• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Panels not well aligned

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
S650 Mustang S650 Panels not well aligned Screenshot_20220918-094317_YouTube
S650 Mustang S650 Panels not well aligned Screenshot_20220918-094309_YouTube

I am a huge Mustang fan from 2005 until now. From all the cars that are available at the market, for some reason I find the Mustang the coolest car.

But one thing bothers me all the time.
Panels that are not great aligned.

I've seen many brands, but on the Mustang it's a normal thing that you will have a brand new car, straight from the factory with panels that don't fit nicely.

When the Mustang was still cheap and affordable I kind of looked at it and accepted the fact that a Mustang is not a high end luxury car, but an affordable sports car with cheap plastic and stuff.

But I can't say anynore that the Mustang is a cheap sports car. It's still kind of affordable if you compare it too many other cars, but it is now coming to a price range where you should not see these kind of things.

I've seen so many panels that are mismatched.
- hood
- bumpers
- side panels
- trunk

Every car comes with a different flaw on it when talking about the panel alignment.

Look at the two pictures I posted. On the left top side of the lights, the panel is not aligned that well.

I think I would be upset when ordering a new car and seeing this.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Screenshot_20220918-094317_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220918-094309_YouTube.jpg

I am a huge Mustang fan from 2005 until now. From all the cars that are available at the market, for some reason I find the Mustang the coolest car.

But one thing bothers me all the time.
Panels that are not great aligned.

I've seen many brands, but on the Mustang it's a normal thing that you will have a brand new car, straight from the factory with panels that don't fit nicely.

When the Mustang was still cheap and affordable I kind of looked at it and accepted the fact that a Mustang is not a high end luxury car, but an affordable sports car with cheap plastic and stuff.

But I can't say anynore that the Mustang is a cheap sports car. It's still kind of affordable if you compare it too many other cars, but it is now coming to a price range where you should not see these kind of things.

I've seen so many panels that are mismatched.
- hood
- bumpers
- side panels
- trunk

Every car comes with a different flaw on it when talking about the panel alignment.

Look at the two pictures I posted. On the left top side of the lights, the panel is not aligned that well.

I think I would be upset when ordering a new car and seeing this.
Are you serious bringing this up now? This is a preproduction car so none of that matters. Now if this continues on a production car we will have something to discuss. See you in 8 months.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
Are you serious bringing this up now? This is a preproduction car so none of that matters. Now if this continues on a production car we will have something to discuss. See you in 8 months.
As I already said. This is what I see on all Mustangs so far.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
As I already said. This is what I see on all Mustangs so far.
Yes, I understand. But this is not really a topic of conversation for this forum. All you will get are complaints about past and current cars (post #4). We have to wait and see if the S650 is better.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Yes, I understand. But this is not really a topic of conversation for this forum. All you will get are complaints about past and current cars (post #4). We have to wait and see if the S650 is better.
Dude, the 70+K GT500 ISNT even any better, ever thinking it will or MIGHT be better is just being naive.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Can’t wait for these to develop interior rattles and people to have to take off that flat screen TV to fix it

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I highly doubt we will see better alignment with S650. From what we can see we already see all the typical savings Ford is still pushing on the Mustang. Plastic parts on the exterieur not being painted (even on the ~$60k highend model), the laughable 1995 antenna on the convertible, multiple continued cheap plastic interior parts from S550.

Just have in mind that they build these showcars and can't even align them manually before putting them on display for the whole media world. Don't get your hopes up S650 will see a big quality difference to S550

Don't get me wrong, I love the S650 they revealed, especially the Dark Horse model. But sadly I still think quality wise the Mustang is pretty much a compromise for the delivered power.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I would like to think hopeful. Stop being so negative. At least we finally got to see our new car.
Any particular reason you seem so invested in this? You have a GT/CS, so are you desperate to paper-over the Ford legacy of not being able to do sheetmetal as well as Kia can on cars priced half as expensive?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Any particular reason you seem so invested in this? You have a GT/CS, so are you desperate to paper-over the Ford legacy of not being able to do sheetmetal as well as Kia can on cars priced half as expensive?
What can I say. I’m a glass half full kind of guy. Unlike some other people on here. :giggle::like:

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
So, just like every other Ford? What made you think it would change with the new mustang? :crackup: It’s the same people and machines putting them together.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Somebody posted a photo of the red vert as another example. You can clearly see in this video at 5:54 that the door was simply not fully closed. Seen it a million times at auto shows.

Sponsored