• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My opinion the dark horse wasn’t a good enough selling point, they should have figured how to push more power out of it, I think if it was at least 600hp or even had a boosted 5.0 they would have sold like Hot cakes.

another thing is they could have used the dial intakes only on the dark horse and left the GT where it was that may have been enough to persuade a-lot more people?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
I am glad to see they did remember that the 21 GTs had more power. Ford wants you to forget that. They did neglect to mention the 21 mach 1 has 480 hp and all 18-21 GT/Mach had more torque than the new GT. If you argue that is negligible then so is the new GT with active exhaust HP advantage. They obviously are not going to highlight you can get that back with a simple filter removal in a 22/23.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I am glad to see they did remember that the 21 GTs had more power. Ford wants you to forget that. They did neglect to mention the 21 mach 1 has 480 hp and all 18-21 GT/Mach had more torque than the new GT. If you argue that is negligible then so is the new GT with active exhaust HP advantage. They obviously are not going to highlight you can get that back with a simple filter removal in a 22/23.
Exactly. Amazing how Ford (with the help of the EPA) managed to lower HP/TQ numbers just before the release of the S650. 😂 Yet somehow the Camaro and Mopar were not affected.

At least it's an easy fix.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Exactly. Amazing how Ford (with the help of the EPA) managed to lower HP/TQ numbers just before the release of the S650. 😂 Yet somehow the Camaro and Mopar were not affected.

At least it's an easy fix.
They did this in 1993 with the gt. The 92 had 225hp, and the 93 had 205hp. They claimed it was a rating change. I think it was because they claimed the 94 had 215hp, to make it look like an improvement. But that is just me. I guess my way of thinking could be applied for the 22 and 23 to get ready for the 24 making it look like an improvement of torque, but this time the horsepower difference showed up on the dyno.
Sponsored