• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remote revving

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Can remote revving be possible with a MT, perhaps by having thre car in neutral?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
forgot to mention this here, but no, manual transmissions will not get remote rev
confirmed by OASIS when i looked up a 2024 mustang VIN
S650 Mustang Remote revving 1671386063953

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
forgot to mention this here, but no, manual transmissions will not get remote rev
confirmed by OASIS when i looked up a 2024 mustang VIN
1671386063953.png
ok, no remote reving, but remote start?
Certainly not in Germany but an import might be able to do it?!

Can't read/ don't understand your picture...

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
ok, no remote reving, but remote start?
Certainly not in Germany but an import might be able to do it?!

Can't read/ don't understand your picture...
"less" means without, so the picture is saying
"less remote starter" = no remote start
"less remote rev" = no remote revving

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
what makes you think the laws of physics or how manual transmissions work are different in countries outside the EU?
Nothing but to be honest, I donā€™t know how they mechanically achieve the revving in an ATā€¦ I thought that maybe if the MT is not locked in a gear a remote start would be possible?! It is an electronic signal that starts the car and I hoped that they can simulate pressing the clutch in a MT as wellā€¦ I donā€™t know manā€¦ They have a drift break so Iā€™m sure they could come up with something like that :D

Besides, the laws of physics are the same ā€“ the environmental laws arenā€™tā€¦ Remote starting your car in Germany is prohibited. My BMW could be remotely started outside of Germany or maybe the EU but since itā€™s not allowed that feature is not available Germany. Same with the S550ā€¦ Technically the feature itself is not a problem but letting the engine run without the intention of going somewhere e.g. preheating your car or showing off, is illegal as well as driving around without a destinationā€¦ You can circumvent the later easily but the first one not so muchā€¦

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I donā€™t know how they mechanically achieve the revving in an ATā€¦ I thought that maybe if the MT is not locked in a gear a remote start would be possible?
An AT's state is deterministic - it has sensors and mechanical switches. Furthermore the solenoids that control gear selection are 100% under computer control and so while even in Park, the computer can command the solenoids to the Neutral position.

Manual transmissions have NONE of those features or capabilities.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Technically the feature itself is not a problem but letting the engine run without the intention of going somewhere e.g. preheating your car or showing off, is illegal as well as driving around without a destinationā€¦
Damn. Didn't realize it's so crazy in my neigbourhood. Must be anti-emission addendums. My destination is always back home šŸ˜

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Can remote revving be possible with a MT, perhaps by having thre car in neutral?
Am I the only one who thinks that feature is pretty lame?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Am I the only one who thinks that feature is pretty lame?
When I first heard about it, I thought it was corny for sure, but I also guarantee you that I would 100% use it if I was able to (if I get one, it will be a manual). :) It would be an easy way to get consistent before and after audio clips after exhaust installs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
Would be an easy way to find the car in a crowded parking lot.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Nothing but to be honest, I donā€™t know how they mechanically achieve the revving in an ATā€¦ I thought that maybe if the MT is not locked in a gear a remote start would be possible?! It is an electronic signal that starts the car and I hoped that they can simulate pressing the clutch in a MT as wellā€¦ I donā€™t know manā€¦ They have a drift break so Iā€™m sure they could come up with something like that :D

Besides, the laws of physics are the same ā€“ the environmental laws arenā€™tā€¦ Remote starting your car in Germany is prohibited. My BMW could be remotely started outside of Germany or maybe the EU but since itā€™s not allowed that feature is not available Germany. Same with the S550ā€¦ Technically the feature itself is not a problem but letting the engine run without the intention of going somewhere e.g. preheating your car or showing off, is illegal as well as driving around without a destinationā€¦ You can circumvent the later easily but the first one not so muchā€¦
It is illegal to drive around without a destination? 2 questions, how will kids learn to drive with their parents in a parking lot or around the block? And how could they inforce that?
Sponsored