• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saleen has IP screens bezel cover

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Prefer the factory look. This just looks too bulky. I reallly don't mind the look of the screens now that I've actually seen them in action.
Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I like it!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Did you mean that Steve Saleen is a joke?
hasn't that been true for a while now? if you extend the definition of 'joke' to include bad styling and charging huge markups on negligible content... Back in the fox body days he was a righteous soul, probably, but he has precious little to offer IMO since S550 days or perhaps also S197.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
so no one has experienced sunrise/set glare or even noonday and not have the screen completely wash out or otherwise unreadable?

I agree the design looks a little 'heavy' but I think it's an improvement.
We have a convertible and drive with the top down all the time. Morning to night and we haven’t noticed the screen being washed out under the Florida sun. It’s obviously more difficult to see at certain times but never washed out at least for us. And I’ll add more difficult meaning it’s not as bright as it is when it is dark outside.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Too bulky looking for me. I have a question about the screens though. Can you see them using polarized eyeglasses? My Android looks blank when using it sideways. Works fine in portrait mode though. Just curious.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Saleen missed the mark on everything in my opinion, it looks like a geriatric mustang, someone went overkill with adding stupid things, that wing is absolutely god awfull, accenting the continental tires? Really? The interior is horrid there is literally not a single aspect of the build that I find appealing and wouldn’t even stop to look at this thing. Not hating I love saleen but Christ man!! The 2000 era saleen was unreal with the gill side scoops the paint match cover convertible and sporty style of the body, this just screams retirement home

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Too bulky looking for me. I have a question about the screens though. Can you see them using polarized eyeglasses? My Android looks blank when using it sideways. Works fine in portrait mode though. Just curious.
My wife has a pair of polarized glasses and she sees the screen fine

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
you know, when i bought my Mustang i always wondered how i could pay thousands repeatedly over the summer because of premature display, IPC, and APIM replacements, all without being covered by warranty because it's my fault. glad to see Saleen has the answer for me!

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
We have a convertible and drive with the top down all the time. Morning to night and we haven’t noticed the screen being washed out under the Florida sun. It’s obviously more difficult to see at certain times but never washed out at least for us. And I’ll add more difficult meaning it’s not as bright as it is when it is dark outside.
Agreed, I drive top down 90% of the time, no issues with glare washing out screen. That cover is horrendous BTW.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Please note that this screen bezel is based on the two separate screens of the base version Mustang. Saleen always uses non PP base spec cars for their conversions, since they ditch the suspension, brakes and upholstery anyway. Unfortunately with the 2024 that means you get those hideous 2 separate iPads as well and this is how they try to hide that.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Please note that this screen bezel is based on the two separate screens of the base version Mustang. Saleen always uses non PP base spec cars for their conversions, since they ditch the suspension, brakes and upholstery anyway. Unfortunately with the 2024 that means you get those hideous 2 separate iPads as well and this is how they try to hide that.
Understood, but that IP cover still looks like it was made in a middle-school paper mache class