• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Convertible Owners

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It looks like it is bolted to me although some of the aftermarket ones mention they use double sided tape instead for some reason. These bolts I found under these grommets line up with the spoiler. Have a look in the attached video.

Very nice vid. Thanks. Almost slid out of my chair when I initially saw the grommet in your hand (oh, no don’t take the car apart - lol).

going out [o]n a limb here, since I’m not in possession of our car, yet. It does look like the trunk lid is molded the same for both w/spoiler and w/spoiler delete.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Very nice vid. Thanks. Almost slid out of my chair when I initially saw the grommet in your hand (oh, no don’t take the car apart - lol).

going out [o]n a limb here, since I’m not in possession of our car, yet. It does look like the trunk lid is molded the same for both w/spoiler and w/spoiler delete.
Yea, I had my doubts. I was preparing my "NO" if anyone asked me to remove the trunk lid liner. I'd probably break 3/4 of the clips even with a panel removal tool. Are you getting a spoiler? I kind of like this one but it says it won't work on a convertible. I wish they would explain why. It just uses tape and it seems the rear portion of the trunk is basically the same as the coupe.

S650 Mustang S650 Convertible Owners 1693663077681

S650 Mustang S650 Convertible Owners 1693663317094

OP
OP
rkmustang

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
Same as the PP factory wing, it will hit the antenna on the convertible every time you open the trunk. Notice the blade that comes on the convertible is shorter (only extend to the end of the trunk lid not over the rear quarter panel).

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Can someone take a picture of the plastic covers so I can show my dealer what I'm missing?
These are for the S550 but they look the same.
Can someone take a picture of the plastic covers so I can show my dealer what I'm missing?
S650 Mustang S650 Convertible Owners 1693666425545

These are for S550 but they look essentially the same. Early pictures of the S650 convertible showed them installed.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Same as the PP factory wing, it will hit the antenna on the convertible every time you open the trunk. Notice the blade that comes on the convertible is shorter (only extend to the end of the trunk lid not over the rear quarter panel).
Shorter antenna fixes that lo

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
No problem. I got an Atlas Blue Premium GT Convertible with a stick shift, active exhaust and Brembos.

IMG_1765.jpeg
This is the exact build I'm hoping to get. Congrats!

On the plastic pieces, I thought I read on a other thread that they need to be ordered as dealer installed accessories but there is no charge for them. I guess Ford figures why spend the money to include them with every convertible when most owners don't want or use them.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Question to those who have received their S650 Convertibles, have you had any issue with the back windows not fully closing when putting the top up? I know in the past this was a problem with the back windows not closing properly and requiring you to physically pull the window up to seal shut. I've seen remedies from Ford replacing the motor on those windows with a more powerful motor, adjusting the windows, vasolining/greasing the molding,... Is anyone with a new convertible experiencing this or has Ford permanently fixed the issue?
When I put it up, the back windows don’t come up at all. I don’t remember if the front ones did or not. I have only driven with the top down twice and I wasn’t paying much attention.
It was also weird because I don’t know which of the two buttons that I pushed to get the top down, I wasn’t paying any attention,I’m gonna have to play with it a little more again tomorrow, But it seems like I pushed the same button to make the top come back up as I did to make it go down,
🤷🏻‍♀️ a lot of learning

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’d be so kind I’d like to add a question to the thread. The plastic covers - in the trunk?

edit: wasn’t aware the rear windows were a currentIsh issue. We had one in ‘01 but don’t recall having the window issue.
Yes, plastic pieces in the boot. I haven’t used them yet.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I double checked and I don't have any plastic covers anywhere. I checked the glove box, center console, on the seats, under the seats and under the carpet in the trunk but the only thing there is a tire pump kit and fuel nozzle extension. The dealer gave me a separate plastic bag but it just had the standard floor mats and the locking lug nuts in it.
Should have had them. And they want to give these people raises? 😊 What is that nozzle extension? Husband knows what it is called, but he doesn’t know how they work

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The
Did you get pictures of what you’re missing yet? If not, let me know and I’ll send you a picture.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Think yours and mine are identical twins
Not sure exactly what you got but maybe we can be twinsies. I've got the 401 A with the accent stitching with black leather seats and the only somewhat odd thing I optioned were the custom fit floor mats. I think it was like a $200 option I wasn't even sure I wanted but I really like them.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure exactly what you got but maybe we can be twinsies. I've got the 401 A with the accent stitching with black leather seats and the only somewhat odd thing I optioned were the custom fit floor mats. I think it was like a $200 option I wasn't even sure I wanted but I really like them.
I got atlas, blue, GT, premium, 401(k), active exhaust, black, leather seats, the one I ordered back in June I just canceled Was the same thing except I just changed it to gray seats the other day before I canceled it
Sponsored