• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This pic truly shows just how much the S650 looks more like a Camaro than a Mustang. Probably the first time a redesign doesn't make the current model look old and outdated. The S60 just looks like the current Camaro.
incorrect. It shows just how much the Camaro looks like the mustang.

the Camaro looked like the s550 as well amd tgat was because, outside of the late 70s through Nineties, the camaro has always tried to copy the mustang since itā€™s inception.

long hood, short deck, broad shoulders and haunches, etc. they are in the same category so there is bound to be similarities.

but in reality, the 650 doesnā€™t look much like a 6g camaro. It actually shares a lot more aesthetic dna with Aston Martin and the jaguar f type, but with a more modern, angularaesthetic to roll with the times as well as adding nice, modern callbacks to early mustangs.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow. I can't be mad at Ford, the S550 is just a beautiful car. Hard to improve on it. The S650 looks bland, and boring compared to the S550. The S650 is sketch version of the S550. And it's a FNV. Lose-lose.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Wow. I can't be mad at Ford, the S550 is just a beautiful car. Hard to improve on it. The S650 looks bland, and boring compared to the S550. The S650 is sketch version of the S550. And it's a FNV. Lose-lose.
Bruh why you even on the forum fr

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
S650 looks a lot sharper. Throw some springs and spacers on there and people will start drooling.

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I think the S550 looks dated on that picture (still a nice car, don't get me wrong). The S650 is what it was intended to be: a frefresh.

I think some doubters in this forum will change their mind once they see the car in person.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Bruh why you even on the forum fr
Does my opinion bother you? Aww. Fweewings huht? I'm also on the Camaro forums, and they actually don't mind when I up the Mustangs. Go figure.

I'm sorry if you work for Ford or have YT channel dedicated to Mustangs. Ford dropped the ball with the S650s. It is what it is.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Does my opinion bother you? Aww. Fweewings huht? I'm also on the Camaro forums, and they actually don't mind when I up the Mustangs. Go figure.

I'm sorry if you work for Ford or have YT channel dedicated to Mustangs. Ford dropped the ball with the S650s. It is what it is.
Thank you for your opinion. It does appear that yours is of the minority opinion, but still valid. Enjoy your time on the forums. I can't wait to get my DH later this year šŸ˜

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
This pic truly shows just how much the S650 looks more like a Camaro than a Mustang. Probably the first time a redesign doesn't make the current model look old and outdated. The S60 just looks like the current Camaro.
Maybe that is why the Camaro is dead, the tooling when to ford

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I think some doubters in this forum will change their mind once they see the car in person.
Exterior, maybe. Interior, not a chance.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
A nice comparison between the Gen 6 and Gen 7 in black. Does the Gen 7 have a small rear wing (ducktail) or does the angle confuses the eyes?

black comparison.jpg
Huh? The concave tails are a direct tie-back to the 1967 fastback

1967-Ford-mustang-Fastback-3-e1579044973320-609x390.jpg
It actually looks good there. I think someone dragged the mouse a little too far on the new design which makes the trunk look oddly flat and overly pronounced.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Exterior, maybe. Interior, not a chance.
Yeah, I wanted a new interior so bad for 5-10 years, I would take almost anything. Def a failure except the flat steering wheel. It could grow on me. I do want to see the ext. in person. The blue lights at auto shows (pics) and bad amateur pictures are not good. I wanted to go to DC auto show, but it was terrible trash and not worth the time last year. Could only see the Z06 from afar. No imports or luxury lines.

I am not optimistic for 7Gen. The lights look too small and the whole body looks out of Wack when divided into 3 sections. The DH front plastic is terrible. I like the taillights idea, but I say no. The 7G does not look like muscle.
Sponsored