• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Revised chassis tuning"

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I noticed that on the handling package for the Mach 1. And now with the Dark Horse.

Does anyone know exactly what the "revised chassis tuning" that's part of the handling package consists of?
I'm guessing it can only be stiffer Magneride...what else could it be?
Sponsored

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Guessing braces width and the amount of rigidity.. or just a marketing gimmick for the 💵💰💵💵💸

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
I noticed that on the handling package for the Mach 1. And now with the Dark Horse.

Does anyone know exactly what the "revised chassis tuning" that's part of the handling package consists of?
I'm guessing it can only be stiffer Magneride...what else could it be?
My guess is that they tune the rebound and compression of the magneride to maximize the grip of the Trofeo RS. This would allow for precise tuning with the added suspension parts.

Now, you might be saying, OK, duh, I know that but how. Well I think Ford keeps this close to the vest. All I have heard is that all the learning from the GT350 and Mach 1 went into the DH.

But the inputs and consequential response for the magneride must be pretty damn incredible to get the 4000lbs horse to handle the way it does.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I now know the upper strut mount on the HP can be adjusted for camber, my 700a is not equipped with them, ordering them is in process, then the install.

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Complete marketing BS.
I haven't driven a ton of sports cars but I have never driven one that turned in like the DH but still felt smooth on the interstate. Usually you get one or another but the DH has both IMO. Also, everyone talks about how old the chassis is so they gotta be getting those Mach 1, GT350, DH track times from somewhere I suppose. But again, I am not an expert, just giving an opinion.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
For its weight, the DH does handle extremely well. Tires play a big role and I am sure if we could get hold of an actual Mustang engineer we would learn what the actual upgraded tuning consists of. Until then, it just the marketing machine of Ford cranking out vague, sweeping descriptions of nothing.

My sister worked in the Ford marketing department for 7 years and has lots of interesting stories to tell.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
When cars reach 4,000 pounds, A LOT of compromises have to be made to keep the car as level as possible during hard turns.

There is a reason the best handling cars of the past 10 years or so are very light… Miata, BRZ, Corvette, Cayman, 911 etc.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
The Magnaride in the DH and PP is pretty impressive. I had a S550 without Magnaride so not sure if its improved or not. It drives nice daily and through the twisties for a heavy V8 sports/muscle car.

OP
OP
JAL

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is a reason the best handling cars of the past 10 years or so are very light… Miata, BRZ, Corvette, Cayman, 911 etc.
A 911 is a very heavy car....3900lb for a 2014...4300 for a 2024

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Generally speaking it's anti sway bar diameter, possibly bushings, shocks and possibly springs. The best way to check for differences is look in the s650 parts catalog and look for different PN compared to stock GT. If the PN are different. there is some kind of difference.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
No worries. Sometimes I question using the comparison of the German/Italian sports cars as they are so much more expensive. I actually drove a Miata as a rental in Seattle last year and thought the car was a blast.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Generally speaking it's anti sway bar diameter, possibly bushings, shocks and possibly springs. The best way to check for differences is look in the s650 parts catalog and look for different PN compared to stock GT. If the PN are different. there is some kind of difference.
Those are all real, easily measured differences. The question is the claim of "revised chassis tuning"...which could be said about any model compared to another. It translates to "it's different". Different springs, different sway bars, but what exactly is "tuned different"?...the Magneride? Maybe. With different weight, springs and sway bars I would certainly hope it's different.
Sponsored

Last edited: