• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 vs. Cadillac CT6

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
I am considering purchasing a used 2019 Cadillac CT6 over the GT I have on order. Does anyone here have experience owning a Cadillac? If so, what were the associated cost like? (Oil changes, alignments, etc.)
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Caddy dealers like to charge a LOT, but there is nothing special about what they do, so just take it to your local Chevy. The CT5V is more comparable to the GT except in motor and backseat access.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Which motor? CT6 can be had with the 2.0L Turbo, 3.6L V6, 3.6L TT and I believe there is a V8 option in the V series.

With that said.....My son has had a CTS / XTS and currently an ATS and they have all had lots of issues with suspension as they age. (2) of those have had the known issue with radio screen delaminating causing the radio to go wacky.

My daughter has an XTS and hers has not been as bad but still issues with screen delaminating causing the controls for radio and such to go wacky.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
There are two very different cars - why the potential switch? Unless you're looking at a BW (black wing) then I'm taking the ordered GT. The v6 caddy would be fun for awhile, but again, they are two very different cars.

Cadillac service isn't terribly expensive (for being a "luxury" brand). Having said that, you can make it even more reasonable by going to a third party shop. There isn't much special with Cadillac's that they HAVE to go to a Cadillac dealer for service. It is still just a GM with a shiny badge.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
There are two very different cars - why the potential switch? Unless you're looking at a BW (black wing) then I'm taking the ordered GT. The v6 caddy would be fun for awhile, but again, they are two very different cars.

Cadillac service isn't terribly expensive (for being a "luxury" brand). Having said that, you can make it even more reasonable by going to a third party shop. There isn't much special with Cadillac's that they HAVE to go to a Cadillac dealer for service. It is still just a GM with a shiny badge.
I bought a 2022 CT4-VV BlackWing. All the reviews had it as a great car and overall handling was better than its CT5-VV Blackwing brother. The initial break-in was limited until you got a certain number of miles on the car. Once that was up I drove the car hard. Honestly, I was underwhelmed. I had more fun driving my ScatPack than the Cadillac plus I have owned a V8 since I was 16 and the Cadillac just didn't trip my trigger. Looking back I should have went and just waited for the CT5 Blackwing but the waiting list was ridiculous and all the reviews made it seem the CT4 was the better OVERALL car.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a 2022 CT4-VV BlackWing. All the reviews had it as a great car and overall handling was better than its CT5-VV Blackwing brother. The initial break-in was limited until you got a certain number of miles on the car. Once that was up I drove the car hard. Honestly, I was underwhelmed. I had more fun driving my ScatPack than the Cadillac plus I have owned a V8 since I was 16 and the Cadillac just didn't trip my trigger. Looking back I should have went and just waited for the CT5 Blackwing but the waiting list was ridiculous and all the reviews made it seem the CT4 was the better OVERALL car.
Yeah, if I were seriously considering any of those cars... it would likely be the CT5-V BW, for the 6.2 SC. It is basically Caddy's version of the Hellcat BUT it comes in 6 speed. 😁

FWIW - I previously owned a '21 Charger ScatPack WB & I just got rid of my '22 Charger Hellcat. I liked both of those cars, but deep down I missed my real sports car with a manual... and now I'm here lol.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, if I were seriously considering any of those cars... it would likely be the CT5-V BW, for the 6.2 SC. It is basically Caddy's version of the Hellcat BUT it comes in 6 speed. 😁

FWIW - I previously owned a '21 Charger ScatPack WB & I just got rid of my '22 Charger Hellcat. I liked both of those cars, but deep down I missed my real sports car with a manual... and now I'm here lol.
I went with the 10-speed auto. I have a neuro-muscular condition and getting in stop and go traffic with my Mach1 with the 6 speed at times proved taxing as my leg would fatigue quickly. I hope the MT82 improvements are actually improvements. The Tremec in my Mach1 was a fantastic transmission!! The MT82 in my previous Mustangs was not that great.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the 10-speed auto. I have a neuro-muscular condition and getting in stop and go traffic with my Mach1 with the 6 speed at times proved taxing as my leg would fatigue quickly. I hope the MT82 improvements are actually improvements. The Tremec in my Mach1 was a fantastic transmission!! The MT82 in my previous Mustangs was not that great.
Yeah, I've heard various reviews with both transmissions. I've had a tremec in a couple of cars, (Camaro 2SS that I can recall off the top of my head) and I don't recall it being anything spectacular over others. It wasn't garbage, but it had its faults just like anything else. It certainly wasn't the holy truth like some people make it out to be.

FWIW - I rarely drive in stop/go traffic and my "fun" car is never my go-to daily driver. I have multiple vehicles, so the Mustang needs to be as fun as possible lol.

I debated on going with the 10 speed auto because of the MT82, but most true manual guys basically say there is no substitute. I've heard the paddle response is laggy and takes away from the experience. I wouldn't expect a Mustang to have a world class auto transmission anyway. I did spend a day in a new GT500, with the dual clutch, and that was a pretty impressive transmission overall. It was clunky at times but it shifts very quickly. I would still opt for a manual (obviously not an option in a GT500).

OP
OP
S65026

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
Which motor? CT6 can be had with the 2.0L Turbo, 3.6L V6, 3.6L TT and I believe there is a V8 option in the V series.

With that said.....My son has had a CTS / XTS and currently an ATS and they have all had lots of issues with suspension as they age. (2) of those have had the known issue with radio screen delaminating causing the radio to go wacky.

My daughter has an XTS and hers has not been as bad but still issues with screen delaminating causing the controls for radio and such to go wacky.
It has the 3.0 TT.

OP
OP
S65026

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6

The reason for the switch is because it is cheaper, has over 400 hp, and is something that not only I, but my family aswell, will enjoy.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason for the switch is because it is cheaper, has over 400 hp, and is something that not only I, but my family aswell, will enjoy.
Gotcha, everyone has their reasons. I was just a bit surprised that the two cars are being cross-shopped... as it is really switching gears. The CT6 is not a sports car, although they are still nice. I had ordered/purchased a Charger Hellcat for similar reason, and that didn't last.lol. I don't daily drive my "fun" cars though either...

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had a Q50 Red Sport at one time. Similar market as the CT6.. V6 TT, over 400 hp, AWD. It is actually quite a bit quicker than a CT6 but the drive is just too sterile. Sure, it is a quick sedan but fairly boring to drive.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
If you're in a cross shopping mood,Audi rs5 if you want v8 and AWD and auto. Or a 2012 S5 which is AWD v8 and 6mt.

I got up close and personal with an awd f150 chassis to eamine at the Rouge plant. The same setup could work on the mustang. I can't fathom why they don't even try.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're in a cross shopping mood,Audi rs5 if you want v8 and AWD and auto. Or a 2012 S5 which is AWD v8 and 6mt.

I got up close and personal with an awd f150 chassis to eamine at the Rouge plant. The same setup could work on the mustang. I can't fathom why they don't even try.
A mustang shouldn't be AWD IMO... I wouldn't want one.

OP
OP
S65026

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
A mustang shouldn't be AWD IMO... I wouldn't want one.
I feel like Chevy is kinda forcing Ford’s hand into building a high performance AWD hybrid.
Sponsored