• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Teamsters are siding with UAW if they strike

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Not terribly surprising, according to this article from Ford Authority, if the UAW strikes the Teamsters will not deliver vehicles.

Not going to get into the politics of it, but good to know if you're waiting on shipment.

Teamsters will not deliver vehicles during strike.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-contract-negotiations-teamsters/70836748007/

"We are 100% supportive of UAW workers and Shawn Fain's positions," said Kevin Moore, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 299, home of James R. Hoffa in Detroit, which represents 5,000 members and most freight car haulers. "Our Teamsters will not cross strike lines."

Now, I wonder if other groups will join. We'll see...

"The scope of support for the UAW also includes the United Steelworkers, AFL-CIO, Service Employees International (SEIU), Starbucks Workers United, American Federation of Teachers (AFT), American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and CWA (Communications Workers of America)."

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
Just my luck. My car was listed as built this morning. So near, yet so far away. Premium GT convertible, automatic, 401A, PP, magnaride, and active exhaust.

S650 Mustang Teamsters are siding with UAW if they strike Screenshot (11)

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
When I pulled in they completely reorganized and emptied out our shipping lots, also hearing various lines were cleared out early to prepare for a “shutdown situation “

I really didn’t believe that there would be a strike… I still don’t… but if both sides are bluffing… they’re doing it convincingly so.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Dealers could send a pool of drivers to collect vehicles from Norfolk Southern terminals or hire others I assume if the haulers decide to strike. Who knows. I chose to purchase an in transit vehicle instead of waiting to have one built months from now that was ordered and now this. It’s just ironic. Ofcourse the drivers who make runs from Norfolk Southern rail yards to the dealer may not be members of the teamsters so probably irrelevant…..

edit: Looks like United Road is the company that moved cars from the Norfolk Southern Petersburg Rail Yard to my dealer and the are most certainly a Teamster member. Fuuuuuuuuuuudge

Last edited:

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Well that sucks to hear. I am not upset about the strike. Really any delays are fords fault be it the strike or just not shipping in a timely manner. I am now going on three weeks of my car just sitting in a lot and it looks like its gonna be longer.
Sponsored