• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rubbing after Steeda progressives

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Hey everyone, I want to know if anyone has had issues with rubbing on their S650 if you’ve installed the Steeda sport progressive springs? I’m only rubbing on the front driver side, and only noticed it because it rubbed off some of the PPF I had just put on this past weekend. I have SVE SP2’s on 285/35/19’s in the front. Haven’t noticed any rubbing on the passenger side. Not sure if maybe I went too quick on a certain street that has some random dips when I drove it yesterday because I know I heard some scraping of the rubber guards. I’ve had the springs on for a month or so and first time I’ve noticed this issue. Just want to see if this could have been caused by that or should I get some Steeda front spacers to raise the car a bit?

S650 Mustang Rubbing after Steeda progressives IMG_5784

S650 Mustang Rubbing after Steeda progressives IMG_5773

S650 Mustang Rubbing after Steeda progressives IMG_5787
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Hello,

can you please email me ([email protected]) ride height measurements, from the center of the wheel to the fender directly above the center of the wheel. I need this for all four corners of the car.

What wheel/tire combination are you running?

Please include if you are running wheel spacers.

Factory or aftermarket front struts

Alignment sheet.

I will coordinate your email with our lead tech to see what is transpiring.

Best,

TJ

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Hey everyone, I want to know if anyone has had issues with rubbing on their S650 if you’ve installed the Steeda sport progressive springs? I’m only rubbing on the front driver side, and only noticed it because it rubbed off some of the PPF I had just put on this past weekend. I have SVE SP2’s on 285/35/19’s in the front. Haven’t noticed any rubbing on the passenger side. Not sure if maybe I went too quick on a certain street that has some random dips when I drove it yesterday because I know I heard some scraping of the rubber guards. I’ve had the springs on for a month or so and first time I’ve noticed this issue. Just want to see if this could have been caused by that or should I get some Steeda front spacers to raise the car a bit?

IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_5773.jpeg

IMG_5787.jpeg
I’m getting rubbing issues to with a 275/35/20 steeda sport progressives. I’ve added steeda strut spacer kit it comes with 4 1/8th spacers and I have 3 on there and it still rubs on certain bumps and corners. Only the driver side as well. Super annoying

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I’m getting rubbing issues to with a 275/35/20 steeda sport progressives. I’ve added steeda strut spacer kit it comes with 4 1/8th spacers and I have 3 on there and it still rubs on certain bumps and corners. Only the driver side as well. Super annoying
I changed to ford performance street springs and it’s pretty good the drop is perfect up front cause it lowered too much up front but now it’s slightly raised and feels the same as the Steeda springs if not slightly better

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Seems like something is off to me. I've been running their progressives for at least 2000 miles with no rubbing. I'm running 285/35/19 square setup with 19x10 velgen wheels

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

You don't really need the kit, but they do come from the factory not perfectly aligned in some cases.. leading to rub on one side. Ask your dealer to align the subframe if they'll do it. This isn't really exclusive to any brand either. Over the years I've lowered various vehicles. Sometimes, you're fine on one side and digging into the fender on the other.

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Seems like something is off to me. I've been running their progressives for at least 2000 miles with no rubbing. I'm running 285/35/19 square setup with 19x10 velgen wheels
Yeah not sure what could have happened. I ended up getting Ford Performance Street springs and it raised the front slightly and now it sits perfect. I have 285/35/19’s up front and that’s where it would rub. Rears are 305/35/19 SVE SP2 wheels so not sure what happened but I’m much happier now with the new springs drop.

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

You don't really need the kit, but they do come from the factory not perfectly aligned in some cases.. leading to rub on one side. Ask your dealer to align the subframe if they'll do it. This isn't really exclusive to any brand either. Over the years I've lowered various vehicles. Sometimes, you're fine on one side and digging into the fender on the other.
I only rubbed in the front driver side maybe once and not sure if it kept rubbing when I tried testing it with some tape. I switched springs now and I did get Steeda’s IRS subframe alignment kit installed this time but never had any issues in the rear with rubbing
Sponsored