out strike all 3 companies. Two reasons: 1) they can't afford it. They wouldn't last more than 10 - 12 weeks before they have no money left. 2) if they do go full strike against all 3, the government steps in immediately.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Flat Rock is not under strike and therefore I would suspect that any logistical part of a Flat Rock built car will not be affected.
This is evident by many cars being delivered and having status changes in the last week or so

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
My nephew is a Teamster driver that hauls autos for the big three. His union steward told his group that if a factory is struck they WILL NOT haul vehicles from that plant. They will continue to haul cars for plants not under strike.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My dark horse was built on 9/18. Really hope they can get it out of there soon. It would really suck that it gets held up in shipping because of the strike. My GT order won't be built till 10/9.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 oxford white blue stripe, sold. 2020 oxford white GT500 waiting to come home.
Not sure if strike related or not but was told on Monday my car was at Dearborn truck plant, I think it’s the famous ramp 59, and had a ETA of 9/21 at the latest. Called today and now ETA is 9/27-10/03, pushed back 1 to 2 weeks. What is going on, car has been produced since 09/10, and my dealer is only 40 miles from FR and only 20 miles from Dearborn Truck. This is getting very stupid already 🤨

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if strike related or not but was told on Monday my car was at Dearborn truck plant, I think it’s the famous ramp 59, and had a ETA of 9/21 at the latest. Called today and now ETA is 9/27-10/03, pushed back 1 to 2 weeks. What is going on, car has been produced since 09/10, and my dealer is only 40 miles from FR and only 20 miles from Dearborn Truck. This is getting very stupid already 🤨
They told me the same thing today. Mine was built 8/28 and shipped to Dearborn 9/6. I asked if there was a hold on my vehicle and they said no. My new delivery date is 9/26.
Sponsored