• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rubbing only on one side after lowering springs and new tire/wheels

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I wish I can install this rims already. I’m anxious if I’m gonna have the same rubbing issues.. the only way I’m gonna find out if I get my car back I haven’t seen my car going in three weeks now it’s still in the shop. Still sitting on 326 miles they gave me a loaner car patiently waiting they receive all the electronic relay and electronic box that needs to be replaced for that A/C but no phone today that means one thing they probably still working on it..

IMG_7555.jpeg

IMG_7553.jpeg

IMG_7548.jpeg
I highly doubt you'll have any rub with the sizes you have.
Sponsored

Jlandry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT S650
I’m sure some of you have seen earlier today I put on my Velgen VF10s 20x10 on with 285/35R20s (F) and paired with Steeda Progressive Lowering Springs, and while I have 0 rub turning the wheel lock out to lock out, I do get rub when cornering but only on the drivers side front. I can’t get any rubbing to happen on the passenger side, but the slightest cornering on the drivers side and I get tire rub on what sounds like the wheel well liner. Now I haven’t gotten an alignment but does this sound like something an alignment will fix? Has anyone else experience this? Just interesting I can’t get the passenger side to do it. If it’s something that I can’t fix or alignment won’t fix, I’ll have to put the stock performance pack suspension back on, which I really don’t want to do because I love the look I have going now.
I have kind of the same issue with my s650 GT. Rubbing on occasions on the driver side front and rear with Stedda lowering progressive springs and 1” spacers. I have ordered adjustable camber plates for the front and rear camber lockout kit. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Without resorting to swapping to stiffer or less drop springs. I’ll update once installed, aligned and road tested when winter is over here soon.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I have the same issue rubbing on driver side front top fender with 20x10 +35 offset 275/35/20s. Camber is at -1.8° which is already a pretty decent amount for the front. Still rubbing slightly. May give the fender some love taps with a hammer

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue rubbing on driver side front top fender with 20x10 +35 offset 275/35/20s. Camber is at -1.8° which is already a pretty decent amount for the front. Still rubbing slightly. May give the fender some love taps with a hammer
When does it rub? And where does it rub? Mine rubs slightly still with the same setup on the progressive springs, but only when the front suspension really compresses. The issue is slowly resolving itself as the Tire if wearing the fender liner and clip affected, flat each time it hits, only like a 1" section so once it's flat enough, it won't rub it is how I see it 😂 my drivers side front is a -1.9 camber and passenger is -1.5, it rubs in the same spot on both sides I should add. I truly don't think it's going to be a real issue once the liner is rubbed flat.

Now prior to me going from 285s to 275s, and getting an alignment, it was rubbing on the fender wheel well lip. And took a tiny bit of paint with it on the inside edge, so I still need to fix that and then find some fender lips like the Mach 1 and DH has so if it were to rub there again, it won't hit paint.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
When does it rub? And where does it rub? Mine rubs slightly still with the same setup on the progressive springs, but only when the front suspension really compresses. The issue is slowly resolving itself as the Tire if wearing the fender liner and clip affected, flat each time it hits, only like a 1" section so once it's flat enough, it won't rub it is how I see it 😂 my drivers side front is a -1.9 camber and passenger is -1.5, it rubs in the same spot on both sides I should add. I truly don't think it's going to be a real issue once the liner is rubbed flat.

Now prior to me going from 285s to 275s, and getting an alignment, it was rubbing on the fender wheel well lip. And took a tiny bit of paint with it on the inside edge, so I still need to fix that and then find some fender lips like the Mach 1 and DH has so if it were to rub there again, it won't hit paint.
I’m not really sure when it rubs. I’m pretty sure when it compresses a lot and if the wheel is turned. Mines rubbing right on the outside fender. It’s wore a little bit of paint off you can’t see it at all but it wore through the PPF a bit as well. I’ve kind of just been yanking on the fender trying to bend it a tad 🤣I’ve been trying to find the fender flares but I can’t find them

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not really sure when it rubs. I’m pretty sure when it compresses a lot and if the wheel is turned. Mines rubbing right on the outside fender. It’s wore a little bit of paint off you can’t see it at all but it wore through the PPF a bit as well. I’ve kind of just been yanking on the fender trying to bend it a tad 🤣I’ve been trying to find the fender flares but I can’t find them
Yeah be very mindful on turning and dips at the same time, as it will hit the fender itself, but if your getting it occasionally on straight line dips. It's most likely hitting the liner and will be ok. Is your rubbing like constant while driving or in certain situations?

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Yeah be very mindful on turning and dips at the same time, as it will hit the fender itself, but if your getting it occasionally on straight line dips. It's most likely hitting the liner and will be ok. Is your rubbing like constant while driving or in certain situations?
Definitely in certain situations. I just put tape over it and went on the highway and turned the wheel full lock in the parking lot and nothing on the tape

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely in certain situations. I just put tape over it and went on the highway and turned the wheel full lock in the parking lot and nothing on the tape
Chances are you're rubbing the same spot as mine, should resolve itself after the liner is rubbed flat in that spot

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Chances are you're rubbing the same spot as mine, should resolve itself after the liner is rubbed flat in that spot
Hopefully. I just realized I’m rubbing against the top push pin clip as well. Not really worried about that though

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully. I just realized I’m rubbing against the top push pin clip as well. Not really worried about that though
if you aren't showing rub on the fender itself as you said, im sure 99% of your rub is that clip, i think your all good man.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
You will be good with 315/30 on the back, you could even do 325 if you wanted to. I've seen some S650s with 325 on the rear, and they are lowered too. No rub at all. I'm sticking with 305/35 on the rear for now, can't wait to see your setup once mounted. Congratulations

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will be good with 315/30 on the back, you could even do 325 if you wanted to. I've seen some S650s with 325 on the rear, and they are lowered too. No rub at all. I'm sticking with 305/35 on the rear for now, can't wait to see your setup once mounted. Congratulations
i have 305s on the rear 20" wheels, no issues on the rear at all ever, they look great as well

Jlandry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT S650
Just an update with this issue, I discover that spacers are a waste of money for the S650, I had to remove mine, great look but the tire rubs on both the passenger front and rear side.. Did a camber alignment on the back and the tire was sticking out about an inch, it looked great but I could not take a chance on a new car. Plus at 900 km the spacers were already out of torque specs. They were all torque to spec at 150. I have also install the Steeda frame alignment kit and bushing support. I still have the lowering springs on with a BMR camber adjustment lockout kit just installed for the back and no more rubbing on the back. It still rub on occasion on the front, I have MM camber plate for the front but they are not installed yet, I'm afraid that once the camber is adjusted, I will have to remove those spacer in the front as well. Anyway I hope this help understand the issue

Last edited:

civicex2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT PP, 2022 M3P, 2021 Explorer ST
Seems to be a common issue with these springs and tire setup, I removed the fastener already and will be trying to push the rest in a bit this weekend. Lets see if a heat gun will help me mold it in w/o messing the fender up. It only hits at speeds when I get a road dip, its a slight rub nothing alarming but I am very picky.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be a common issue with these springs and tire setup, I removed the fastener already and will be trying to push the rest in a bit this weekend. Lets see if a heat gun will help me mold it in w/o messing the fender up. It only hits at speeds when I get a road dip, its a slight rub nothing alarming but I am very picky.
I am too, but fortunately for me, I've had mine rub enough now that it isn't really hitting anymore on dips, unless they are large.
Sponsored