• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
How long after ordering at your dealer did you get a build date? I ordered 3 weeks ago .
Cheers
Mark
It depends on what you have ordered

The UK is getting a batch of pre-configured build slots for the first cars ordered. These have been configured by Ford and will be built in about 4 weeks time for delivery late May / early June.

If you have factory ordered something not in this first batch then you will be waiting a while yet, as factory orders will probably not start until June.

So if you have one of the first batch on order your dealer will now be able to give you a predicted build week, I can tell you know it will be the first or second week of April. The actual build date (or blend date as it is known) will be allocated when your VIN is allocated, about 2 weeks before build.

Once you have your VIN you will be able to download your 'window sticker' which has some build info on it.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How long after ordering at your dealer did you get a build date? I ordered 3 weeks ago .
Cheers
Mark
Mine had the build from the beginning as I ordered mine as soon as order banks opened

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
The UK is getting a batch of pre-configured build slots for the first cars ordered. These have been configured by Ford and will be built in about 4 weeks time for delivery late May / early June.

If you have factory ordered something not in this first batch then you will be waiting a while yet, as factory orders will probably not start until June.
Hi from the Europe Section 😊. Wanted to just ask a quick question regarding the definition of factory orders? Aren't all our orders factory orders considering, the small amount of choices we had in the configurator: paint colour, Recaros or not, Magneride, etc. Or its just pure luck that a configuration happens to match one that Ford preplanned?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Before you could order any spec you liked and Ford would build it, now Ford are building what they want to build and you can order one of those, where as before if you wanted a Recaros they could change things to suit your order now they cannot

markimark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Black.
Yep - if you order other (via your dealer) than the prebuilds the Ford system wont let you place the order. Just changed my order to one of the prebuilds and have est build date of April 5th.
My dealer just confirmed this and has been amazing :cool: Huge smile now :-)

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi from the Europe Section 😊. Wanted to just ask a quick question regarding the definition of factory orders? Aren't all our orders factory orders considering, the small amount of choices we had in the configurator: paint colour, Recaros or not, Magneride, etc. Or its just pure luck that a configuration happens to match one that Ford preplanned?
A true factory order (coming later in the summer) is where you choose your spec and order it. The first cars were configured by Ford and so if it happens to match what you want then bingo! If not you will have to wait. The dealer demo cars are included in these first builds as well.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Ah ok good to know thanks for the info 😊. So I might be lucky or not: 2 weeks ago I ordered a Dark Horse with Blue Atlas colour, automatic transmission and no Recaros. We'll see if it matches a prebuilt model or not 🤷‍♂️

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is this right, so for example i can order later in the year and get what i want but right now i can only get what they are building ?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah ok good to know thanks for the info 😊. So I might be lucky or not: 2 weeks ago I ordered a Dark Horse with Blue Atlas colour, automatic transmission and no Recaros. We'll see if it matches a prebuilt model or not 🤷‍♂️
I'm not sure what is happening outside the UK. We are RHD so our batch of cars may not be the same as yours.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this right, so for example i can order later in the year and get what i want but right now i can only get what they are building ?
Yes, but of course one of the cars they are building maybe the spec you want anyway. But if you want a vapour blue GT with Magneride , A10 and red callipers I'm afraid I have got it! :giggle:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Wish i'd found this thread earlier!
I ordered a DH in the main DH colour (blue ember) for some reason this wasn't one of the options ford chose to build! So it's a factory order. Which i've been told wont be until Q2 at the earliest.

I did find out today that dealers could order from a vehicle set bank.
But it seems like it's luck if you get one of those or not.

They did mention about MY2024 and MY2024.5 spec so i assume .5s are the unlucky ones that are a factory order that may get built this year who knows ford certainly dont.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish i'd found this thread earlier!
I ordered a DH in the main DH colour (blue ember) for some reason this wasn't one of the options ford chose to build! So it's a factory order. Which i've been told wont be until Q2 at the earliest.

I did find out today that dealers could order from a vehicle set bank.
But it seems like it's luck if you get one of those or not.

They did mention about MY2024 and MY2024.5 spec so i assume .5s are the unlucky ones that are a factory order that may get built this year who knows ford certainly dont.
All UK cars are 2024.5

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
All UK cars are 2024.5
My dealer had a bulletin from ford when i ordered that said a limited number of the first wave would be MY2024's and that there was no specification difference between 24 and 24.5 only that 24.5 added the nite pony appearance pack option on gt's.

This may have changed in the meantime as this was weeks ago, he did show me all of the UK orders that had a build date for april. It gave me confidence that if i ordered there and then my car would be built in april. How wrong could I be, they're not even going to acknowledge the order until then at the earliest

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer had a bulletin from ford when i ordered that said a limited number of the first wave would be MY2024's and that there was no specification difference between 24 and 24.5 only that 24.5 added the nite pony appearance pack option on gt's.

This may have changed in the meantime as this was weeks ago, he did show me all of the UK orders that had a build date for april. It gave me confidence that if i ordered there and then my car would be built in april. How wrong could I be, they're not even going to acknowledge the order until then at the earliest
My confirmed order (in the first batch) is MY2024.5

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
My order is also confirmed and also a MY2024.5
Sponsored