• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rubbing only on one side after lowering springs and new tire/wheels

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
That’s an awesome method haha. Self healing!
Once I verified that not metal was rubbing, or causing paint damage was occurring, just a cheap push clip and a tiny bit of the plastic liner, full send lol. I can't forsee any long term issues popping up from it at all.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I’m still rubbing. The push clip is completely gone now I ended up taking it out since it was shaved gone. Still rub on the Metal fender. I even added steeda strut spacers it didn’t end up helping with the Metal fender rubbing. Camber is in enough. next tire size down is to small and stretch’s on the 10 inch wheel

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m still rubbing. The push clip is completely gone now I ended up taking it out since it was shaved gone. Still rub on the Metal fender. I even added steeda strut spacers it didn’t end up helping with the Metal fender rubbing. Camber is in enough. next tire size down is to small and stretch’s on the 10 inch wheel
I follow you on tik tok so I've seen what your doing.

I'm wondering I'd you need to go to a different tire brand. I know you said you run 275s, but maybe the brand really is bigger than other brands? Really odd you've done all you've done and still have a rub.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I follow you on tik tok so I've seen what your doing.

I'm wondering I'd you need to go to a different tire brand. I know you said you run 275s, but maybe the brand really is bigger than other brands? Really odd you've done all you've done and still have a rub.
I appreciate the support! But yea that’s what I was thinking. We’ll see I may post the tires up for sale see what happens I don’t really want to be stuck with 2 sets of tires. What brand are you running? I know that the ones I have now Michelin pilot sport all season the 275/35/20 is 27.8 inches and other tires brands on that size is 27.6 inches. I know it may not seem like alot but that could be it

civicex2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT PP, 2022 M3P, 2021 Explorer ST
I appreciate the support! But yea that’s what I was thinking. We’ll see I may post the tires up for sale see what happens I don’t really want to be stuck with 2 sets of tires. What brand are you running? I know that the ones I have now Michelin pilot sport all season the 275/35/20 is 27.8 inches and other tires brands on that size is 27.6 inches. I know it may not seem like alot but that could be it
I know on my wife’s Tesla when I went to 255s instead of the standard 235s I had to make sure they are summer and not all seasons, all seasons would have rubbed. (Continentals)

I’m at 1.8 camber on both sides and don’t hit metal with 275 Nittos

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running nitto nt555 g2s. I have steeda lowering springs, 20" velgen vf10s, 275/35r20 F, and my camber is -1.9 Drivers side, -1.5 passenger side. No rubbing anywhere besides the plastic clip and its nearly gone.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I'm running nitto nt555 g2s. I have steeda lowering springs, 20" velgen vf10s, 275/35r20 F, and my camber is -1.9 Drivers side, -1.5 passenger side. No rubbing anywhere besides the plastic clip and its nearly gone.
Is that with the steeda camber bolts?

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that with the steeda camber bolts?
I purchased them but didn't need them to get the camber adjustments to where they are at. I still have them just in case I ran into issues after the alignment, but no issues so idk if I will ever use them.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I purchased them but didn't need them to get the camber adjustments to where they are at. I still have them just in case I ran into issues after the alignment, but no issues so idk if I will ever use them.
Interesting I have the camber bolts in now idk what it’s at I set them at max I think. Not sure how much the steeda camber bolts max out at. I’m still driving around with tape to double check. I think it only runs on big dips if the wheel is turned now. I think I’m okay. Doesn’t rub on the fender liner anymore since it rubbed so much before lol.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting I have the camber bolts in now idk what it’s at I set them at max I think. Not sure how much the steeda camber bolts max out at. I’m still driving around with tape to double check. I think it only runs on big dips if the wheel is turned now. I think I’m okay. Doesn’t rub on the fender liner anymore since it rubbed so much before lol.
Fingers crossed lol

I'd still consider going to nittos if you have the finances to do so, just speaking from experience, no issues.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Fingers crossed lol

I'd still consider going to nittos if you have the finances to do so, just speaking from experience, no issues.
Maybe once the weather warms up. Right now weather is to inconsistent. 60° today tomorrow 40° lol

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe once the weather warms up. Right now weather is to inconsistent. 60° today tomorrow 40° lol
Almost there man, luckily all week is 70s here.

Car is going back to the dealer Monday though, it spend all last week there for interior rattles/buzzes, picked it up Thursday and within an hour had a whole new set buzzing along the dash to windshield.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Almost there man, luckily all week is 70s here.

Car is going back to the dealer Monday though, it spend all last week there for interior rattles/buzzes, picked it up Thursday and within an hour had a whole new set buzzing along the dash to windshield.
I have this super annoying metallic buzzing some where in the dash sounds like a cricket chirping. My. Wireless charger also buzzes. Did you have anything similar

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this super annoying metallic buzzing some where in the dash sounds like a cricket chirping. My. Wireless charger also buzzes. Did you have anything similar
When was your car made?

I had a metallic ish buzz on both sides, passenger side was louder, they said they found 5 loose screws in the dash just not sure where in the dash. 2 loose screws in each door, the metallic ish one on the passenger side is gone but drivers side remains.

I don't have a wireless charger so no help there.
Sponsored